Falcon's Developing their Identity Along the Offensive Line...

We are definiately aquiring players with common personality traits.

Tough, large, edgy maulers that compensate for merely adqeuate atheleticism with strength, technique, intelligence ... and most importantly attitude.

Makes me feel like Blalock may be the odd man out after this season ... giving way to Mike Johnson.

Even the reserves have attitude. Can't wait until Reynolds starts in a year's time.

GR.jpg

I like the O-Line too. Do you think we draft a player next year or count on Reynolds, Johnson for the future?

Along with Hawley.

If Clabo/Dahl/Blalock leave, we have to draft a couple of players, because we will only be 1 deep on the OL. We'll have to replace however many players leave either through the draft or FA.

I like the O-Line too. Do you think we draft a player next year or count on Reynolds, Johnson for the future?

Along with Hawley.

I think we keep Dahl and groom Hawley under McClure for another year. Meanwhile Hawley can hold the reserve G position.

We will need to draft a swing tackle in the middle rounds next year IMO.

I think we keep Dahl and groom Hawley under McClure for another year. Meanwhile Hawley can hold the reserve G position.

We will need to draft a swing tackle in the middle rounds next year IMO.

Took the words right out of my mouth, we'll definitely need a swing tackle who's an upgrade over Svitek. A little insurance if Baker breaks down.

never thought about Blalock being the odd man out. Logical point though. He is the nice OLineman but I think he is the strongest pass blocking OG we have isn't he? It would be hard pressed to let him walk unless Johnson comes on very quickly. Wouldn't be opposed to the idea which clearly means Johnson is the superior talent if he replaces Blalock

never thought about Blalock being the odd man out. Logical point though. He is the nice OLineman but I think he is the strongest pass blocking OG we have isn't he? It would be hard pressed to let him walk unless Johnson comes on very quickly. Wouldn't be opposed to the idea which clearly means Johnson is the superior talent if he replaces Blalock

He is not at risk this year ... but next.

Blalock has the physical tools ... but our OL coach cares less about that.

If he plays well ... we may be tempted to keep him ... but cost/value becomes an issue with Dahl, Clabo, and Blalock all having contract years.

That LG position is pretty much Mike Johnson's in the future... Blalock has to outplay Dahl this year and cost less money... I know Coach Smith mentioned Dahl in the state of the franchise event.... So Blalock has a way to go....

Blalock is younger (26 years old) and if he has a great year and come cheaper.. Its a chance.

He has to play his butt off. Dahl is ahead right now... It doesnt look good for Blalock

I definitely wants to see what Reynolds can do.... I know his play at Guard was very limited but he played good.... They did that to get him some playing time. I think Reynolds can play RT in the NFL...

Did TD draft Blaylock? I cant remember, i know he was a 2nd round pick ,and i never hear negative comments from the FO or coaches about his play, attitude ect.

I dont see him going, i think TD realises O-Lineman are vital to the success of the offense, and wouldnt be suprised to see Blaylock locked up with a long term deal.

thoughts?

Did TD draft Blaylock? I cant remember, i know he was a 2nd round pick ,and i never hear negative comments from the FO or coaches about his play, attitude ect.

I dont see him going, i think TD realises O-Lineman are vital to the success of the offense, and wouldnt be suprised to see Blaylock locked up with a long term deal.

thoughts?

Blaylock was a Richie-Rich pick, and I don't think he'll be kept long term.

For those who think we will resign Clabo and Dahl... We may but remember O-Lineman are expensive

Both of those guys will get 4 - 7 million a year... It depends... Clabo should cost more depending on their position.. ill just say... I dont think we drafted Garrett Reynolds for no reason.

For those who think we will resign Clabo and Dahl... We may but remember O-Lineman are expensive

Both of those guys will get 4 - 7 million a year... It depends... Clabo should cost more depending on their position.. ill just say... I dont think we drafted Garrett Reynolds for no reason.

Clabo is going to get his pay day and the guy has earned it.

The only position that I have not seen him play at is Center.

The guy is a High Value Player and I say PAY DA MAN.

Dahl can go else where to get his money,and he will get about 3.2 mil, but not here.

We are definiately aquiring players with common personality traits.Tough, large, edgy maulers that compensate for merely adqeuate atheleticism with strength, technique, intelligence ... and most importantly attitude.Makes me feel like Blalock may be the odd man out after this season ... giving way to Mike Johnson.Even the reserves have attitude. Can't wait until Reynolds starts in a year's time.GR.jpg

Sorry bro but I still think the Oline may be the Falcon's weakest unit.

They have played some good games against weak defenses, but when pitted against good defenses they have flat out gotten their ases handed to em. Any questions?

To think the NCAA rookies we drafted in April will come in and save the day is irresponsible to me.

The Falcons better shore up the Oline this year and protect Ryan and Turner or the 2011 offseason will be a long, hard, cold offseason.