How many 10+ game seasons will 'Pariah' Jerry have?

How many 10+ game seasons will Pariah Jerry have?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many seasons will Pariah Jerry play in 10+ games?

• None
    • 1-2
    • 3-5
    • 6+

It has long been noted that Pariah Jerry was a huge injury risk coming out of college. Looking back at his college career, Jerry was constantly plagued with injuries. In 2004, he sat out 4 games with an ankle injury. In 2005, he again sat out 4 games with an ankle injury. In 2006, he was plagued with injuries the entire season and once more sat out 4 games. In 2008, he underwent arthroscopic right knee surgery to repair a meniscus tear. In fact, Jerry is so prone to injury that he could did not compete in agility tests at the combine due to another injury.

In the NFL, so far he has sat out in off-season due to injuries and missed 14 games.

Furthermore, Pariah will be 26 at the start of the season. If we assume he'll play until he's 32, then he only has 6 more seasons to prove that he can stay on the field.

Previous poll results:

5/19/09

0 - 5 votes

1-2 - 5 votes

3-5 - 18 votes

6+ - 71 votes

10/1/09

0 - 1 votes

1-2 - 3 votes

3-5 - 5 votes

6+ - 19 votes

Edited by Mr. Right

Err, he missed 0 games his junior year in 2007 & only 2 games his senior year in 2008 after having knee surgery in the offseason. That's 22 out of 24 games his last 2 years in college. Sounds pretty durable to me. Not to mention, he came back & still lead his DL in QB pressures, tackles for loss, & had 6 sacks at the DT position having played 2 less games.

Both of his knee injuries have been the result of big freaking 300 lb offensive lineman crashing down on him & bending his knee in a direction it's not supposed to bend. Those injuries can happen to anyone. Check out HD, Brian Williams, or even Tom Brady.

He's not injury prone & he has bounced back from an identical injury & dominated. He's going to be fine. If he wasn't, our FO would hedge the issue & have done something about it by now.

Err, he missed 0 games his junior year in 2007 & only 2 games his senior year in 2008 after having knee surgery in the offseason. That's 22 out of 24 games his last 2 years in college. Sounds pretty durable to me. Not to mention, he came back & still lead his DL in QB pressures, tackles for loss, & had 6 sacks at the DT position having played 2 less games.

Both of his knee injuries have been the result of big freaking 300 lb offensive lineman crashing down on him & bending his knee in a direction it's not supposed to bend. Those injuries can happen to anyone. Check out HD, Brian Williams, or even Tom Brady.

He's not injury prone & he has bounced back from an identical injury & dominated. He's going to be fine. If he wasn't, our FO would hedge the issue & have done something about it by now.

In his junior and senior years, he may have only sat out 2 games, but he only played in 2 games in first year in the NFL. Freak injuries do happen, but when a player is consistently injured season after season, you have to question the durability and take into account the risk. Our FO is already in the process of hedging the risk by drafting a DT Corey Peters in the 3rd round and hanging on to Jamaal Anderson.

I like how you are not a fan if you are not a fanatic. So what if he is not thrilled with jerry are all those who don't like ja98 trolls too? Or what about the ones that don't think bierman and sid are the future at de how about the ones that thinks Jenkins is a bum you gonna call them trolls too gritz? Or is anyone who doesn't love the team unconditionally a troll and not a real fan to you?

I like how you are not a fan if you are not a fanatic. So what if he is not thrilled with jerry are all those who don't like ja98 trolls too? Or what about the ones that don't think bierman and sid are the future at de how about the ones that thinks Jenkins is a bum you gonna call them trolls too gritz? Or is anyone who doesn't love the team unconditionally a troll and not a real fan to you?

You clearly pay no attention to his posts then.

Edited by ConnFalcon

Wait he's injured his knee like this before? That's not good. On the plus side he's young and can come back but two surgically repaired knees don't make for a stable long career, especially at DT.

one of the dumbest polls I have seen on here. These Peria Jerry threads are getting old. He had a freak injury that could happen to any player at any time and now all these youngins on here want to classify him as injury prone and what if we don't have him, or what if he isn't what he was.

Get over it already and drop it till August. It's not even June, chill out.

It has long been noted that Pariah Jerry was a huge injury risk coming out of college. Looking back at his college career, Jerry was constantly plagued with injuries. In 2004, he sat out 4 games with an ankle injury. In 2005, he again sat out 4 games with an ankle injury. In 2006, he was plagued with injuries the entire season and once more sat out 4 games. In 2008, he underwent arthroscopic right knee surgery to repair a meniscus tear. In fact, Jerry is so prone to injury that he could did not compete in agility tests at the combine due to another injury.

In the NFL, so far he has sat out in off-season due to injuries and missed 14 games.

Furthermore, Pariah will be 26 at the start of the season. If we assume he'll play until he's 32, then he only has 6 more seasons to prove that he can stay on the field.

Previous poll results:

5/19/09

0 - 5 votes

1-2 - 5 votes

3-5 - 18 votes

6+ - 71 votes

10/1/09

0 - 1 votes

1-2 - 3 votes

3-5 - 5 votes

6+ - 19 votes

Hey could have 0 & that would still be a greater number than the number of positive posts by the OP, Mr. Wrong-all-the-time.

You have obviously not been here long enough to know this, but Mr. "right" and all his many aliases over the years have been nothing but bashing our players. He's been doing this for about 8 years now. There has not been one single positive post from this guy in that time. He's a disgruntled panthers or bucs fan.

Here's what's pathetic about Mr. Right. It's not the vain protestations that he's a genuine Falcons fan who just calls it like he sees it. It's not the consistently negative attitude. It's not even the boring, repetitious 'Trust Me' requests.

What's pathetic is that he's nowhere near as clever as he thinks.

'Pariah' Jerry

'Crisp' Houston

Jamaal 'Busterson'

This isn't clever stuff. This isn't funny stuff. This is just a childish mind at work.

Guest Gritz

Your post is almost too stupid to respond to, but I think I will go slumming for a moment and do so anyway.

I personally could care less about who "fans" like or don't like on this team. It doesn't matter at all to me....It just seems unbelievably weak and very cowardly to demean a guy who got injured in the 2nd game of his rookie season.

Blame Dimitroff for picking Jerry if you like. I have no problem with that. But to make fun of and automatically write off a guy's career who hasn't really even had a chance yet?

If it looks, sounds and most descriptively smells like the thread of a troll then it's probably the thread of a troll....

....and it's very telling that you would leap to the defense of one of the most obvious and putrid trolls ever to infect this MB.

Birds of a feather?

Your post is almost too stupid to respond to, but I think I will go slumming for a moment and do so anyway.

I personally could care less about who "fans" like or don't like on this team. It doesn't matter at all to me....It just seems unbelievably weak and very cowardly to demean a guy who got injured in the 2nd game of his rookie season.

Blame Dimitroff for picking Jerry if you like. I have no problem with that. But to make fun of and automatically write off a guy's career who hasn't really even had a chance yet?

If it looks, sounds and most descriptively smells like the thread of a troll then it's probably the thread of a troll....

....and it's very telling that you would leap to the defense of one of the most obvious and putrid trolls ever to infect this MB.

Birds of a feather?

You need not go slumming on my account gritz. I apologize since I have obviously struck a nerve with you. I don't even know the op I just don't get the childish name calling that you and others do all the time on here anytime someone posts something you percieve as negative. Everyone has right to express his or hers opinion and the shouldn't get flammed or called a troll for doing so.

For what its worth I agree that if you have a problem with jerry you should blame TD for picking him until he has a chance to prove himself on the field.

P.s. if you truly have a problem with what the op posts or anyone for that matter don't read their posts that's what the ignore feature is for.

You need not go slumming on my account gritz. I apologize since I have obviously struck a nerve with you. I don't even know the op I just don't get the childish name calling that you and others do all the time on here anytime someone posts something you percieve as negative. Everyone has right to express his or hers opinion and the shouldn't get flammed or called a troll for doing so.

For what its worth I agree that if you have a problem with jerry you should blame TD for picking him until he has a chance to prove himself on the field.

P.s. if you truly have a problem with what the op posts or anyone for that matter don't read their posts that's what the ignore feature is for.

I did forget to include that our FO missed on this pick, although I thought it was implied. Nothing against Jerry but the guys up top called the wrong shots.

It not about him just being negative, he is ignorant, and purposely tries to ruffle feathers. This thread is nothing. He can have his opinion about PJ. But people that have been here for a while know what his agenda is.

And speaking of sore spot, it seems Gritz hit one when he called the OP ignorant....just sayin.

Edited by ConnFalcon

Guest Gritz

You need not go slumming on my account gritz. I apologize since I have obviously struck a nerve with you.

I'll let you know when you "strike a nerve" with me....

Keep waiting. I'm sure it's coming.

I couldn't tell you from 1000 different other posters on here if my life depended on it. That's how memorable your presence has been.