Thank you all for the kind words upon finding out I'm leaving the team. It's awesome to have you all care and I'm going to miss serving you as a blogger and reporter. But this is also a "hello" as I feel like I'm joining a great fan base full time.

I'm leaving the team in good hands and AF.com is going to keep pushing the envelope with great coverage. Many of you have asked about who's taking my place and I can't really say. I do know, there's going to be continual coverage. This team has too much great stuff going on not to write about.

Here's my final blog post:

http://jmike.blogs.atlantafalcons.com/2010/05/13/blogger-says-goodbye/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

Thank you all for the kind words upon finding out I'm leaving the team. It's awesome to have you all care and I'm going to miss serving you as a blogger and reporter. But this is also a "hello" as I feel like I'm joining a great fan base full time.

I'm leaving the team in good hands and AF.com is going to keep pushing the envelope with great coverage. Many of you have asked about who's taking my place and I can't really say. I do know, there's going to be continual coverage. This team has too much great stuff going on not to write about.

Here's my final blog post:

http://jmike.blogs.atlantafalcons.com/2010/05/13/blogger-says-goodbye/

Best wishes for you and your family J. Mike.

Thanks for all that you did to keep us fans in the know.......

JMike - you have been a special part of our message board for a while and have contributed a lot to bringing us even closer on a more personal level to the players, coaches and team as a whole. For this, for your wit and talent, for the way you reached out and included us as a part of the Falcon family and kept us "in the loop", we all thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

We will miss you and we wish the best for you in your new job. We also welcome you into the fold of "just fans" :)

Good Luck to you - please stay on board as a fan and a contributor to our message board.

J. Mike -

You've been great for the team and great for the fans. You've always been a good sport and kind of like "one of the guys" here on the MB. I (we) wish you well in your new career venture, although we will definitely miss your input and unique style.

Please feel free to create a new user name and continue to post with us.

Just be sure to pick a really cool name :P

Thanks for everything you've done for the team and for the great fanbase. You've been one of the best. I wish you the best in whatever your future holds. Thanks for all the time you put into the franchise, and we know you'll be here with us every Sunday. I hope to be half as good as you at covering the Falcons when I get done with college. Take care, and don't be a stranger.

Dang............. first Petrino, and now J. Mike. No one likes a quitter!!!!!!!!

LOL.... J/k J. Mike. Thanks for all of your hard work, and great reporting these last three years and also getting this message board in shape as well. I hope your new opportunity works out like you hope.

Thanks again and good luck

I'm deeply saddened by this...I always felt J Mike was the most in tune...with what the Falcons fans wanted to hear and see.

JMike I always appreciated your interviews, posts, and blogs

Good Luck and I'll miss you ALOT...Man, I just feel like Christmas was cancelled or something

YOU WILL BE MISSED>>>BEST OF LUCK ON FUTURE ENDEAVORS