Here's some of my original Music if ya wanna listen

I ain't no pro musician, although I am working on a song with a couple of people who are - "LOL, working means sending my backing tracks to them to add some xtra guitar and vox".

Either way, I'm an old guy from the era or error you might say late 1980's guitar heavy rock type of player.

If anybody want's to collaborate on some of those type of tunes then drop me an email here, or from the link I am about to add at the end of this message.

I ain't selfish, I can play lead guitar but I have been recording music as of late with just rhythm guitar and drums and no VOX.

I feel it's important to allow others when being asked to add to a song ideal room to be creative instead of giving them something where they are confined to a certain melody or ideal. Musicians will understand what I am talking about. Your either a Puppet or your an Artist, JMO.

If you are interested, or even if you aren't then I hope you check out my music if you like 1980's type of hard rock music.

They're nothing special, just me having some fun learning how to make music. BTW: The Vox on the tune Counterstrike is me "Making a fool of myself trying to let others WHO CAN SING hear how I perceive the song being sung". It alway's makes me laugh when someone say's : "You STINK AT SINGING", the thing is, I have to try and show how I hear the song with my voice sometimes just to let the person who can sing know where I am trying to go with the song vocal wise, or with words or melody that is. I could use guitar to do that with, but it just isn't as easy as it sounds sometimes.

I'm looking for a 80's style hard rock singer who might be interested in singing my tunes, and collaborating on that type of music.

Anybody interested????

Here' my link to my Live Space where my music can be heard :

http://heavyrocksounds.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?sa=777283837

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the "HECK" of it, I think my tune "Counterstrike" might be an Anthem the Falcons could use to go after the division rivals in this upcoming season. JMO...... Ofcourse that would mean having someone who could sing this tune also.

http://heavyrocksounds.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?sa=777283837

Edited by Major Falcon

Not bad at all, man. Definitely 80's rock, stuff that I miss hearing.Stranded reminded me a lot of Ratt. Good stuff and good luck on finding a singer.

BTW, I stink at singing, too. So I have something in common with Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Johnny Cash. ;)

Thanks Man, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and check it out. I ain't no professional I just like making some noise sometimes.

Hey, are you the same "Pencil Pusher" that used to have a page that showed paintings and art work? Just wondering because I always enjoyed viewing those paintings.

Do you play guitar? If you do then my second question would be do you use your computer to record with, and if so what kind of setup do you use?

My setup for recording is a Line 6 Toneport Kb37 using the Line 6 Pod Farm Vst with the Metal Shop/FX Junkie plug in's, I wish I would have gotten the full package when I purchased those and still don't know why I didn't, maybe I will upgrade in the future.

I use Cakewalk's Music Creator 4 recording at 24/48. Although I do have Sony's Acid software, I have come to realize that when you record a lot of tracks with VST's it takes up a whole lot of memory resources.

The reason I use Cakewalk's MC4 is because I can select "Freeze Audio" to conserve memory option and it makes a big difference when trying to record multiple tracks with a heavy usage of VST's. I like recording that way because you always have the option to work on the guitar sound fx's, or bass or whatever you record with it.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment.

Edited by Major Falcon

Nice. I'm into recording myself. I'm an aspiring producer actually. I've recorded a few tracks myself but not professionally. I play drums and bass.

If I send you some of my drum + bass tracks could you record some guitar on them? I mean just for fun not anything serious but it would be a blast for me :)

Sounds good bro of all the songs I like the sound of stranded the best

Stranded is actually my latest tune, I know it's nothing special but I am especially happy with the recording methods that I used to make it happen. I think I took a step forward in the sound quality with that one as far as my own personal song recording goes.

I don't know what the heck I was thinking of when I made Stranded up, I guess anything 80's hard rock might be a good comparison because I am from that era.

I do however "Smell a Ratt somewhere in that tune" as Pencil Pusher pointed out. :lol:

Thanks again for taking the time

Nice. I'm into recording myself. I'm an aspiring producer actually. I've recorded a few tracks myself but not professionally. I play drums and bass.

If I send you some of my drum + bass tracks could you record some guitar on them? I mean just for fun not anything serious but it would be a blast for me :)

I can try, I ain't no Jazz guitar player or professional, although I'm sure there are some on these forums. I mostly play 80's style hard rock. Although I did fail to mention that I do play a little classical guitar.

I'm in this for fun nowadays, so anything I do is for fun, so I'd give it a try, heck what's the worst that can happen - "Bad Sounds", heck we all have those sometimes, so what's the harm in trying.

Send me an email and I'll give it a try.

I can try, I ain't no Jazz guitar player or professional, although I'm sure there are some on these forums. I mostly play 80's style hard rock. Although I did fail to mention that I do play a little classical guitar.

I'm in this for fun nowadays, so anything I do is for fun, so I'd give it a try, heck what's the worst that can happen - "Bad Sounds", heck we all have those sometimes, so what's the harm in trying.

Send me an email and I'll give it a try.

Alright, cool! Feel free to send me some guitar tracks and I'll record drums and/or bass.

Alright, cool! Feel free to send me some guitar tracks and I'll record drums and/or bass.

Sounds cool.And BTW:, Just so everyone will know, I didn't realize my email was set on private, I forgot about that. Although you should be able to find it on my live space link.I've changed it to allow now, if anyone tries to reach me and has a problem just reply here to let me know and I"ll try and fix it.

Edited by Major Falcon

Stranded is the best. The drum mix on the others just isn't right. Turn the crash down and the snare up. I like the intros on all of em. The singing on the second one is not very good but you said you're just a refence vocalist. I hope that's you and not the final vocalist.

Thank you for taking the time to listen. I appreciate an honest answer like you have give me. I really do feel that out of the 5 I have posted right now that Stranded was my best "Sounding" song. It is the last tune I made up, which really makes me think I have gotten better at recording my music with the ways I go about recording it.

What you said in your comment is 100% Perfect right on about the drums. You've got a great set of ears to listen with, I don't know if you are a musician or not but you are hearing things that most others would'nt pay attention to or notice. The drums are something I have been working on. Since I am not a drummer I have to use various means to try.

The thing with Stranded is that - Most everything I recorded up until then was using Loops .wav files for drums, on stranded I used nothing but midi drums and edited them myself. I also had to cheat a bit by qauntizing them to get them right, but I paid attention to what I was doing and I think it was a step forward.

Thank you for the kind remarks. As for the VOX, You got what I was saying about making a road map, I ain't no singer and the only thing I'm trying to do is show a SINGER where I am trying to go with the tune.

Thanks again

Guest Regular Guy

I am no musician, but I LOVE 80s rock. Ratt, Def Leppard, Scorpions, and as you can tell by my avatar, Van Halen. Stranded is definately a Ratt sounding tune, I like it. There are a couple of spots where the drum fills are off and don't mesh well, but I love the Raunchy guitar!! Sounds dirty! I can hear "Another day, some other way....." :lol:

Here we go actually sounds like something of a mix between EARLY Joe Satriani and Deep Purple's Woman From Tokyo. Needless to say, I like it too!

Very good work bro, I am impressed.

Edited by Regular Guy

I am no musician, but I LOVE 80s rock. Ratt, Def Leppard, Scorpions, and as you can tell by my avatar, Van Halen. Stranded is definately a Ratt sounding tune, I like it. There are a couple of spots where the drum fills are off and don't mesh well, but I love the Raunchy guitar!! Sounds dirty! I can hear "Another day, some other way....." :lol:

Here we go actually sounds like something of a mix between EARLY Joe Satriani and Deep Purple's Woman From Tokyo. Needless to say, I like it too!

Very good work bro, I am impressed.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. It's interesting to hear how everyone views songs when there isn't a singer. I can hear what everyone is saying with stranded having that Ratt type of vibe to it, although that's just another one of my many influences and I appreciate the comment.

Yeah, I know what your saying on the drums, I ain't no drummer that's for sure, I've been slowly trying to work them in there.

I've about come to the conclusion that unless you have a drummer recording for you, Midi programming is the way to go, either that or loops. The only problem with using loops is you end up in this situation where your stuck with how they were recorded - meaning if they have reverb or effects added, then there's really no way to remove that from the sound, but if you use midi programing or digital drums you've got a little bit of room to change things with velocity and ofcourse use different drums. I used midi programing on Stranded, it ain't perfect. It's hard to figure out where certain parts should go without a singer. Most everything I do is written with the intent to have vocals added to it. I've had a few people say "Well, why not just add guitar all the way through", but the thing is, that just isn't the type of music I wanna do right now.

I have added three new tunes on my site today,everything I am still working out the probs. with them, until I can find someone interested in singing for me I'll just keep working on it.

There is one I hope everyone takes the time to listen to because it makes me laugh everytime I hear it, I was just goofing off and having fun, it's called LOST IN ORBIT I played the guitar on it and add some FX, it's just me acting stupid but I thought it turned out pretty funny to listen to.

Thanks again for taking the time, I appreciate that.

Here's the link : http://heavyrocksounds.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Edited by Major Falcon

80's rock is my favorite of all time and I REALLY like what you're doing! Keep it up man! Do you have lyrics for the songs already written?

Thank you for listening and taking the time to comment.

Yeah, I have lyrics for most everything you are hearing, the thing is if I added my vocals to this stuff it wouldn't be heard. I have problems with my voice, but every once in a while I actually can sing, but it's not something I would try and do for the public.

My lead guitar has been very basic on the things you hear here, I am trying to keep everything as an open field for others who can Sing and create music to add to. That's why my tunes sound so basic.

Well, I'm pretty dang good at saying "IF ya don't like it and it sucks, I screwed up but I am working on it". :lol:

I can tell you and everyone here this right now - "I DANG SURE AIN'T NO EGO MANIAC". That's what drove me out of music years ago. It become a guitar slinger contest about nothing but noise and I am a person who is more interested in creating a song. I hope it shows here, because I like hearing songs, instead of noise.

Thanks again