FOX Sports giving Roddy some props

JOEinPHX

Just came across a very complimentary article on the FOX Sports site. It singled out Roddy for a 100-catch season based on his own skills, the strength of the Falcons running game, and the strength of the receiver corps in general. In fact, it hinted pretty strongly at the juggernaut potential of the Falcons offense. Good read at:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Falcons-wide-receiver-Roddy-White-poised-for-100-catches-051510

I'll tell you one thing roddy is the only player for the falcons other than gonzo who people around these parts in ohio give credit too... He's pretty feared this year when the bengals play him..

I was at church leauge softball practice with all the guys i hang with and we talk football all practice and when pacman was signed i got the update on my phone and im like pshhh the bungals signed pacman and it still wont help them against the falcons (they are all bungal fans) They all actually agreed and that they wanted nothign to do with white.

I'll tell you one thing roddy is the only player for the falcons other than gonzo who people around these parts in ohio give credit too... He's pretty feared this year when the bengals play him..

I was at church leauge softball practice with all the guys i hang with and we talk football all practice and when pacman was signed i got the update on my phone and im like pshhh the bungals signed pacman and it still wont help them against the falcons (they are all bungal fans) They all actually agreed and that they wanted nothign to do with white.

Interesting - I grew up in Columbus and was a Bengals fan for years before I wised up. Part of it was the apparent team schizophrenia. Marvin Lewis is a stand-up guy whom I respect as a coach, but Mike Brown has to fall somewhere real close to the bottom of the owner group standings. It culminates in stuff like the Pacman signing, which I can't fathom on any level and which must be driving Lewis nuts.

As for the Bengals/Falcons match-up this season, I think Cincy fans will know a whole lot more names when that one's over.

What I love about this team is that we have so many weapons, so many different players capable of hitting home runs. If we stay healthy, I think we could have the top offense in the league.

I agree and I would love nothing more than to have an emerging star have a big season, and I really hope its on the D-line i.e. someone with 12+ sacks (The Beerman Or Sid ) would be great.

Im sure Sharod will have a great season.

He has to stop dropping some of the easy ones, but even with that said, I doubt a 100-catch season. Not that he's not capable of it, but we have Gonzo, hopefully a healthy Norwood, and some new weapons, along with old ones, for Ryan to spread the rock to. don't get me wrong, Roddy is still above and beyond the only guy on the outside I'd trust the game-winner throw to(even after the Chi and Denver game from 2008) but the only person I've seen Ryan really key in on was Gonzo, and I base that more off of most young QBs using TEs as a security blanket. Who knows though, some games Roddy looks miles ahead of every other pass-catcher on our roster, other days he blends into pack.

Interesting - I grew up in Columbus and was a Bengals fan for years before I wised up. Part of it was the apparent team schizophrenia. Marvin Lewis is a stand-up guy whom I respect as a coach, but Mike Brown has to fall somewhere real close to the bottom of the owner group standings. It culminates in stuff like the Pacman signing, which I can't fathom on any level and which must be driving Lewis nuts.

As for the Bengals/Falcons match-up this season, I think Cincy fans will know a whole lot more names when that one's over.

Cincy has a buy week before they play the Falcons,but at least we play them in our dome. Should be an interesting game.

Cincy has a buy week before they play the Falcons,but at least we play them in our dome. Should be an interesting game.

They're all interesting but I will definitely have a special interest in this one. Cincy's D is first rate and after the Jets they might have the best corner tandem in the league. This is a day when Matt, Roddy, and company will want to shine. I respect what Zimmer has done there as the DC and was disappointed when he didn't survive the Petrino debacle. I really would have liked to see him stay as the Falcons DC.

The big question for Cincy is can they resurrect their offense. I expect it to be good but no match for the Falcons D.