Medicare/Medicaid benefit cuts

I didn't want to believe it. I defended Obama and his health bill. But after seeing what this bill has done to the benefits over the last month to the elderly in my family, I must say I am disgusted.

Medicare has been paying for my grandmothers bottled oxygen for the last 5 years. Last week we got a bill for $800, and a letter informing us that Medicare will no longer pay for bottled oxygen unless the blood oxygen saturation level is below 65% (she was at 71% sat level at her lat medical visit) due to recent cuts. Unless we come up with the $800 a month, my grandmother will probably die a slow and painful death.

I didn't want to believe it. I defended Obama and his health bill. But after seeing what this bill has done to the benefits over the last month to the elderly in my family, I must say I am disgusted.

Medicare has been paying for my grandmothers bottled oxygen for the last 5 years. Last week we got a bill for $800, and a letter informing us that Medicare will no longer pay for bottled oxygen unless the blood oxygen saturation level is below 65% (she was at 71% sat level at her lat medical visit) due to recent cuts. Unless we come up with the $800 a month, my grandmother will probably die a slow and painful death.

Everyone except the poor is hating that they voted for Osama

I think that is a terrible situation, but I don't think it has anything to do with the health care reform bill. It's probably just that they had to make cuts just because the terrible economy has resulted in much lower revenue than they had anticipated.

I think that is a terrible situation, but I don't think it has anything to do with the health care reform bill. It's probably just that they had to make cuts just because the terrible economy has resulted in much lower revenue than they had anticipated.

The reform bill cut Medicare by $500 billion over the next 10 years from what the letter said that came with the bill.

Edited by Lord Dark Helmet

The reform bill cut Medicare by $500 billion over the next 10 years from what the letter said that came with the bill.

The changes that are taking place aren't suppose to start until 2011, but I suppose they are taking measures to prepare for them. It's unfortunate that it is affecting your grandmother that way. This was eventually going to happen though, regardless of the health care reform. The system cand not be sustained.

People are going to have similiar frustratations with Social Security in the near future. I suspect that I will never collect on mine.

I hate to say this but it looks like the death panels are kicking in

I want to know who decided to save money by lowering required oxygen levels from 75% to 65%. I wouldn't call it a "death panel" but it's pretty close. I am sure the health care bill itself doesn't set mandates, but someone in charge came up with certain programs to cut or reduce.

http://washington-hunters.com/index.php

Edited by Lord Dark Helmet