Braves vs Mets

Unknøwn

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like these two pitching matchups at all. I love Medlen, but he is pitching against Santana. And Lowe is bleh. We will see. Would love to put up 6+ runs in both games...we may need it.

Medlen should pitch well against the Mets' lineup, hopefully Santana doesn't bring his A-game. As for Lowe, he pitched really well against the Brewers(but interpret that how you wish). Hopefully his last start was a good sign of things to come.

After his fast start of hitting .400+ and leading the NL in OBP, Francoeur is now back to old form batting .214 and an OBP of .277 with 27 Ks. Meanwhile, McLouth has 31 Ks and an OBP of .313.... so just remember, it could always be worse :)

But to stay on topic, the Pelfrey game worries me more than the Santana. He's just not that intimidating of a pitcher anymore. And when his changeup isn't going right or missing, his night is pretty much done. A split is a must, but a mini sweep would be awesome

Edited by Chili Dog

Hopefully the Derek Lowe from the last start shows up again. Can he actually put up back-to-back quality starts?

Again, not nearly that concerned about the "emergency starter" on Tuesday.

I really hope that Medlen does so well over his stretch as a starter that they can't move him back to the bullpen in good conscience, nothing against KK or Lowe, I hope they do well too, but it would be nice to have our 1 , 2, and 3 clearly locked in for the next 10 years. (including JJ and Hanson as the other two) Throw in Venters and Teheran and we are set.

Edited by Cole_W

Im not sure if Venters will be a SP in the future we have plenty of good young arms in the minors for that rotation spot

Yeah, we definitely have a number of good pitchers in the minors, but I do think Venters will eventually be a starter, it might just not be for us.

After looking it up we did go 2-1 against Santana last season but that was because our pitching was dominant during those 3 games because Johan had an ERA of 1.33 in those starts however he has never won at Turner Field despite a 1.71 ERA in 4 starts

Medlen should pitch well against the Mets' lineup, hopefully Santana doesn't bring his A-game. As for Lowe, he pitched really well against the Brewers(but interpret that how you wish). Hopefully his last start was a good sign of things to come.

Lowe had a good showing against Milwaukee who, going into the series, was the highest scoring team in baseball.

I'll take that outing.

I think too many people are focused on the pitching match-ups. I know we got spoiled this weekend with the crazy run production, but face it. Lowe and Medlen could toss 1 hitters with that one hit being a HR and they could lose the game. Let's hope our bats stay alive, and both Medlen and Lowe continue their good pitching as of late.