• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints: 12-4

Panthers: 10-6

Falcons: 8-8

Bucs: 5-11

Saints lose to 49ers, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens

Panthers lose to Bengals, Saints, 49ers, Ravens, Steelers, Falcons

Falcons lose to Steelers, Saints, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Packers, Panthers, Saints

Bucs well, yeah

Bring the hate...laugh.gif

Edited by nolafan33

You must be high off Payton's supply dude!!

I think you've made a reasonable assessment of the Bucs and Panthers at their best...

But your assessment of the Birds is just plain dubious. I'm not saying the Falcons take the NFL Title with a fairytale 16 - 0 regular season mark. But you're basically saying we don't move forwards. You have the Saints losing a few but still winning. And I'm gonna take that as your own biased opinion seeing as your still high off the Superbowl win and the vicodin.

I personally believe its gonna a be a Red and Black division champions banner this with the Saints in close second. You guys are going to have to do a lot better than 11 - 5 to keep us from winning the division.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons and the Saints manage to post an equal number of wins.

You must be high off Payton's supply dude!!

I think you've made a reasonable assessment of the Bucs and Panthers at their best...

But your assessment of the Birds is just plain dubious. I'm not saying the Falcons take the NFL Title with a fairytale 16 - 0 regular season mark. But you're basically saying we don't move forwards. You have the Saints losing a few but still winning. And I'm gonna take that as your own biased opinion seeing as your still high off the Superbowl win and the vicodin.

I personally believe its gonna a be a Red and Black division champions banner this with the Saints in close second. You guys are going to have to do a lot better than 11 - 5 to keep us from winning the division.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons and the Saints manage to post an equal number of wins.

Falcons play a ton of teams that are better than them. You can take the Steelers game and change it possibly, or one of the Saints games, but besides that...there isn't much there.

I'd like you to indulge me further by listing the teams you think are better than us who will beat us?

If you're looking at current form over the last 2 years (The Smith TD era so far)

Falcons are 11 - 5 and 9 - 7 20 - 12

Saints are 8 - 8 and 13 - 3 21 - 11

I think its a bit arrogant and ignorant that you look at this and see us as a team who will fall off, and not equally so like you have done continue to progress. No, since you one a Superbowl no other team is like the Saints no one could possibly turn around and have a stellar season following a mediocre one.

The records since Payton has been with the Saints show that the teams are only separated by only 2 games. Now I could be soft and say you can't compare these two teams until the Falcons have reached 5 years under Coach Smith, but we do not need as much time as you to assert our new direction.

Falcons 39 - 41

Saints 41 - 39

You say there are teams much better than us who we will lose to. the 493rs got their ***** beat last year and came with that same talk about owning us. And this year we will do the same. I dont see either the saints or falcons losing to the bengals they are still too inconsistent to be counted as lockdowns by any degree.

Easy. The Saints, Bengals, Ravens, Packers, and maybe the Steelers are better than the Falcons. That makes up for six games on your schedule. The 9ers will probably have something to prove after the beating they took last year to the Falcons, though the Falcons coming off their bye was key. They should be improved, and with trying to prove something I believe they can beat the Falcons. The Panthers will be hit or miss, but I believe yall split.

The Falcons still aren't the team yall think they are, still have huge problems in the secondary and little to no pass rush. With Abraham getting a year older and Babineaux's possible suspension that could only become a bigger problem.

Easy. The Saints, Bengals, Ravens, Packers, and maybe the Steelers are better than the Falcons. That makes up for six games on your schedule. The 9ers will probably have something to prove after the beating they took last year to the Falcons, though the Falcons coming off their bye was key. They should be improved, and with trying to prove something I believe they can beat the Falcons. The Panthers will be hit or miss, but I believe yall split.

The Falcons still aren't the team yall think they are, still have huge problems in the secondary and little to no pass rush. With Abraham getting a year older and Babineaux's possible suspension that could only become a bigger problem.

this proves ignorance is bliss

M Ryan is 13-1 @ Home.... 13-1

the whole team is healthy, we got more athletic and faster at lb, and improved the secondary with DRob

Falcons were 4-1 when williams went down,

P Jerry will also be back...

last yr Falcons could have easily won 11 games even with all the injuries if they wouldnt have missed FGs...

to say they are a 500 team in 2010 is boderline ******** and wishfull thinking from a Saints fan who cant see the Forest for the dam trees...

the whole team is healthy, we got more athletic and faster at lb, and improved the secondary with DRob

last yr Falcons could have easily won 11 games even with all the injuries if they wouldnt have missed FGs...to say they are a 500 team in 2010 is boderline ******** and wishfull thinking from a Saints fan who cant see the Forest for the dam trees...

Coulda, shoulda, woulda my friend, but hey that's not an excuse for losing it's a reason.

Think we had problems kicking field goals in the 08 season, but I'm not crying.

I'm giving NFC South head to head games to the home teams.

Falcons 10-6 with losses to the Steelers, Eagles, and Ravens

Saints 9-7 with losses to the Steelers, Cowboys, Bengals, and Ravens

Panthers 7-9 with losses to everyone else but the Rams, Browns, Seahawks, and Cards

Bucs go 6-10 with losses to everyone else but the Rams, Lions, and Seahawks

Coulda, shoulda, woulda my friend, but hey that's not an excuse for losing it's a reason.

Think we had problems kicking field goals in the 08 season, but I'm not crying.

my point was they were good enough to win 11 games without M Ryan, M Turner P Jerry W Moore B Williams and Harvey Dahl for atleast 1/4 of the season... FGs cost us more than all those players being out, to say they are an 8 win team in 2010 with all those guys back is just stupid ...more than stupid even

last yr Falcons could have easily won 11 games even with all the injuries if they wouldnt have missed FGs...

to say they are a 500 team in 2010 is boderline ******** and wishfull thinking from a Saints fan who cant see the Forest for the dam trees...

Yeah, and he's beat:

0-1 Detroit Lions (finished 0-16)

0-3 Kansas City Chiefs (finished 2-14)

3-3 Chicago Bears (finished 9-7)

4-5 New Orleans Saints (finished 8-8)

8-3 Carolina Panthers (finished 12-4)

9-5 Tampa Bay Bucs (finished 9-7, rememberable flop)

2-14 St. Louis Rams (finished 2-14)

0-1 Miami Dolphins (finished 7-9)

0-2 Carolina Panthers (finished 8-8)

3-2 Chicago Bears (finished 7-9)

2-6 Washington Redskins (finished 4-12)

5-10 Buffalo Bills (finished 6-10)

I swear, I'm considering sending Matt Ryan a congratulatory letter for beating so many quality teams...rolleyes.gif

The whole team is healthy, congrats. Like really!

Brian Williams? The old average corner? Congrats, again! You also had played 4 average teams, 2 of which started out 0-3. Just saying. Oh, and Robinson isn't good enough for a nickname.

Peria Jerry? And? What has he proven? Last I heard he still has a pretty big time limp. Nervous yet?

Could have? The Saints could have won a bunch of games in 08 without all the injuries or missed field goals. Coulda, woulda, and....wait for it....shoulda.

The Falcons could finish 500 or slightly above because that is what they are. No pass rush, no secondary, two backs that may not be able to stay healthy, a young QB who hasn't proven anything, except that he cant handle a wider opened playbook. Need I go on? Who have yall brought in to keep missing all those field goals, BTW?

Edited by nolafan33

Yeah, and he's beat:

0-1 Detroit Lions (finished 0-16)

0-3 Kansas City Chiefs (finished 2-14)

3-3 Chicago Bears (finished 9-7)

4-5 New Orleans Saints (finished 8-8)

8-3 Carolina Panthers (finished 12-4)

9-5 Tampa Bay Bucs (finished 9-7, rememberable flop)

2-14 St. Louis Rams (finished 2-14)

0-1 Miami Dolphins (finished 7-9)

0-2 Carolina Panthers (finished 8-8)

3-2 Chicago Bears (finished 7-9)

2-6 Washington Redskins (finished 4-12)

5-10 Buffalo Bills (finished 6-10)

I swear, I'm considering sending Matt Ryan a congratulatory letter for beating so many quality teams...rolleyes.gif

The whole team is healthy, congrats. Like really!

Brian Williams? The old average corner? Congrats, again! You also had played 4 average teams, 2 of which started out 0-3. Just saying. Oh, and Robinson isn't good enough for a nickname.

Peria Jerry? And? What has he proven? Last I heard he still has a pretty big time limp. Nervous yet?

Could have? The Saints could have won a bunch of games in 08 without all the injuries or missed field goals. Coulda, woulda, and....wait for it....shoulda.

The Falcons could finish 500 or slightly above because that is what they are. No pass rush, no secondary, two backs that may not be able to stay healthy, a young QB who hasn't proven anything, except that he cant handle a wider opened playbook. Need I go on? Who have yall brought in to keep missing all those field goals, BTW?

M Bryant did well after we cut Elam...

and no you dont have to go on.... like i said once before i am done arguing with idiots, we will let the play on the field do the talking ........

M Bryant did well after we cut Elam...

and no you dont have to go on.... like i said once before i am done arguing with idiots, we will let the play on the field do the talking ........

With results just like last seasons more than likely...laugh.gif

The Falcons don't lack talent and will be competitive. But they lack cohesiveness... there's really something to be said for how well the Saints players work together and compliment each other. This has been mentioned many times by various Saints players in the offseason, Meachem, Henderson, Shockey, Vilma, Brees, Sharper and others at different times in different interviews.

They have a very dynamic offense on paper. But what really makes offenses championship caliber is the OL. Ryan could be a championship-caliber QB, but they still don't have the OL that the Saints have (I don't think there's a team in the NFL that does right now).

I don't like Mike Smith from a leadership standpoint. He's old school and all that is appealing... and I feel like he knows X's and O's. But he reminds me a lot of Haslett. His message is new and refreshing at first but quickly becomes repetitive. He doesn't seem to have a special coaching relationship (i.e. Payton/Brees; Dungy/Manning; Walsh/Montana) with his QB or any other player on that team, for that matter. And what cannot be underestimated--and if you read about what the Saints personnel have to say, this was a huge difference this season--is Sean Payton's ability to reach the team and tailor the message week-in/week-out. You have to reach your guys, you have to motivate them. Smith is a good X's and O's guy, but I don't see that from him.

The defense looks like it should be formidable, particularly at LB. I really like their LBs. But I don't think that they have the depth in the secondary to stop the Saints.

I do think the Falcons will give us trouble, and I could even see us splitting the series with them. But the Saints (thanks in large part to the CBA holdup) are in tact and should be even better than they were last season. Falcons may be a playoff team, but they won't win the South.

Word ... Compliments of TCUDan

Argue away....

Edited by SaintRay

i just saw you picked panthers to finish above falcons....

i think that says it all about your Football knowledge .......

Explain yourself please and debate why the Falcons are superior to the Panthers?

Edited by SaintRay

Explain yourself please and debate why the Falcons are superior to the Panthers?

thats easy i will just copy and paste what i just posted lol.... to the panthers first

the panthers are gonna be horrid man, their D who over the last 3 yrs has dropped into the he77 of NFL Basements lost its best player, i dont think ppl realize how big a loss mr peppers is gonna be. they will struggle on Offense , not as bad as they will on D tho, they do have a good running game with DWill and Stew , but they can not strech the field, their biggest super star on O is S Smith , while still good, hes only the 3rd best wr in NFC South behind White and Coleston , anytime you see guys pushing a 3rd pick as the savior at qb you may be in trouble .... there is no question this has been a big problem for the Panthers for the last few yrs, they atleast finaly cut dellhome , but its gonna take a couple of yrs to get the qb situation str8 even if sweet Jimmy is the answer ...bottom line is Panthers cant stop the Run and cant strech the field often enough to keep ppl from stacking the box, that useally ends up in about a 5 win season if your lucky, trust me i know i have seen enough 5 win ball clubs to know being a Falcon Fan lol

now to Falcons, heres what i just posted and i think it sums it up best to why i believe Falcons are Oceans Better that Panthers....

to say Falcons are a 500 ball club right now is almost insane to me,

yes i am a homer, but Falcons really had a good tem last yr , i am not gonna make excuses

but look at your own saints in 08 8-8 could have been what 11-5 atleast 10-6 if you had made your FGs

and you didnt have to play atleast 1/4 in some cases all those games of those games without your starting QB RB RG RC DT

Imagine tring to win 8 games in 08 just without Brees ????

you think you could ?????

we won 9 games and didnt have our QB or RB who the yr before was mentioned as NFL MVP, Nola would have you believe Turner was a 1 yr wonder, yet when he went down he was 2nd in the NFC in Rushing Yds and 1st in Rushing TDs

Turner is the real deal and it looks like he has a chip on his shoulder because of last yr.

now think about just that in itself

2008 were 8-8 and had the same misfourtune with FGs but didnt have no where near the injuries falcons did in 09

again we won 9 games

Nola would also have you believe we beat no1 when ryan came back, that too is not true

we went to the Jets @ NY, a team they went to the afc championship game , and won

how did we win ?

Defense

and a 75% Matt Ryan his 1st game back ,who threw a TD in the last Mins to win the Game

the last 1/4 of the season our D started to gel, we went from 24th overall vs the run to top 10 in the last 5 games :o

now with all these facts and by your own exp in 08

with what we have added and what is coming back including our entire coaching staff....

do you really, honestly believe Falcons can not make a run at Saints in 2010 ????

come on man

Falcons are good for 11 wins in 2010 if they stay healthy....

I know , you know it and most important They Know It

thats easy i will just copy and paste what i just posted lol.... to the panthers first

the panthers are gonna be horrid man, their D who over the last 3 yrs has dropped into the he77 of NFL Basements lost its best player, i dont think ppl realize how big a loss mr peppers is gonna be. they will struggle on Offense , not as bad as they will on D tho, they do have a good running game with DWill and Stew , but they can not strech the field, their biggest super star on O is S Smith , while still good, hes only the 3rd best wr in NFC South behind White and Coleston , anytime you see guys pushing a 3rd pick as the savior at qb you may be in trouble .... there is no question this has been a big problem for the Panthers for the last few yrs, they atleast finaly cut dellhome , but its gonna take a couple of yrs to get the qb situation str8 even if sweet Jimmy is the answer ...bottom line is Panthers cant stop the Run and cant strech the field often enough to keep ppl from stacking the box, that useally ends up in about a 5 win season if your lucky, trust me i know i have seen enough 5 win ball clubs to know being a Falcon Fan lol

now to Falcons, heres what i just posted and i think it sums it up best to why i believe Falcons are Oceans Better that Panthers....

to say Falcons are a 500 ball club right now is almost insane to me,

yes i am a homer, but Falcons really had a good tem last yr , i am not gonna make excuses

but look at your own saints in 08 8-8 could have been what 11-5 atleast 10-6 if you had made your FGs

and you didnt have to play atleast 1/4 in some cases all those games of those games without your starting QB RB RG RC DT

Imagine tring to win 8 games in 08 just without Brees ????

you think you could ?????

we won 9 games and didnt have our QB or RB who the yr before was mentioned as NFL MVP, Nola would have you believe Turner was a 1 yr wonder, yet when he went down he was 2nd in the NFC in Rushing Yds and 1st in Rushing TDs

Turner is the real deal and it looks like he has a chip on his shoulder because of last yr.

now think about just that in itself

2008 were 8-8 and had the same misfourtune with FGs but didnt have no where near the injuries falcons did in 09

again we won 9 games

Nola would also have you believe we beat no1 when ryan came back, that too is not true

we went to the Jets @ NY, a team they went to the afc championship game , and won

how did we win ?

Defense

and a 75% Matt Ryan his 1st game back ,who threw a TD in the last Mins to win the Game

the last 1/4 of the season our D started to gel, we went from 24th overall vs the run to top 10 in the last 5 games :o

now with all these facts and by your own exp in 08

with what we have added and what is coming back including our entire coaching staff....

do you really, honestly believe Falcons can not make a run at Saints in 2010 ????

come on man

Falcons are good for 11 wins in 2010 if they stay healthy....

I know , you know it and most important They Know It

You went 1-3 without your QB and RB correct?

Not knocking you but those were tough teams you played and with your QB and RB still would have been 1-3 more then likely. If you bring up us may I remind you we had 7 starting defensive players out that game also.

Edited by bush4life

You went 1-3 without your QB and RB correct?

yea i believe so, did Redman win 1 for us ???, no he didnt, not that he started , he beat bucs but didnt start, thats the game Ryan was hurt in...

our big problem came when williams went down tho , we were 4-1 when that happened then played a 7 game streach where we played 4 good teams coming off a bye, then when we finaly do settle a bit Turner goes down, that was the end of our playoff run right then, turner was gone for the yr with what 7 games left, that was the final dager, then we lose ryan and dahl in the same game, not counting we lost or 1st rd pick in week 2... throw in the missed field goals and yea, our luck was bad in 09 not our team man....

its not like we rolled over

we won 9 games man

thats huge , considering take away the injuries even..FGs cost us for sure 2 ball games NY GIANTS and CAR , thats 11 wins if Bryant is in the game and not Elam, i am talking like 35 yds man, not blocked just shanked