NFL 2010 FORECAST

I love the fact that we're rated in the top 10.

But...do you wonder if the guy who made this list forgot who won the superbowl last year?

Colts lost but they are ranked #1.

When we win the superbowl i will be pizzed off with the disrespect of not being ranked #1

going into the next season.

It basically means you 'got lucky'.

Of course, since it's the Aints...might as well rank them #11.

See there Aints fans...respect for your Lombardi lasted a whole three months. Grats.

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

Just because the Saints won doesn't make them the better team, not only that they had a lot of player turnover as well. That team no longer exists. They got lucky on the day it mattered most, play that game 100 times and the Colts would win 75 of them. Everything lined up for the Saints on Superbowl Sunday, just like it did for the Falcons against the Vikings in 1998.

Just like it did for the saints against the vikings to even get to the superbowl. What a travesty that was.

I love the fact that we're rated in the top 10.

But...do you wonder if the guy who made this list forgot who won the superbowl last year?

Colts lost but they are ranked #1.

When we win the superbowl i will be pizzed off with the disrespect of not being ranked #1

going into the next season.

It basically means you 'got lucky'.

Of course, since it's the Aints...might as well rank them #11.

See there Aints fans...respect for your Lombardi lasted a whole three months. Grats.

Let it go man. Saints won the big game. The only way for you to feel better now is for the Falcons to do it.

Watch the games, cheer your team on, and watch the creme rise top the top like we do every year. You never know when

it will be your year.

Just because the Saints won doesn't make them the better team, not only that they had a lot of player turnover as well. That team no longer exists.

Do you actually research things before you write your opinions?

The Saints lost 1 starting player, LB Scott Fujita who they likely would have keep in an ideal senerio. The Browns paid dearly for him.

Mike Bell, backup RB was tendered, but the Saints chose not to match a 1.75M deal. No big loss there.

DE Charles Grant was cut. He was replaced by DE Alex Brown whom most every pundit declared an upgrade over Grant, especially in the run game.

That's it.

Edited by SaintRay

Do you actually research things before you write your opinions?

The Saints lost 1 starting player, LB Scott Fujita who they likely would have keep in an ideal senerio. The Browns paid dearly for him.

Mike Bell, backup RB was tendered, but the Saints chose not to match a 1.75M deal. No big loss there.

DE Charles Grant was cut. He was replaced by DE Alex Brown whom most every pundit declared an upgrade over Grant, especially in the run game.

That's it.

Saints had a LOT of luck in their season last year. Ask anyone not biased. I work with plenty of Saints fan and even they admit it. Things really fell into place for them. Now they earned the Super Bowl, at least they deserved to win the game. But they should have never made it that far. Took a meltdown of turnovers in the NFCCG and they really should have gotton blown out of that game. They should have lost at least 4 more games that they got bailed out on. They would have never had the #1 seed, without some um, "good fortune". They still won, and I am not saying its tainted or anything, but I dont see them as more than a one hit wonder.

As Dan Aykroyd instructed Chris Farley in Tommy Boy, “Savor the flavor, because it sure as h3ll won't happen again.”

Edited by ~SEAMILL~

The smell of bitterness and envy in this thread is very strong. I understand guys, on February 7, 2010 your worst nightmares became a reality. Don't worry, maybe the Falcons will "get lucky" and win a Super Bowl some day. :lol:

Edited by Saints123000

The smell of bitterness and envy in this thread is very strong. I understand guys, on February 7, 2010 your worst nightmares became a reality. Don't worry, maybe the Falcons will "get lucky" and win a Super Bowl some day. :lol:

True enough. It was a nightmare. But at least you are man enough to suggest that the element of luck might be part of the equation. You guys had it -- nice schedule, few injuries, timely opponent meltdowns -- and the Falcons certainly did not.

However I would not say it was mostly luck either. The ball hawking defense and aggressive play calling was certainly admirable. Of course some might suggest that a coach who thinks their team can win straight up doesn't take so many risks, but not me. My take is that the Saints coaching staff simply decided that rules were for suckers and once they took that leap, then risky play calling was a no brainer.

I mean don't look now, but it certainly seems possible that the Saints could end up being the first team to have their title stripped from them. Even if that far-fetched scenario doesn't play out, the "Taints" could have a very distracted season ahead. It should be quite interesting.

Saints had a LOT of luck in their season last year. Ask anyone not biased. I work with plenty of Saints fan and even they admit it. Things really fell into place for them. Now they earned the Super Bowl, at least they deserved to win the game. But they should have never made it that far. Took a meltdown of turnovers in the NFCCG and they really should have gotton blown out of that game. They should have lost at least 4 more games that they got bailed out on. They would have never had the #1 seed, without some um, "good fortune". They still won, and I am not saying its tainted or anything, but I dont see them as more than a one hit wonder.

As Dan Aykroyd instructed Chris Farley in Tommy Boy, “Savor the flavor, because it sure as h3ll won't happen again.”

Why exactly does this response have to do with the fact that the Saints have experienced nearly no turnover of it's roster?

And since you brought it up, not me, let me say that if the Falcons win the Super Bowl, I am quite certain some luck will play out on their side as well. You'd rather be lucky than lose, don't you think?