With Peria still hurt, we need another option...

Pi Kapp

Our defense in general sucks and it mostly starts on the front line. With Peria, we're great and our depth is acceptable, but without, it's putrid. Solution: John Henderson.

2 time Pro-Bowler that's been with Smith before in Jacksonville, and JAX reunions have definately proven worth it (see Peterson). Henderson would compete with Peria for the starting role and take it if he's still too hurt. Otherwise, Jerry can be the #3 guy and rotate in. Henderson is still a big-game player and isn't getting looks at this point, he could come in to ATL for relatively cheap and be more productive than half of our entire DL.

I'd prefer we have a potential starter be ready for all of camp than a hurt starter locked for a starting role and failing bc of missed time. Jerry's still practically a rookie and he has a bad knee. I wouldn't mind bringing in one **** of a vet to step up our DL.

Our defense in general sucks and it mostly starts on the front line. With Peria, we're great and our depth is acceptable, but without, it's putrid. Solution: John Henderson.

2 time Pro-Bowler that's been with Smith before in Jacksonville, and JAX reunions have definately proven worth it (see Peterson). Henderson would compete with Peria for the starting role and take it if he's still too hurt. Otherwise, Jerry can be the #3 guy and rotate in. Henderson is still a big-game player and isn't getting looks at this point, he could come in to ATL for relatively cheap and be more productive than half of our entire DL.

I'd prefer we have a potential starter be ready for all of camp than a hurt starter locked for a starting role and failing bc of missed time. Jerry's still practically a rookie and he has a bad knee. I wouldn't mind bringing in one **** of a vet to step up our DL.

how do you know that he is still hurt? And how do you know that our D will suck?

I hope Coach Smith and TD read this, because I bet they had no idea Henderson was the solution to a player on their team that you identified as still injured. You have saved the season!

Please keep posting so the Falcons can win the Super Bowl. You are smart and insightful.

Or we could just keep what we have at DT from last season?

Our DE's will surely be better than last season.

We have an upgrade at one LB position, at least on 3rd down.

We have an upgrade at one corner position, and good competition/vets vying for PT.

DeCoud got another year to mature.

Moore MAY be able to help.

Lofton and Nicholas got another year to mature.

There isnt a single position on our defense we are taking a step back in. Not a single one.

Figures a moronic dbag would be a member of a frat.

Edited by DaMeatTrough

I dont think Henderson will come cheap, and he surely will want more than a one year deal, probably a three year. He is gonna wait until some team has a need for him and offers him close to what he wants.

Since this thread is about options at DT, lets throw some names out there...Dorsey for one. Or maybe look at teams switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense, we might get someone on the cheap in that situation.

if they were gonna sign him, he would be here by now i would think....

otas are what mid june ?

if hes not here by then hes not coming ....

i am kinda surprised no1 has picked him up yet...dude is a beast...

now saying that

we do have like 26 other Henderson threads lol

if they were gonna sign him, he would be here by now i would think....

otas are what mid june ?

if hes not here by then hes not coming ....

i am kinda surprised no1 has picked him up yet...dude is a beast...

now saying that

we do have like 26 other Henderson threads lol

Nope not necessarily, heck it took a couple of weeks to get wavy grady the first time around. Henderson must be asking for a bu-tt load of cash because its scaring all the teams off. I bet the falcons are still talking with him, but want the price down. The 2 teams that want him our us and KC, sucks for henderson, because both GMs are from the Bellichick school of being cheap. :P (I know our general answer was were not interested but its not like GMs have not lied to the fans, I bet we are) ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

Nope not necessarily, heck it took a couple of weeks to get wavy grady the first time around. Henderson must be asking for a bu-tt load of cash because its scaring all the teams off. I bet the falcons are still talking with him, but want the price down. The 2 teams that want him our us and KC, sucks for henderson, because both GMs are from the Bellichick school of being cheap. :P (I know our general answer was were not interested but its not like GMs have not lied to the fans, I bet we are) ;)

Take off your lacoste visor and roll the sleeves of your button-down polo down...it's restricting your blood flow.