Bleacher Repot: How Steelers can beat the Falcons.

Well, the first slide must be the first game played, right?

Steelers on Offense:

Well, since this will be the first game out of the pre-season, the Steelers will have set up their depth charts. I predict Emmanuel Sanders in Mike Wallace's former third wide receiver and slot positions.

With Hines Ward as the possession receiver and two speedsters with at least decent hands, I think the receivers will do their part to give Dennis Dixon or Byron Leftwich (Dixon should start, in my opinion) a nice edge over the weak Falcons' secondary.

The Falcons had an average run defense last year from what statistics would tell, and they allowed a higher yards-per-carry average than they earned. So I suspect the one-two punch of Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathon Dwyer will handle them with at least a four YPC.

Steelers on Defense:

While the Falcons may have one of the best running backs in the NFL, Mr. Turner will be coming off of some serious injuries. Another thing working against him would be the fact he is playing against the number one rush defense in the NFL for the past few years. I don't expect much from him.

Everyone has been raving about Matt Ryan. Well...I am not too impressed. I think Joe Flacco is the better quarterback from the draft, and Ryan is rather overrated for me. People give him too much credit, even though he has a great line and a great running back to help him out.

While the Steelers' secondary isn't amazing, Bryant McFadden coming back and Troy Polamalu returning from his injury woes should help the Steelers out a lot.

I suspect the Steelers take this game FAIRLY easily.

Steelers 24-17

Steelers 362 yards, 140 passing, 222 rushing

Falcons 266 yards, 190 passing, 76 rushing

Player of the game: Rashard Mendenhall - 153 yards rushing and two touchdowns

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/391549-ben-roethlisberger-suspension-games-how-can-they-be-won#page/2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That dude really needs to lay off the kool aid, here's why we will beat Pittsburg

• Turner is better going into this year that he was last year.
  • Our receiving corps looks solid -- and TALL, with the only exception being HD.
  • Ryan is rolling into his 3rd year and seems more relaxed.
  • Gonzo - nuff said. Gonzo gets his 1,000th
  • Jerry is back.
  • Robinson is on board.
  • Owens and Grimes were gaining steam.
  • Spoon running all over the place.
  • Abe, Beer, and Sid doling it out old school.

Guest Gritz

Just some 13 year old from Alliquippa PA trying to justify a scenario in which the Squealers win the game. I guarantee, he'll predict something similar before every contest they play this year.

My neighbor across the street is from Alliquippa and is a huge Squealers fan. He busted my chops over the Vick fiasco almost every time I saw him.

He's not enjoying karma right now.....I am beating him over the head with the Roethlisberger hammer almost every day.

I pray to Jeebus they play Byron "I'm Fat And My Wind-Up Takes Longer Than It Takes Roethlisberger To Rape A Minor" Leftwhich. It would make my day to see the utter shame and devastation in the eyes of all of the fake Steeler fans - that will inevitably fill up half the dome - when Jamaal "Two Sack" Anderson racks up a bakers dozen because their QB's version of a quick dump-off looks more like Hideo Nomo throwing a split-finger...

Well, the first slide must be the first game played, right?

Steelers on Offense:

Well, since this will be the first game out of the pre-season, the Steelers will have set up their depth charts. I predict Emmanuel Sanders in Mike Wallace's former third wide receiver and slot positions.

With Hines Ward as the possession receiver and two speedsters with at least decent hands, I think the receivers will do their part to give Dennis Dixon or Byron Leftwich (Dixon should start, in my opinion) a nice edge over the weak Falcons' secondary.

The Falcons had an average run defense last year from what statistics would tell, and they allowed a higher yards-per-carry average than they earned. So I suspect the one-two punch of Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathon Dwyer will handle them with at least a four YPC.

Steelers on Defense:

While the Falcons may have one of the best running backs in the NFL, Mr. Turner will be coming off of some serious injuries. Another thing working against him would be the fact he is playing against the number one rush defense in the NFL for the past few years. I don't expect much from him.

Everyone has been raving about Matt Ryan. Well...I am not too impressed. I think Joe Flacco is the better quarterback from the draft, and Ryan is rather overrated for me. People give him too much credit, even though he has a great line and a great running back to help him out.

While the Steelers' secondary isn't amazing, Bryant McFadden coming back and Troy Polamalu returning from his injury woes should help the Steelers out a lot.

I suspect the Steelers take this game FAIRLY easily.

Steelers 24-17

Steelers 362 yards, 140 passing, 222 rushing

Falcons 266 yards, 190 passing, 76 rushing

Player of the game: Rashard Mendenhall - 153 yards rushing and two touchdowns

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/391549-ben-roethlisberger-suspension-games-how-can-they-be-won#page/2

Yea, I don't know much about the Bleacher report but it's clear he knows about the Steelers...and nothing about us.

Polamalu coming back from injury helps...but Turner coming back from injury is a question mark? They're secondary is going to be improved b/c of McFadden but Robinson and Owens (I think he'll be starting) don't help ours? Not impressed with Ryan, who will have Gonzalez and White to throw to, but Dixon and LEFTWICH will be helped out by Hines and Wallace?

Yea, ok.... :rolleyes:

I pray to Jeebus they play Byron "I'm Fat And My Wind-Up Takes Longer Than It Takes Roethlisberger To Rape A Minor" Leftwhich. It would make my day to see the utter shame and devastation in the eyes of all of the fake Steeler fans - that will inevitably fill up half the dome - when Jamaal "Two Sack" Anderson racks up a bakers dozen because their QB's version of a quick dump-off looks more like Hideo Nomo throwing a split-finger...

You and me both! When he went to Tampa last year I was upset b/c I knew that by the time we played Tampa he'd probably be on the bench. Getting the Steelers 1st week of the season could be huge for us if he's going to be the guy starting!

If the Steelers put out Satchel Page Leftwich instead of Charlie Batch they deserve to lose. I remember when Leftwich was here, His wind up took .73 of a second to throw the ball a eternity. Peyton Mannings was .27 of a second the fastest. I would like to see Ryans. :) But Leftwichs was a the slowest and our defense needs a good confidence building game and that would be a great QB to go after. ;) Considering Rothlisberger got sacked HOW MANY times last year with that O-line.

Edited by nativefalcon

I think we have the potential to win every game this season, seriously. Yes, it's very doubtful, but this is the first year in my existance as a fan (and I've been in Atlanta since 1980 & on the Falcon train since day 1 at 10 yrs old) that I've ever felt there isn't a game we can't win this year. And not only is it the first time ever really feeling like this, but the percentages of possibility are even realistically high for the ones that will be the biggest challenge (NO, GB, CP). That's how good I feel this team looks right now. We've simply never been this deep with such great talent & overall potential (and such a great coaching/FO staff). Never.

That said, the last thing I want us to do is think games like this one against the Steelers will be a pushover or a given just because Ben is out. The Steelers have an amazing defense & they don't make many mistakes. They have a great coach & play with discipline & heart. We should not make the mistake of considering any of our games a sure thing.

Now THAT said... because this is our first game of the season & we're going to be extremely fired up to play & very well coached, I think the notion of taking a game lightly is the furthest thing from reality & very much a moot issue. The Falcons have something to prove to the entire NFL this year. That last year we were MUCH better than the record suggests & all those "experts" that don't think we even make the playoffs are actually complete morons. I see us giving 110% in every game start to finish with a vengeance.

This guy is one of those idiots who doesn't have a clue. It's going to be so gratifying watching all these fools eat crow before miraculously jumping on our bandwagon with high praise as midseason rolls in. We got a special one this year fellow fanatics. Strap in & hold on for a fun ride & ignore homer stories like this one.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I am a Huge Falcon fan and I know that if you give **** Lebeau 5 months to prepare for our offense, he's gonna have a strong plan.

I'm not saying we won't win, because it benefits us that Big Ben isn't playing, but it's a close one.

13-10