This girl can PLAY!

Guest Regular Guy

Guest Regular Guy

Nancy Wilson could play. Ann Wilson could sing before she discovered Twinkies

She can STILL sing. I saw a youtube vid of Carrie Underwood singing "Alone" and Ann comes out and joins her and basically embarassed Carrie. I mean it's night and day. Carrie is a hottie but Ann has a FAR superior voice.

Guest Regular Guy

did she say she messed in her dress? :(

:lol: I am pretty sure she said that she's a mess in a dress but hey, whatever turns you on! If you are a Cleveland Steamer kinda guy then who am I to judge :P

She can STILL sing. I saw a youtube vid of Carrie Underwood singing "Alone" and Ann comes out and joins her and basically embarassed Carrie. I mean it's night and day. Carrie is a hottie but Ann has a FAR superior voice.

Well to be fair there are VERY VERY few women who can match Ann Wilson.

IMO she is the great female rock singer ever.

Its not really fair to compare someone like Underwood who has a good voice to someone who is head and shoulders above pretty much everyone else.

Because I had never heard of her, and they seemed to zoom in on her hands for the solos, I was kind of skeptical that she was really the soloist. But then I found this, and count me impressed.

Man, id like to see her strum her fingers on my......

Guest Regular Guy

isn't this the girl that was going to tour with Michael Jackson?

Yes, I think she's the very one. She's got an unusual talent for sure. Typically men are better suited to play guitar due to larger and stronget hands. She not only is a guitar player, she's actually a really good guitar player.

I'm sure NZ doesn't care, but the fact that she's an Aussie doesn't hurt either! Gotta love that accent on a cute blonde!

Meh.

Call me skeptical. The leads were good and obviously her playing. Anyone can "diddly-diddly-diddly"... But during the main parts of the song, that didn't look like it matched up w/what I was hearing.

I like this Korean chick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN21lcvIsvM

I was skeptical too, until I read she was opening for Steve Vai when she was 15. That was 9 years ago.

Meh.

Call me skeptical. The leads were good and obviously her playing. Anyone can "diddly-diddly-diddly"... But during the main parts of the song, that didn't look like it matched up w/what I was hearing.

By the way, if you look for a few more clips, I don't think you'll stay skeptical long.

Because I had never heard of her, and they seemed to zoom in on her hands for the solos, I was kind of skeptical that she was really the soloist. But then I found this, and count me impressed.

Love the playing and love the song. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like she is nervous or not really "cutting loose". Not "animated" enough I guess. Of course, maybe that has more to do with her being next to Steve Vai, who is always so theatrical. Not that big of a deal though, it doesn't stop me from enjoying it.