3-Cone Drill: 6.90

Dimitri Nance Proday

40 Yrd Dash: 4.64

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19

Vertical Jump: 33

Broad Jump: 09'06"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36

3-Cone Drill: 6.87

I heard that Antone Smith and Dimitri Nance looked good at the mini-camp... The last couple of years (when Thomas Brown was here) it seemed like the Coaching staff wanted to carry 5 RB/FE but Thomas Brown just could never impress the Coaching Staff enough ... Also add in the fact that the RB position was hit hard by injury last year... Its a good chance that we may carry 5 RB/FB.

Antone Smith is a blazer... The guy is fast, elusive, runs hard for his size, and catches the ball well.

(Ahmad Bradshaw type RB)

Dimitri Nance is a bigger tough back... The guy is not real fast but he is elusive, quicker than fast (the 3-cone result) , catches the ball well, and is a good blocker.

(Jason Snelling type RB)

Do you think we will carry 5 RB/FB's ?

If so... Who tdo you think will be that 5th RB ?

I would rather go with Smith. We already have a back up for turner in Snelling that can be a bruiser, but we dont have much insurance as far as a speed back for Norwood, Smith has been learning the system for almost a year since he was on the PS last year. I think that we might be able to carry 5, I think there is competition at RB Depth becaue you also have to consider will Klecko make the team as a backup FB.

I think we will carry 5,i also thinks A Smith is the guy. He is crazy fast and is a nice complement to Turner and Snelling. I hope Norwood can play all 16 but who knows, Smith is great insurance.

Amazing 31 dam reps,so hes stronger than our D lineman (Peters 26 reps)

Amazing 31 dam reps,so hes stronger than our D lineman (Peters 26 reps)

You have to add in arm length.... A guy with short arms doing 26 reps is like a guy with short arms doing like 31 or 32 reps....

But yea... That strength shows that he should have a good stiff arm and should be able to become an capable blocker... I also like Antone Smith.... Smith and Norwood type speed cant be teached....

I can see that also... You You never know... We may not be able to resign Norwood and Snelling.

Havent both of them signed there Tender offers, if they have both signed then I think we will probably see Nance on the PS, and it may be a chance than Smith starts off on the PS too, but if he plays well in the Preseason then the likelihood of that decreases and we might have to carry 5 RB given the injury history of one player(Norwood adn the injuries we suffered overall as a group last year)

Havent both of them signed there Tender offers, if they have both signed then I think we will probably see Nance on the PS, and it may be a chance than Smith starts off on the PS too, but if he plays well in the Preseason then the likelihood of that decreases and we might have to carry 5 RB given the injury history of one player(Norwood adn the injuries we suffered overall as a group last year)

Yea both signed their tenders... I was talking about if we cant sign them for the future...

If we couldn't Which one would you rather have? atljbo?? Norwood or Snellings

The easy answer is Snelling.... BUT.... Norwood is a difference maker if he can stay healthy...

Snelling rushed for 613 yards this season.... Norwood has rushed for over 600 yards twice in his career..

Thats a hard question.

The easy answer is Snelling.... BUT.... Norwood is a difference maker if he can stay healthy...

Snelling rushed for 613 yards this season.... Norwood has rushed for over 600 yards twice in his career..

Thats a hard question.

It is a tough question...... but the problem with Norwood is "IF"... how many chances do we give him?

But back to your first question...... I say Antone Smith.... He has a good combination of size, strength, and speed. He impressed many observers at mini-camp.

Nance is good... watched him play at ASU. Great for Goalline and excels catching the ball out of the backfield which is something we need IMO.

Another tough call. We have a couple months to watch it unfold!

Thanks for the post JBO..... good topic!

I personally don't see it as a foregone conclusion that Norwood will be back. It could end up that we keep both these guys.

Its a foregone conclusion...lol

It is a tough question...... but the problem with Norwood is "IF"... how many chances do we give him?

But back to your first question...... I say Antone Smith.... He has a good combination of size, strength, and speed. He impressed many observers at mini-camp.

Nance is good... watched him play at ASU. Great for Goalline and excels catching the ball out of the backfield which is something we need IMO.

Another tough call. We have a couple months to watch it unfold!

Thanks for the post JBO..... good topic!

I dont understand why some are getting low on Norwood... This is his first year having any really major injuries that cost him to miss time... After the 2008 season... Everyone was begging TD to sign Norwood to an extension...

1 year cant have everybody this down on a guy... Norwood has had little dings here and there but he didnt miss any time like this year... TD and the Coaching Staff knows how much of a game changer Norwood is.... Wood has to show them that he can stay healthy.

I'd say Smith just because he's the quicker and more explosive of the 2. Good assurance if Norwood goes down, I mean, we saw how much our O snailed down with Norwood and Douglas out. Another playmaker who can turn a busted play into a TD would be great for us. We already have Snelling who's proven he can carry the rock if Turner goes down again or gets tired.

Antone Smith biggest problem at FSU is that they didnt give him enough carries... He was pissed about that... Smith said it was FSU fault he didnt get drafted...

...which in fact could work to our advantage. The very fact that he wasn't overused could mean fresher legs than say Spiller...