How do Falcons fans feel about the 2010 Schedule?

Last year you guys had a hard schedule with a lot of teams coming off byes. I wanted to know how you guys felt about your 2010 schedule? And do you think your schedule allows for a good shot at the playoffs?

-SirPsycho

I like it a lot better. It's certainly no cakealk playing the AFC North, but a lot of things make it better than that joke of a schedule we had in 09:

1) Opponents coming off of byes: 2009 - 4 (wtf!?!), 2010 - 1 (Bengals I believe)

2) Our own bye week: 2009 - week 4, 2010 - week 8

3) Home/Road splits - 2009 - Most tough games on the road (SF, NE, Dallas, NY twice in cold weather), 2010 - Most tough games at home (Bal, Cincy, GB, Zona, SF). Hardest road games look to be Pitt (who we get week 1 with No Big Ben and the weather shouldn't be bad), Philly early when the weather shouldn't be a factor, and Seattle (12th man in Seattle may be manufactured, but it's real). Other road games are StL and Cleveland.

In the end, I see 10-12 wins in there, but I'd be a little disappointed with 10 to be honest. As long as we make the playoffs I'm happy though

I feel a lot better about it this year than last year, that's for sure. I'm just so proud of our team in that we actually pulled out a 9-7 season last year, even with all of the injuries we sustained.

This season's schedule is definitely more palatable at first glance.

Thanks for the responses. Glad to see y'all are positive about this year. Should be a competitive season for the NFC South both internally and within the NFC. Besides the obvious contenders to win the division(Falcons and Saints) I think the Panthers will be tough. I don't see them winning the South but they are always a formidable opponent.

I'm loving this schedule. While we play some tough teams - the schedule is fair and doable.

Having to play 4 teams off a bye last year - and that long road stretch was tough.

I would say the only part that puzzles me a little is that we play 4 division games out of the last 5 - that means it could possibly come down to the end of the season before we know how the division plays out.

Guest mashburn

I cannot wait. i hope for a perfect season. but this year looks very promising. just like lucky tom said. we only have to worry about one team comming off of a bye. and we get a break in the middle.

but just to be fare I would say we go 11-5. but I am hoping for a perfect season.

Last year's schedule would have qualified as cruel and unusual punishment. I'm content with this schedule. The way the schedule fell was sheer ****. Our toughest opponents were on the road, a few after their bye. This year we play some brutal D's, but very fair. I like it.

this. wasn't 09 a first place schedule? If want to be the best beat the best. I love when the cowboys have a tough schedule. It let's me as a fan know where they stand.

We were second in the South.

The Ain'ts have one of the easiest schedules this season in the league(and last), they are in the bottom 10 in projected strength of schedule. We aren't complaining about who we played, but when we played them. When have the Cowboys had to face 3 NFC East teams after their byes in the same season? To have our starting QB, RB, LT, and our top 2 draft picks miss significant playing time, play the Pats, Cowgirls, Ain'ts, on the road, get 3 playoff caliber teams after their bye, and still pull out a winning season is a helluva an accomplishment. Not enough to get us to our goal, but still nothing to knock.

I'm loving this schedule. While we play some tough teams - the schedule is fair and doable.

Having to play 4 teams off a bye last year - and that long road stretch was tough.

I would say the only part that puzzles me a little is that we play 4 division games out of the last 5 - that means it could possibly come down to the end of the season before we know how the division plays out.

The NFL did that on purpose, that's why it took longer than usual for the schedules to come out. They put divisional games at the end of the year to hopefully put an end to playing the "JV team" going into the playoffs. If the division is on the line, they assume teams won't rest their starters.

Last year you guys had a hard schedule with a lot of teams coming off byes. I wanted to know how you guys felt about your 2010 schedule? And do you think your schedule allows for a good shot at the playoffs?

-SirPsycho

Easier, but far from easy. We play plenty of good teams and our division is becoming even more solidified. We do have a good bye-week and avoided all but one team coming off a bye. I also liked how our home and away games fell to certain teams... as in we generally have the harder ones at home where we can get our 'dome-field advantage' and the easier ones away. It definitely helps to get the season rolling against a Steelers team without their #1 QB and limping in a new starting WR.

I see big things for us.

Easier, but far from easy. We play plenty of good teams and our division is becoming even more solidified. We do have a good bye-week and avoided all but one team coming off a bye. I also liked how our home and away games fell to certain teams... as in we generally have the harder ones at home where we can get our 'dome-field advantage' and the easier ones away. It definitely helps to get the season rolling against a Steelers team without their #1 QB and limping in a new starting WR.

I see big things for us.

It looks like Leftwich is the one getting the most reps too, I bet our DE's are already licking their chops on that one. He gives them at least another second or two to get there.

schedule appears easier this year, but with injuries and all you just never know. Still looking at it I see us winning 10-11 games this year and being in the playoffs. Don't no if we're SB ready yet, but playoffs certainly.

If we don't make the playoffs, I'll be shellshocked. I don't know if we'll get first place in the division or not, but I see us winning 10-11 games and getting a wild card without too much trouble... barring another rash of injuries like last year.