Hawks are given permission to interview Casey

Hatch

"Casey’s record as an NBA head coach is 53-69"

This is why the Hawks will never win an NBA Championship. They refuse to go after a top coach.

Its already been said that the hawks are not going to pay big money for a head coach.

just great...go head and leave byron scott and avery johnson out there and get somebody nobody has ever heard of and has a loosing track record. :huh:

From what I've been reading Sund tends to go with people that he is familiar with. That must be so because I've never heard of this guy.

"...Casey interviewed for the Hawks’ coaching job in 2004, when then-GM Billy Knight chose Woodson instead."

Well, well, well...this is news. If he got turned down by Billy Knight, then I'll give him a shot. Knight, after all, was an idiot as a GM.

Whats wrong with Avery Johnson ?

He actually wants to get paid...

Dude has a cushy job where he shows up in Times Square twice a week and critiques other coaches and players for ESPN.. You have to financially make it worth his while to go back to the 82 game grind..

He actually wants to get paid...

Dude has a cushy job where he shows up in Times Square twice a week and critiques other coaches and players for ESPN.. You have to financially make it worth his while to go back to the 82 game grind..

got this from twitter @STEIN_LINE_HQ Avery Johnson gets first interview for Hawks' vacancy tonight, NBA coaching sources say. Dwane Casey also to interview with Hawks this week

Of course, but its good to see that Sund is giving him consideration.

Absolutely. I doubt we'll pony up for him, but I can always hope.

I'd kind of like to see Jeff Van Gundy in here. Not for his coaching skill, but just to watch him match up against baby brother a few times a year.