An idea for our pre-season games

4dabirds

PS games are usually very uneventful and a waste of money to STH's. So why not add a twist and play them at GT. You get the outdoor atmosphere and a great area to tailgate. Just fence off an area for tailgating, and let the good times roll.

PS games are usually very uneventful and a waste of money to STH's. So why not add a twist and play them at GT. You get the outdoor atmosphere and a great area to tailgate. Just fence off an area for tailgating, and let the good times roll.

Or Sanford... That way we can fit more people... ;)

It's ok...

On a serious note though...Bobby Dodd might be kinda small

How many tickets usually get sold for pre-season games? It can't possibly be more than 30,000 or so. Maybe this plan could never work, but I don't think it's because of the size of Bobby Dodd.

Bobby Dodd holds 55,000... average attendance for our regular season games is in the 60's. I've often thought that it might be cool to play some games there.

I think it would be cool because I've never been to Bobby Dodd for a game. A change of scenery would be fun for preseason.

Wouldn't bother me either way but can't say it would make me want to go to a preseason game anymore than I do now. Not a bad topic though... at least it's something different.

I think having it at BD would be a nice change of scenery. The tailgating would have a more community environment. Plus you'd have the skyline in the background. PS games are just dead by the 3rd and 4th series anyway. Do it for the season ticket holders.

Would be nice to have an outdoor game, but I'm sure they are under contract with the city to have the preseason games at the dome. They could probably buy their way out of playing the game at the dome, but I doubt they would recover enough from GT to make it worth it.

They would most likely have to do it at a loss, which means there would need to be a compelling case they it would provide a good enough fan experience that it would attract new fans, or perhaps provide a good enough increase their contraband sales over what they would otherwise have sold.

Yeah, I'd go to that one !!

Great atmosphere, close by, would be fun !!!

I like the idea of testing the outside environment so +1 to you for thinking outside of the box. I don't know how the Falcons sales department feels about moving from a 71k stadium to 55k and how that works in the blackout sense. I think it would be a bad precendence in the NFL rulebook related to blackouts.

Logistically I'm terribly bias and love being in Sanford stadium but for those folks south or west of the city I think they may be a little ticked. The other problem is the preseason games as I recall are on a Thursday or Friday night. That's perfect for me but those other folks getting off work might be a little mad when they wade through the northside of Atlanta into the Gwinnett traffic sludge.