Hater of Hate

LOSTCHILD

Being a Military Veteran , It saddens me to see so much hate for other cultures in this world . Without justifying it one way or another, I will say that anyone who feels that every member of one group or another is deserving of the same negative stereotypes that may or may not exist are beyond foolish. There are a lot of bad people in this world with bad intentions and they are not all in the middle east. If most of these dumb so called Americans that don’t concern themselves with world events. I have a love/hate relationship with America. I love the many wonderful things we stand for and I hate the many harmful and hateful acts that have been committed as well. To anyone who may still be clueless as to why some people hate America just ask yourself why America has Military bases in over 130 countries around the world. … just something to think about.

That and as we speak someone has a solider standing outside there house with a rifle.

Luckily black hawk down pretty much assured that Americans "dont want none of this"(Horn of africa) where my family is from, but I feel sadness for the places that arent as lucky.

Thank you for your services lostchild

Luckily black hawk down pretty much assured that Americans "dont want none of this"(Horn of africa) where my family is from, but I feel sadness for the places that arent as lucky.

Thank you for your services lostchild

It didn't prove that at all. What it did prove is that the US doesn't value the health and welfare of the citizens in that region enough to commit a large fighting force to the area.

You have an odd definition of "truth".

Nah..History is on my side.

Drop American troops in a west african city similar to Mogadishu, and they would have taken over the place.

From the siege of khartoum, to Italy, to present day it just does not work like that in east africa. There is no "giving in" -_-

Drop American troops in a west african city similar to Mogadishu, and they would have taken over the place.

From the siege of khartoum, to Italy, to present day it just does not work like that in east africa. There is no "giving in" -_-

How did that little pirate adventure with the Maersk Alabama turn out for you guys?

I think it's an example of ignoring the underlying factors and other critical points of what goes on there.

It is kinda like how you pitch a hissy fit and remind people of the critical importance the French played in America winning their freedom(as well as the fact that the British didn't fully commit to us) whenever someone says, "America kicked the British Empires a**, go America!!!"

Again, hypocrisy.

I think it's an example of ignoring the underlying factors and other critical points of what goes on there.

It is kinda like how you pitch a hissy fit and remind people of the critical importance the French played in America winning their freedom(as well as the fact that the British didn't fully commit to us) whenever someone says, "America kicked the British Empires a**, go America!!!"

Again, hypocrisy.

France would still be occupied by Germany if not for AMERICA so whats your point?

Again, hypocrisy.

ok, if you choose to see it that way.

I was also confused by his reply.

You go on and on about Frances participation with America against the British but you never make mention of America`s part in liberating France during WW2. The world would look much different had America stayed out of WW2 but you and most Europeans have developed amnesia on this subject.

You act as though the Americans put on all out assault on the city. That is a complete fallacy. Had they planned a full assault, the city would be decimated and you couldn't sit there behind your computer posting that kind of nonsense.

Maybe you shouldn't write your own history.

What would the demolition of Mogadishu have to do with me posting on this forum? I know Americans waltzed in Somalia thinking it would be an easy Liberia-esque pushover and received a rude awakening.

Even created that horribly racist black hawk down movie to romanticize it :lol:

What I'm saying, Julie, is that had they been going in to actually attack the city instead of sending a smaller force in to capture some of the leaders then the story would have been a lot different and then you wouldn't be here making up your own history. Call it what it was. It was a failed extraction, nothing more. You make it seem as though the U.S. forces were attacking when in fact they were not. But I'm glad your proud of your boys. :lol::lol:

You call the movie "horribly racist"? That's interesting. Actually, if you didn't constantly say that everything you disagree with is racist then I might actually ask you to elaborate. But I really don't care.

Thats nice...

In fact They arent my boys. I, as an ethiopian, would be killed on sight in Mogadishu. Much like the americans(or anybody else), who tries to invade them.

I will purchase a one way ticket if you like :lol:

Again, you seem to think that the actions of 1993 was an invasion. I hope that you understand if the U.S. actually wanted to invade and take control that they could quite easily.

No tickets needed -_-

If it was easy it would have been done. Nothing was gained by sending American troops to their death...even a fool like Clinton understood that.

No tickets needed -_-

If it was easy it would have been done. Nothing was gained by sending American troops to their death...even a fool like Clinton understood that.

I don't think we cared enough to want to take over the whole city, or at least wanted to deal with the polical ramifications. It is hardly a "we're scared of them" or "cannot handle them" situation. Simply put, if we have a target in front of us, and the chains come off, it is going down. That can be said for any country in the world that isn't China or Russia.

France would still be occupied by Germany if not for AMERICA so whats your point?

Actually, it's pretty well accepted that the Russians probably would have taken over all of Europe had the other allies not decided to invade.

I don't think that would have been much of an improvement though..