When did this happen?

vel

When did Jerious Norwood get this injury prone label? Before this season, (the season where EVERYBODY got injured maybe even TD and Blank too) Norwood only missed 3 games. THREE GAMES PEOPLE!!! He missed 2 his rookie season, 1 his sophomore season and none his 3rd year. He suffered a hip flexor injury which isn't easy to recover from. If you have had a serious groin injury, it is worse than that. In the same breath, Reggie Bush has missed 12 games. Same type of player but more significantly injury prone. The last time he played a full season was his rookie year.

a.) So I guess Turner is injury prone as well since he missed 5 games this year after having only missed 5 games his whole career before this passed year?

b.) So if Norwood is injury prone all of a sudden, is Abe now no longer injury prone since he has played 3 full seasons straight having only accumulated 3 full seasons his whole career?

[Argument A = Argument B if you disagree.]

I'm tired of seeing these threads/posts about "If Norwood can stay healthy" or "If he can't, he needs to be cut". I see if he was Bob Sanders out there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Those stats don't show how many times Norwood started a game, took a couple hits, and then left with an injury. Until this year, he has avoided the big injury causing him to miss multiple games. That is true. However, Norwood has had trouble staying on the field when mostly healthy. That is the problem.

I give Norwood credit last year for trying to get back on the field and playing through an injury. But it did cost him IMO. I just felt like all of last year, as soon as you'd see him on the field you knew it was a matter of minutes b/4 he limped off the field. He looked very fragile last year.

Those stats don't show how many times Norwood started a game, took a couple hits, and then left with an injury. Until this year, he has avoided the big injury causing him to miss multiple games. That is true. However, Norwood has had trouble staying on the field when mostly healthy. That is the problem.

He takes his share of nicks and bruises but he is not an injury prone player and yes he is far better then Snelling.

When did this happen ???

It happened when Norwood ran onto the field during a critical game situation, ran the ball, and ..............guess what ?? INJURY.

Waaaay too often, especially if you want to be taken seriously as an NFL running back.

Look at these stats for a minute :

Running attempts by 3 different RB's in '08 and '09.

Chris Johnson - Titans - '08 = 251

'09 = 358

Michael Turner '08 = 376

'09 = 178 (injured)

Mr. Norwood '08 = 95

'09 = 76

Anyway you cut it Norwood is as fragile as a thoroughbred race horse. Great when he's 100%, as in game one of each year but you can't count on the guy.

And...............the NFL is not horse racing.

This says it best! If this guy doesnt think Norwood is injury prone or always getting knocked out of games then he doesnt watch many games!

When he's healthy and on the field, yes.

Until that happens, Snelling is the more reliable back.

Reliable yes he is but play makers is what we need and alot of people is dogging Norewood like he cant make plays. Last year I remembered him making a lot of catches for us on 3rd down to move the chains.

I used to scream about Norwood not being a bigger part of the gameplan, but I have realized that you can't gameplan for a guy that may or may not be available for more than a snap or two. I like the idea of making him more of a slot receiver Percy Harvin type. 4-5 catches, 2-3 carries a game sounds good to me. Although it was as a receiver in pre-season when a cheap shot by Cromartie led to Norwood's first concussion of the year. That being said, it's easier to plan for him to be used primarily as a receiver since we have guys like HD who can do similar things. We don't have another RB that can do anything close to what a healthy Norwood can do. Maybe Antone Smith, but that again is why it stinks that Norwood keeps getting knocked out during games. It would be hard to justify an active roster spot for Smith, but you could pull him up from the practice squad if you knew Norwood would definitely be out for a few games.

Reliable yes he is but play makers is what we need and alot of people is dogging Norewood like he cant make plays. Last year I remembered him making a lot of catches for us on 3rd down to move the chains.

What good is a so-called playmaker if he can't stay on the field when you really need him at crucial part of the game?

When did this happen ???

It happened when Norwood ran onto the field during a critical game situation, ran the ball, and ..............guess what ?? INJURY.

Waaaay too often, especially if you want to be taken seriously as an NFL running back.

'09 = 358

Michael Turner '08 = 376

'09 = 178 (injured)

Mr. Norwood '08 = 95

'09 = 76

Anyway you cut it Norwood is as fragile as a thoroughbred race horse. Great when he's 100%, as in game one of each year but you can't count on the guy.

2 of those guys are starters...one of them isn't. Can't really take how many carries they got as evidence to how injury prone one is over the other.

You've been here for years now, you cannot criticize fan faves around here...3 seasons ago means a lot to these guys.

Its called substance we know what he can do when healthy. When Abe got injured we didn't call for his head because we know what he can do when healthy.

2 of those guys are starters...one of them isn't. Can't really take how many carries they got as evidence to how injury prone one is over the other.

Isn't that worse? If Turner goes down, does anybody really believe we can squeeze 200+ carries out of Norwood? Honestly?

And if he's only played one complete season out of four, what else do you consider it, if not "injury prone"? Have you ever worked with someone closely that has an attendance problem? When he's not at work, it means more work for everybody else. That's what frustrates people about Norwood. And I am a huge fan of his.

When did this happen ???

'09 = 358

Michael Turner '08 = 376

'09 = 178 (injured)

Mr. Norwood '08 = 95

'09 = 76

You are comparing starters to a back up/3rd down back. Their carries will never be comparable.

People also fail to realize that Norwood had been working as our Kick Returner and that is an extremely rough role. Now that the staff will likely be using him only in his primary RB role, his nicks and bruises should be diminished. He has come up limp or dazed on several occasions as a result of KR.

Norwood is a playmaker. Every RB is not going to be a workhorse, and that is not his role here. His history indicates he is plenty capable of staying on the field and it is not yet time to place a label of injury prone on him. If you anyone wants to point to last season as evidence that he can't stay on the field; It would be hypocritical to argue with someone pointing to his first 3 years as evidence that he can. The OP has a valid point. What matters most IMO is that we have our explosive weapon on the roster when the playoffs arrive(like Reggie Bush for the Saints).

You've been here for years now, you cannot criticize fan faves around here...3 seasons ago means a lot to these guys.

Believe me, I know this for a fact.

I want Norwood to stay healthy, but he has two nicknames: "IF" and "WHEN".

Believe me, I know this for a fact.

I want Norwood to stay healthy, but he has two nicknames: "IF" and "WHEN".

I have to agree. Its hard for me to criticze family, but its just time for him to evaluate his career and think about the long term. He's really banged up and will not have that same explosion.