I'll be attending my 1st Falcon game. Any tips?

I've been a Falcon fan for years, but haven't been able to attend a game. That changes this year. Finances and good timing will allow me to finally go to one.Since me and my family drive up from Savannah to my uncle's house in College Park for Thanksgiving almost every year, so we decided to attend the game against the Packers that weekend. Any tips for a GA Dome rookie like me from you game vets? Do's & don'ts? I want to leave with at least 1 autograph. Whats the best way to accomplish that? Now the most important question, what to eat? I'm a GA Dome rookie, but I'm an all pro eater :P ! I love to sample the foods when I go places. places always seem to have their own unique tastes and flavors. anyway, hope to see some of you there!

Please be in your seat well before kick off .....Be loud which im sure u will be, and if u drink you might wanna get started outside before you come in, unless you dont drink or dont mind paying 7bucks a beer. also do ride marta from the College Park transtation its easier.

Edited by LOSTCHILD

Please be in your seat well before kick off .....Be loud which im sure u will be, and if u drink you might wanna get started outside before you come in, unless you dont drink or dont mind paying 7bucks a beer. also do ride marta from the College Park transtation its easier.

7 bucks! Wow,I'm glad I don't drink! Then again, I'm guessing the food won't be cheep either, and I will be eating.

Get to the game before kickoff.......and please be a 12th man!!!!

Don't worry, my girlfriend's 11 yr old daughter will be with us. she started watching games with me a year ago and I think I've created a monster! The girls nuts :blink: ! As long as she's nuts for the Falcons! Speaking of her, what kid friendly stuff is there?

When getting off 75/85, stay on northside drive. Don't accidentally turn into a little neighborhood called the bluffs, and you'll be alright. If you want some autographs, the best way is to get a pregame field pass. Smitty is always really friendly with the fans that have the field passes.

Yaa Bluffs is not a good place to be, :unsure: Besides Falcons landing, unless you go in the CNN center theres not a lot of places to eat around there, the ones that are over priced. Varsity is down the road if you want to go to a choke and puke. :P What I ususally do is either go eat before or after I leave there unless, I grab a hot dog there, you get sticker shock regardless, unless your tail gating. ;)

food & drinks are expensive, may want to eat at CNN center before/after game (or attend a tailgating). Try to be seated before kickoff. marta may be the best way to go, parking isn't all that easy w/o a pass. Have fun! :)

Don't worry, the Marta advice is the main one I'm definitely taking, and it's not so much the parking that drives me crazy at events as much as it's the trying to leave. I went to a circus we had here in Savannah recently and made the mistake of parking in a garage near the event. It took me 1hr just to get from the 3rd level to the bottom :wacko:! So I can imagine what trying to leave among 70,000+ people is like! I never drive downtown on St .Patrick's Day, I always catch a CAT(Chatham Area Transit), so I'll definitely use MARTA for the game. Some of my cousins from the area will be with us, so they'll show us how to use the MARTA system.

As for your friends daughter there is Falcons Landing which is in front of the stadium where MARTA let's out. There are plenty of activities there and music. Riding on MARTA is very simple and color coded. You don't have to hit a station then transfer on a bus.

Biggest, most important thing, do not wait until 12:30 to go inside. The bottle neck will be huge and you will be in line for everything from the restroom to the concession stand and probably miss kickoff which may explain why the stadium looks a little empty in the beginning. Don't be afraid to be loud. Sure people look at you at first but then it occurs to them it's not golf, it's football.

Finally, don't leave early just to beat the crowd. People pay good money just to leave early only to leave a great Sunday atmosphere for what to go home and watch sports center. I don't get it.

Seriously after the game and after you have time to collect your thoughts, post a review here.

I would be interested in seeing what the first time impressions are these days.

You can bet I will! The biggest game I've ever been to was a Georgia Southern football game in'88(20,000 people), and when I was in basic training in '89, a San Antonio Spurs game vs the Clippers. That's when both teams were pitiful, so about 10,000.(My best guess). So i'll be sure to let ya'll know how being among 70,000+ people felt!

as a new rule for first time guest, you must provide drinks for everybody in your row during halftime.. what section and row will you be on????

Tell you what, if you can find me, I'll buy your drinks. i'll be wearing a Turner Jersey.

Show up early...like 10am to get a vibe of the place from the outside and to enjoy Falcons Landing. They always have Cheerleader signings, face painting, and sometimes old Falcons players in attendance.

And then like everyone else said, get in your seats early and BE LOUD!!! Since you've mentioned eating so much in this thread, you do know the Falcons offer "All You Can Eat" seats....