Ole Miss to play home and home with Boise State

Unknøwn

BOISE, Idaho -- Boise State is headed to Mississippi to open the 2011 season.

The Broncos will play at Ole Miss from the Southeastern Conference in the Sept. 3 season opener, the first meeting between the two teams.

The Broncos have also scheduled four other nonconference games for 2011, including three home games against Wyoming, Tulsa and Utah. The other nonconference game is at Toledo.

At this point, the Mississippi game is the jewel of the schedule. The Rebels, coached by Houston Nutt, finished 9-4 last season and beat Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl. Nutt was on the Boise State coaching staff in 1997.

The Rebels have not agreed to a return trip to Boise. Ole Miss will pay the Broncos $900,000 for the game.

The conference portion of the 2011 schedule will be released next year.

I am sure we will hear how great Boise is like we did with them in 2005 and then we killed them. I think their qb cried on the sideline because he never got his like he did in Athens. Should be a fun game and Ole Miss better represent.

Im sure Ole Miss wants their home game on Sept 7 and Boise St. wants theirs on Nov. 28.

Nice game for both teams. Looks like Boise St. wants some southern exposure.

Boise State in 2010(well 11) is alot better than Boise State in 2005.

I'm also pretty sure UGA>Ole Miss

they may or may not be, but that 2005 team was coming off an 11-1 and all we heard all freaking offseason was how they were going to come into athens and upset us and we kick their tails.. the hype machine for them was out of control

I applaud the Reb's for signing that contract. It's the only way college football can approach creating a balanced field for all Div.1 teams. I know that many years ago we played Boise a couple of times but it was always at our place. That was just before Boise started making real noise on a national level.

I applaud the Reb's for signing that contract. It's the only way college football can approach creating a balanced field for all Div.1 teams. I know that many years ago we played Boise a couple of times but it was always at our place. That was just before Boise started making real noise on a national level.

Yeah cant remember which year it was, but I actually sat in the Boise section at our game. Pretty good fans even back then. Glad that our money helped build their program. ;)

Yeah cant remember which year it was, but I actually sat in the Boise section at our game. Pretty good fans even back then. Glad that our money helped build their program. ;)

I believe that was the season opener in 2001.