UGA gets commitment #8. Sterling Bailey to the Dawgs.

He is down to a handful of teams. :D

Welcome to the Dawg Nation Sterling!!! :) GATA

Sterling Bailey becomes 8th UGA commitment

6:38 pm May 14, 2010, by AJC Opinion

GAINESVILLE — Georgia landed its eighth commitment of the 2011 recruiting class on Friday. And he’s a good one.

Sterling Bailey, the 6 foot-5, 235-pound defensive end/outside linebacker from East Hall High School, chose the Bulldogs from an offer list of 23 colleges. Bailey said his finalists were Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Notre Dame and Tennessee.

“Mostly it came down to the chemistry between me and Coach Richt and the rest of the coaching staff,” Bailey said during a modest ceremony at his high school Friday evening. “The religious backgrounds between me and coach Richt are similar and the bond I have with him and all the coaches were just stronger than with any of the other coaches.”

Bailey is projected to play the outside linebacker position in new defensive coordinator Todd Grantham’s three-four scheme. He gets a three-star rating from Scout.com but is among the top 10 to 20 prospects in the state of Georgia.

UGA can only hope that Bailey is the first commitment of the weekend. Justin Scott-Wesley, a wide receiver/defensive back from Camilla’s Mitchell County High School is slated to make an announcement Saturday in Jefferson and also has the Bulldogs among his finalists.

the above is from chip towers, but he is projected to be a DE for us.

So far, the 2011 class is shaping up to be a great one.

yep going to be a terrific class.. cmr was very excited from what he knows about how this class is shaping up.. we get scott tomorrow and i heard we may have another drop next week.. a big timer who was waiting for the spring evaluation period to end. we will see if they ask him to go public or not..

Great start to the weekend. First, Mike Woodson will not return as the Hawks coach. Now a big commitment from a solid DE prospect. I hope we get Scott tomorrow.

Crowell coming out and stating that he has no leader (sounding like he is leaning a bit to UGA now, IMHO) is even more good news for us. :D

Great start to the weekend. First, Mike Woodson will not return as the Hawks coach. Now a big commitment from a solid DE prospect. I hope we get Scott tomorrow.

we could have a terrific week with bailey and scott. Logan said he was staying. Marcus Thornton is about to decide. We may have another 1 next week as well.

A friend of mine was there and got video of the announcement. He has already posted it up for those that want to see and hear what he said. I will warn you, his speech is very low, but the audience was pretty attentive, so you can actually hear him pretty well considering he didn't have a boom mike.

Bailey commit announcement, unofficial video... :P

Edited by Nicolae

A friend of mine was there and got video of the announcement. He has already posted it up for those that want to see and hear what he said. I will warn you, his speech is very low, but the audience was pretty attentive, so you can actually hear him pretty well considering he didn't have a boom mike.

Bailey commit announcement, unofficial video... :P

thanks for the video.. like i said he decided back in february and was a dawg for a while. i gave hints a few weeks ago so it's good to see another silent commit go public.. sterling and his parents are great.. they shook everyone's hand and thanked them for coming.. just a great family as well.

Crowell coming out and stating that he has no leader (sounding like he is leaning a bit to UGA now, IMHO) is even more good news for us. :D

I'll believe we sign a kid from Carver when the ink is dry on the LOI. Call me a pessimist, but I think we're facing an uphill battle there until some things change.