Don't you love it when someone says they love the falcons

Don't you love it when someone says they love the falcons And then can only name 2 maybe 3 players. :P I know some people don't follow football or the falcons like us.

I just at times when people start talking about them, I just love that question, their like the patent answers, ahh Matt Ryan, or used to be Vick. I could name the whole team in my sleep for the last 5 years. ;) Or even better when they name players that are gone. :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the same crap all the time of people who think they know the Falcons(and football for that matter). It drives me up the wall, if you don't know something just say so or don't say anything at all, It really makes you sound really stupid when you just go on and on when you really don't know anything. I wear my Matt Ryan jersey to school and people say to me "He killed dogs!" I tell them off saying it was there former QB Mike Vick, and they just don't want to hear it so f*ck them. What's with people?

Edited by MattIceRyanMVP2

I get the same crap all the time of people who think they know the Falcons(and football for that matter). It drives me up the wall, if you don't know something just say so or don't say anything at all, It really makes you sound really stupid when you just go on and on when you really don't know anything. I wear my Matt Ryan jersey to school and people say to me "He killed dogs!" I tell them off saying it was there former QB Mike Vick, and they just don't want to hear it so f*ck them. What's with people?

I agree, Bandwagoners are hilarious. Thats bad though about the jersey. :unsure:

Sure I hate that. It's the same principle when you ask someone if they like your favorite band, and they say yes and can only name their biggest hit, or they'll same something like - "Oh you know that song they play on the radio." Is it really that big of deal to admit you don't know something? I've never understood why people have to insist they know something they don't. It doesn't mean you're stupid if you don't know who a band is or players on a football team.

lol everyone at my school thinks the falcons suck. They have no ******* idea. I get so pissed. Of course i live up north so it doesnt help

I know the feeling, I like in Michigan. It's all about the NFC North....It's funny all them people say the Falcons suck but in the last 2 years we're undefeated against them.

I agree, Bandwagoners are hilarious. Thats bad though about the jersey. :unsure:

I know...I think of Vick and how much of an idiot the guy is, then I think of Ryan who is a class act...Completely different people.

Don't you love it when someone says they love the falcons And then can only name 2 maybe 3 players. :P I know some people don't follow football or the falcons like us.

I just at times when people start talking about them, I just love that question, their like the patent answers, ahh Matt Ryan, or used to be Vick. I could name the whole team in my sleep for the last 5 years. ;) Or even better when they name players that are gone. :P

Honestly I remember in the 70's, 80, and even the 90's when it was hard to find a Falcon fan in GA whereas others would laugh at the fact that I am a Falcons fan. It's all about them Dawgs here. Even still one of the sports collectibles store I went into a couple of weeks back was overflowing with Gators crap(vomit)the other half was UGA, and I believe there might have been a coffee mug and a couple of jerseys that were Falcons.

I know what you are saying though some people just aren't obsessed as we are. I am reminded of that difference when I go to a Gwinnett Braves or Gladiators game and people are decked out pretty hardcore and start rattling off players names to me and I'm like whut, it's just cheap entertainment down the street so for every other sport I am one of the biggest fairweather fans.

We were at a neighbors house the other day for just a social get-together, 4 families, each with at least a couple kids, etc.... Anyways, my 10 year old was wearing one of her Falcons jerseys & one of the other dads commented on it & said something about how he loves watching the Falcons but then started cracking on the mediocre record last season & how he thinks Ryan might be overrated & obviously our coaches aren't that good if we only went 9-7 (which he first said we were only 500 but was quickly corrected) and blah blah blah.

Just when "I" was about to lay into him about how mistaken he was, my 10 year old daughter, who is just as nuts about this stuff as me, if not more, ripped him a new bunghole for about 15 minutes straight. She rambled off stats, how our schedule was jacked up & why, who all was injured & when & how it effected us, then who all we drafted this year, how we filled all the holes with FA & the draft, how everyone is back healthy, how deep we actually are now, how Ryan actually did not have a sophmore slump, why our coach, FO, & owner are awesome, how favorable our schedule is this year, & even talked about who looked good at minicamp & what all this means for the potential of this season.

I sat there with a huge grin on my face the entire time & all the other adults sat there in awe. The guy was genuinely embarrassed & apologized for his comments about the Falcons. She won everyone in the room over & we sat there for the next hour talking about plans for all of us going to some games together or who's house we'll be getting together at to watch them. Everyone got fired up & excited about the Falcons at that moment.

My daughter created a bandwagon & sold the goods that day. I was a proud daddy indeed.

Know the roster in and out... this is off the top of my head team mates: Matt Ryan, Chris Redman, John Parker Wilson, Michael Turner, Jerious Norwood, Jason Snelling, Antone Smith, Ovie Mughelli, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Harry Douglas, Brian Finneran, Eric Weems, Kerry Meier, Ryan Wolfe, Tony Gonzalez, Justin Peelle, Sam Baker, Will Svitek, Justin Blalock, Quinn Ojinnaka, Todd McClure, Joe Hawley, Mike Johnson, Harvey Dahl, Tyson Clabo, Jamaal Anderson, John Abraham, Kroy Biermann, Lawrence Sidbury, Chauncey Davis, Peria Jerry, Johnathon Babineaux, Trey Lewis, Vance Walker, Corey Peters, Thomas Johnson, Mike Peterson, Curtis Lofton, Sean Weatherspoon, Stephen Nicholas, Coy Wire, Tony Gilbert (dunno if we still have him), Spencer Adkins, Dunta Robinson, Brent Grimes, Christopher Owens, Brian Williams, Dominique Franks, Chevis Jackson, William Moore, Erik Coleman, Thomas DeCoud, Michael Koenen, Matt Bryant, Garrett Lindholm

I think I missed a few, but if you're a fan you should at least know all of the starters.

We were at a neighbors house the other day for just a social get-together, 4 families, each with at least a couple kids, etc.... Anyways, my 10 year old was wearing one of her Falcons jerseys & one of the other dads commented on it & said something about how he loves watching the Falcons but then started cracking on the mediocre record last season & how he thinks Ryan might be overrated & obviously our coaches aren't that good if we only went 9-7 (which he first said we were only 500 but was quickly corrected) and blah blah blah.

Just when "I" was about to lay into him about how mistaken he was, my 10 year old daughter, who is just as nuts about this stuff as me, if not more, ripped him a new bunghole for about 15 minutes straight. She rambled off stats, how our schedule was jacked up & why, who all was injured & when & how it effected us, then who all we drafted this year, how we filled all the holes with FA & the draft, how everyone is back healthy, how deep we actually are now, how Ryan actually did not have a sophmore slump, why our coach, FO, & owner are awesome, how favorable our schedule is this year, & even talked about who looked good at minicamp & what all this means for the potential of this season.

I sat there with a huge grin on my face the entire time & all the other adults sat there in awe. The guy was genuinely embarrassed & apologized for his comments about the Falcons. She won everyone in the room over & we sat there for the next hour talking about plans for all of us going to some games together or who's house we'll be getting together at to watch them. Everyone got fired up & excited about the Falcons at that moment.

My daughter created a bandwagon & sold the goods that day. I was a proud daddy indeed.

I had a big smile of my face reading that. You're a lucky guy. Did you tell her all that or did she pick it all up throughout the year?

Know the roster in and out... this is off the top of my head team mates: Matt Ryan, Chris Redman, John Parker Wilson, Michael Turner, Jerious Norwood, Jason Snelling, Antone Smith, Ovie Mughelli, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Harry Douglas, Brian Finneran, Eric Weems, Kerry Meier, Ryan Wolfe, Tony Gonzalez, Justin Peelle, Sam Baker, Will Svitek, Justin Blalock, Quinn Ojinnaka, Todd McClure, Joe Hawley, Mike Johnson, Harvey Dahl, Tyson Clabo, Jamaal Anderson, John Abraham, Kroy Biermann, Lawrence Sidbury, Chauncey Davis, Peria Jerry, Johnathon Babineaux, Trey Lewis, Vance Walker, Corey Peters, Thomas Johnson, Mike Peterson, Curtis Lofton, Sean Weatherspoon, Stephen Nicholas, Coy Wire, Tony Gilbert (dunno if we still have him), Spencer Adkins, Dunta Robinson, Brent Grimes, Christopher Owens, Brian Williams, Dominique Franks, Chevis Jackson, William Moore, Erik Coleman, Thomas DeCoud, Michael Koenen, Matt Bryant, Garrett Lindholm

I think I missed a few, but if you're a fan you should at least know all of the starters.

You missed Giordano, Shillinger, Romberg, Valdez, & of course Zelenka! And no, Gilbert is not there still.

But yeah, I'm like you. Can name everyone, their positions, starters to depth to 53 roster likelihood to PS to ST warrior to multiple positions & probably most of their stats from the past few years.

We're in the minority though. You don't have to know all this to be a fan. Most fans know the stars & that's it, which is still fine with me. A fan is a fan as long as they don't ever talk bad about the team in ignorance.

Honestly I remember in the 70's, 80, and even the 90's when it was hard to find a Falcon fan in GA whereas others would laugh at the fact that I am a Falcons fan. It's all about them Dawgs here. Even still one of the sports collectibles store I went into a couple of weeks back was overflowing with Gators crap(vomit)the other half was UGA, and I believe there might have been a coffee mug and a couple of jerseys that were Falcons.

I know what you are saying though some people just aren't obsessed as we are. I am reminded of that difference when I go to a Gwinnett Braves or Gladiators game and people are decked out pretty hardcore and start rattling off players names to me and I'm like whut, it's just cheap entertainment down the street so for every other sport I am one of the biggest fairweather fans.

my father use to always wear Falcons stuff back in through the 80 and 90's and he would stop when they were having a breakout season, then would start back when they started to do bad again. :lol:

Augusta, GA is full of bandwagon Falcon fans, so it was his way of giving them a slap in the face.

Edited by JKH5785

my father use to always wear Falcons stuff back in through the 80 and 90's and he would stop when they were having a breakout season, then would start back when they started to do bad again. :lol:

Augusta, GA is full of bandwagon Falcon fans, so it was his way of giving them a slap in the face.

Not as bad as Ringgold everyone here is a **** TN fan, so They all ride manning's sack, So I have to put up with ahole Colt Bandwaggoners all day long, however when Manning retires and they jump on berry's nuts and the Chiefs still suck, I'll have some fun than :D.

I had a big smile of my face reading that. You're a lucky guy. Did you tell her all that or did she pick it all up throughout the year?

No it's mostly her. I come home from work & as soon as I walk in the door, she's telling me stuff she's read about anything Falcons, Bulldogs, & Hawks (she's not really into the Braves yet). She was handing me mock drafts & 53 man roster lineups every other day for a while. And she keeps me pretty informed DAILY on if the bulldogs got a 2011 committment, if they're a 4-5 star player, any highschool stats, & any other info on the dawgs she can find. It was hilarous when she was trying to tell me why Zach Mettenburger got kicked off the team. She didn't quite understand what "improperly groping females" meant, LOL.

I don't know how it really started. She saw me from her earliest memories making a big deal out of all these sporting events & having a great time following the teams & always talking about the details & once she figured out what the internet was capable of a couple years ago, she just started going crazy with research & wanting to know the details too so she could talk at a level with adults, mainly me. I love it because she's relentless. When a game is on, I have someone to talk to about everything all game long plus before & after. My wife on the otherhand sits there doing the typical wife thing & has no desire to talk about or understand WTF is going on. She just likes that the team she roots for has great player x, y, & z and that she's on the winning side. That's all she cares about. Thank gawd for my daughter. I'd drive my wife crazy if it wasn't for my daughter being my wingman.

Edited by Beef Jerky

You missed Giordano, Shillinger, Romberg, Valdez, & of course Zelenka! And no, Gilbert is not there still.

But yeah, I'm like you. Can name everyone, their positions, starters to depth to 53 roster likelihood to PS to ST warrior to multiple positions & probably most of their stats from the past few years.

We're in the minority though. You don't have to know all this to be a fan. Most fans know the stars & that's it, which is still fine with me. A fan is a fan as long as they don't ever talk bad about the team in ignorance.

Exactly. I know were a minority. I just remember in 98 when their were MASSIVE bandwagon riders, people that started liking the falcons after the 8th game, going OMG their actually good. I understand because I have been in Atlanta all my life. But these were the same fans though when the falcons lost the super bowl, meh same old falcons and disapeared in the cracks of the world. I think thats a lot of the times why Atlanta gets the Rep of a bad sports city because they don't support their times, at least in the PAST. Arthur Blank has changed a lot of that.

But if someone likes them and doesn't have a clue, just say, I don't know any of their names. :P At least their gaining long term fans. :)

See below Atlanta the 2nd most miserable sports city in Forbes magazine, :(

I don't really care what Forbes says, they have the freaking BILLS lower then us, I'm sorry Buffalo blew the Super bowl 4 times. :P

No. 2 Atlanta

Teams: Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Thrashers, Flames

Championship round losses: 5

Semifinal round losses: 9

Total seasons/championships: 147/1

Years since last title: 15

Teams lost: Flames

The Braves have parlayed 11 trips to the National League Championship Series into just one World Series title. And don't forget the Hawks: 25 playoff teams since 1968 without a single trip to the NBA finals.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/05/12/seattle-atlanta-phoenix-buffalo-business-sports-miserable-sports-cities_slide_3.html <<<< see slide show

Edited by nativefalcon

Exactly. I know were a minority. I just remember in 98 when their were MASSIVE bandwagon riders, people that started liking the falcons after the 8th game, going OMG their actually good. I understand because I have been in Atlanta all my life. But these were the same fans though when the falcons lost the super bowl, meh same old falcons and disapeared in the cracks of the world. I think thats a lot of the times why Atlanta gets the Rep of a bad sports city because they don't support their times, at least in the PAST. Arthur Blank has changed a lot of that.

But if someone likes them and doesn't have a clue, just say, I don't know any of their names. :P At least their gaining long term fans. :)

See below Atlanta the 2nd most miserable sports city in Forbes magazine, :(

I don't really care what Forbes says, they have the freaking BILLS lower then us, I'm sorry Buffalo blew the Super bowl 4 times. :P

No. 2 Atlanta

Teams: Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Thrashers, Flames

Championship round losses: 5

Semifinal round losses: 9

Total seasons/championships: 147/1

Years since last title: 15

Teams lost: Flames

The Braves have parlayed 11 trips to the National League Championship Series into just one World Series title. And don't forget the Hawks: 25 playoff teams since 1968 without a single trip to the NBA finals.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/05/12/seattle-atlanta-phoenix-buffalo-business-sports-miserable-sports-cities_slide_3.html <<<< see slide show

If you haven't noticed Forbes writes Stupid stuff thats only logical and sells to ignorant and stupid people IE about half of America.