Former Saints security director withdraws lawsuit against Saints

ghost87

meaning that he will settle out of court and then the NFL is going to hand out some suspensions.

O well to all the Falcon fans that something was going to happen and people will see jail time, what did I say nothing is going to happen and it will be settled outside of court.

http://www.wwl.com/Saints-Vicodin-lawsuit-going-to-arbitration/7041339

Former New Orleans Saints security director Geoffrey Santini has withdrawn his lawsuit against the club because the team's lawyers are sending the matter to an arbitration judge.

The motion filed on Thursday says Saints attorneys waited more than a week after the lawsuit was initially filed to advise Santini they intended to invoke an arbitration clause in Santini's employment contract rather than fight his lawsuit in civil district court.

In the lawsuit, which was filed April 30, Santini claimed the Saints attempted to cover up both the theft and improper distribution of prescription Vicodin pills at the team's facility.

Santini's lawyer says going to arbitration blocks either side from publicly discussing the case.

http://www.wwl.com/Saints-Vicodin-lawsuit-going-to-arbitration/7041339

Former New Orleans Saints security director Geoffrey Santini has withdrawn his lawsuit against the club because the team's lawyers are sending the matter to an arbitration judge.

The motion filed on Thursday says Saints attorneys waited more than a week after the lawsuit was initially filed to advise Santini they intended to invoke an arbitration clause in Santini's employment contract rather than fight his lawsuit in civil district court.

In the lawsuit, which was filed April 30, Santini claimed the Saints attempted to cover up both the theft and improper distribution of prescription Vicodin pills at the team's facility.

Santini's lawyer says going to arbitration blocks either side from publicly discussing the case.

thanks

Is this what we want?

yes. it prevents Santini from playing games with the press. If your case is as ironclad as he claims, you would have no need to play games with the media. The case would stand on its own merits. Whether something happened or not, Santini and his lawyer were not sure if they had enough to go anywhere so they were trying to win in the court of public opinion first in an attempt to force the Saints to settle before actually going to court.

yes. it prevents Santini from playing games with the press. If your case is as ironclad as he claims, you would have no need to play games with the media. The case would stand on its own merits. Whether something happened or not, Santini and his lawyer were not sure if they had enough to go anywhere so they were trying to win in the court of public opinion first in an attempt to force the Saints to settle before actually going to court.

I gotcha I gotcha well that makes sense....

Hope this **** gets taken care of before the season so we can rape everyone, like Ben Raperburger at a sorority convention.

Edited by bush4life

They also should be able to speed up the resolution through arbitration as that has to be faster than even civil court. Downside is that now the real details are likely never to surface due to the confidential nature of arbitration.

As to any NFL/Fed investigations, I think the odds of anything as substantial as suspensions or arrests are pretty small. These two entities have known about this for about a year now.

I gotcha I gotcha well that makes sense....

Hope this **** gets taken care of before the season so we can rape everyone, like Ben Raperburger at a sorority convention.

Rape is serious buisness but when you got coaches stealing and popping pills i wouldnt be taking shots at other players. Specially considering there was no proof on rothlesburger and well there is proof on that.

Like Peyton behind the counter of a CVS

I never though it would amount to anything but I like the fact it brought some negative pub to the saints. After the Lombardi it makes you feel like your driving around with a nail in your tire. You know its there, but the tire is not flat yet, and you know its a matter of time before it goes flat!

or it pisses off Payton and he finds new and creative ways to rape opposing defenses

I never though it would amount to anything but I like the fact it brought some negative pub to the saints. After the Lombardi it makes you feel like your driving around with a nail in your tire. You know its there, but the tire is not flat yet, and you know its a matter of time before it goes flat!

"The dike is about to burst..." :rolleyes:

Looks like your bubble burst instead. Sorry, haters, looks like the help from above in knocking off the defending champs was all an illusion. You'll have to settle for Smitty and Co. to get it done on their own.

slideshow_1417384_falcons.1214_CC15.jpg

The question is: do you have enough headsets to make it through? B)

Looks like your bubble burst instead. Sorry, haters, looks like the help from above in knocking off the defending champs was all an illusion. You'll have to settle for Smitty and Co. to get it done on their own.

Man I love football!!!

and we will get it done...theres still one small twist on this rivalry though..."THE MADDEN CURSE" and will it be broken or remain intact...not saying i want or need brees to get hurt(lord knows the saints loved it when vick did)but thats football and would,by all accounts guarantee us a sweep this year if it happened by week 3,and if not...it wouldnt be guaranteed,but still a very good possibility :D

and we will get it done...theres still one small twist on this rivalry though..."THE MADDEN CURSE" and will it be broken or remain intact...not saying i want or need brees to get hurt(lord knows the saints loved it when vick did)but thats football and would,by all accounts guarantee us a sweep this year if it happened by week 3,and if not...it wouldnt be guaranteed,but still a very good possibility :D

We have already broken a bigger curse. It was said that the saints were cursed because the dome was built on a grave. Peyton and Bress have shattered that curse. So I'm not too worried about the Madden curse.

Yeah but, who sold their soul to brak that curse? Benson? Payton? Breesus? Bust? Someone managed to get these ill-gotten gains... :lol:

they probably sacrificed Benson's soul while they could get something for it...he is pretty up there in age and his daughter is running more of the team than he is, I believe

All this does is delay the inevitable of a 5 to 6 figure settlement for the plaintiff.

an arbitration judge is not settlement. there is a judge involved who expects to see evidence that would be admissible by law

also, if he only gets 5 or low 6 figures he has still lost because his career in this field is over

an arbitration judge is not settlement. there is a judge involved who expects to see evidence that would be admissible by law

also, if he only gets 5 or low 6 figures he has still lost because his career in this field is over

uhm, it's called recorded video of vitt committing a felony.