Do you think LeBron would ever come to the A-T-L?

Hypothetical here...

We've had exactly one star as a franchise in our miserable history in The Human Highlight Film. So, that begs the question, do you think LeBron would ever come to Atlanta? If the money was even between us and the other suitors, would he sign here? We're not a juggernaut in the NBA, and haven't ever really been one. So it begs the question, with all other things being equal, do you think LeBron would even want to come to Atlanta? Would he want to come to a team with a solid nucleus? It's been rumored he'd want to pick his coach, which we're without at the moment last I saw. What would you give up to land him as well? I know Joe is a free agent. But would you not sign him to land the largest free agent in a decade no matter what it took? Would interest in Atlanta basketball suddenly increase as a result? Just throwing it out there for people to mill over. I'm not even that big of a hoops fan to begin with.

I'm about sick of the Lebron talk, but I've wondered about him coming here also. You do have a strong nucleus, a new coach coming in, and a team to make your own. When people think of the Bulls they think Jordan, when they think of the Celtics they think of Byrd, and so forth. Why not create the thought that when people think of the Hawks they think of you from here on?

I'm about sick of the Lebron talk, but I've wondered about him coming here also. You do have a strong nucleus, a new coach coming in, and a team to make your own. When people think of the Bulls they think Jordan, when they think of the Celtics they think of Byrd, and so forth. Why not create the thought that when people think of the Hawks they think of you from here on?

I know he's not Jordan or Bird, but when I think of the Hawks, this comes to my mind:

dominique_wilkins_010188.jpg

NJ seems like the perfect place, but if we could trade away bibby, marvin, and smith, while keeping joe for cheap then sure.

smith is 11mil, marvin is 7mil, bibby is 6 mil. get those contracts off our salary, and we could get lebron.

crawford/lebron/horford is a good core to start, plus if we sign joe, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

Johnson's going to make a lot of cheddar. Not because he's very good, but because there's more money than elite players this year and they're going to have to sign somebody to make it look like they're doing something.

I can see him signing with the Knicks if LeBron doesn't.

Honestly the only way i see this happening is in a sign and trade, which is possible( sign and trade part). I doubt cleveland wants to lose lebron for nothing. We could give them Smith, Marvin/Chillz, and draft pick for Lebron.

a core of joe, Lebron, and horford would be killer.

Why would anyone want to come here?

This is not a "destination city" for NBA players. It's a city that NBA players want to play in for a night, get cheered by Hawks fans, go out into the Atlanta nightlife, and then head on to the next city.

You are wrong sir. Alot of NBA players live here. ATL is a hot spot for young rich black athletes. A lot of pro players live in ATL

You are wrong sir. Alot of NBA players live here. ATL is a hot spot for young rich black athletes. A lot of pro players live in ATL

I realize that. Everyone wants to live here in the offseason, but nobody wants to play here.

Not sure why that is seeing as how people have wanted to play for the Braves and Falcons in the past, it's just the Hawks I'm talking about.

I realize that. Everyone wants to live here in the offseason, but nobody wants to play here.

Not sure why that is seeing as how people have wanted to play for the Braves and Falcons in the past, it's just the Hawks I'm talking about.

Oh ok I see what you mean. The Hawks ownership sucks right now and I'm sure that doesn't help matters.

Why would anyone want to come here?

This is not a "destination city" for NBA players. It's a city that NBA players want to play in for a night, get cheered by Hawks fans, go out into the Atlanta nightlife, and then head on to the next city.

i think it has more to do with ****** coaches and owners. We do have the most retired sports players, so its not the city of atlanta. Players like this city.

Do you think LeBron would ever come to the A-T-L?

Sure he would. Especially if Six Flags ever decides to get rid of their really old white guy dancing around and replace him with a really old looking black guy dancing around.