Predictions: Kicker

51 members have voted

1. 1. Our starting K will be...

• Matt Bryant
    • Garrett Lindholm
    • Steve Hauschka
    • Other (give a name)

Guest Gritz

I voted Bryant. He didn't really do anything to make me think that he couldn't be solid for us for at least a couple of years.

Of course I'm probably jaded after continually watching the unending car wreck that was Jason Elam's last few months in a Falcon uni......

I voted Bryant. He didn't really do anything to make me think that he couldn't be solid for us for at least a couple of years.

Of course I'm probably jaded after continually watching the unending car wreck that was Jason Elam's last few months in a Falcon uni......

I hear ya. Part of me feels like we need to start fresh with a guy like Lindholm, much like we did with Koenen.

Cheers,

GO

Matt Bryant has experience which is huge for a kicker but he's also 34. I think Bryant will start but Lindholm could possibly win the position in preseason.

My fear is if Lindholm is on the practice squad he'll be quickly taken.

I voted Bryant.

I did too. I have no real feel for Garret Lindholm other than tube videos and while Bryant may be old, he supplied stability at a position that up to that point was responsible for games lost instead of won. Its hindsigt but imo Elam missed some kicks that could have turned the outcome on more than one occasion. Will have a better feel by TC and preseason.

Offtopic: Regarding the kicker position, I will always miss Morten Andersen.

Matt Bryant has experience which is huge for a kicker but he's also 34. I think Bryant will start but Lindholm could possibly win the position in preseason.

My fear is if Lindholm is on the practice squad he'll be quickly taken.

I voted Bryant.

It is mine as well. We'll just have to see what happens in training camp. I'm excited for that.

we have a gem of a kicker in kroy bierman

:D Beer-man is a textbook Jack-of-all-Trades.

I did too. I have no real feel for Garret Lindholm other than tube videos and while Bryant may be old, he supplied stability at a position that up to that point was responsible for games lost instead of won. Its hindsigt but imo Elam missed some kicks that could have turned the outcome on more than one occasion. Will have a better feel by TC and preseason.

Offtopic: Regarding the kicker position, I will always miss Morten Andersen.

No, not off-topic at all. Morten is a legend. ;)

Cheers,

GO

P.S. No love for Stevie Hauschka?

Too many people (not exactly in this thread mind you) are writing off Bryant. He was consistent for us, and is several years younger than Elam. And considering that Bryant was solid and several years younger, he has the edge over any other guy we bring in...especially being the vet. With a young kicker with no NFL experience, you just don't know how he will turn out. Lindholm has all the tools and has the leg, but how will he respond when the pressure hits, or when he shanks one, or when the game-winning FG rests on his leg? We just don't know. Do I want him Lindholm to take over eventually? You bet. But will he anytime soon? Probably not.

Too many people (not exactly in this thread mind you) are writing off Bryant. He was consistent for us, and is several years younger than Elam. And considering that Bryant was solid and several years younger, he has the edge over any other guy we bring in...especially being the vet. With a young kicker with no NFL experience, you just don't know how he will turn out. Lindholm has all the tools and has the leg, but how will he respond when the pressure hits, or when he shanks one, or when the game-winning FG rests on his leg? We just don't know. Do I want him Lindholm to take over eventually? You bet. But will he anytime soon? Probably not.

I wouldn't be too quick to write-off Lindholm either. I understand your point that as of right now, he doesn't have the experience. That is obvious. However, there have been Kickers who have preformed just fine with little or no experience. That's how they get the opportunity to get experience in the first place. Which is why I made the point previously about how we have yet to know what his nerves are like. I'm sure that if our FO does select him, it is because they know he does. I trust their judgment regardless.

It reminds me of getting your first job. Noone wants to hire you because you have no experience, but you can't have any because noone is hiring you. Vicious circle sort of deal.

Cheers,

GO

I voted Linholm.. The kid has a swagger, there is no doubt he has self belief, it is just a case of getting it done on the biggest stages.

You will never know that until you get there.

If his nickname was ice he would be a lock due to his potential.

Lucky we have ice as a qb!