Cowherd Picks Falcons v Cowboys for NFC Title Game

I had SportsNation on in the background today and I can't recall exactly what they were talking about. It may have been about Turner shedding 20 lbs, but Cowherd in a non chalant manner dropped his picks for this years NFC Championship: Falcons v Cowboys. Obviously it doesn't mean anything but it is nice to be getting a little love before the season even starts with the likes of Minnesota, New Orleans, and quite a few other teams that should be lurking in the hunt.

Also I would love another shot at the Cowboys and in what better environment than the NFC Championship game?

we aren't good enough to even beat the Cowboys 5/10 times.

We aren't the strongest team in the NFC. The Cowgirls, Packers and Vikings with favre are all better.

When did the NFL Playoffs become a series??? I forgot the so called best team always wins the game though right? Someone doesn't remember the 1998 playoff game vs the Vikings do they?

We aren't the strongest team in the NFC. The Cowgirls, Packers and Vikings with favre are all better.

failure-of-logic-fail-demotivational-poster-1209989155.jpg

I strongly disagree with your failed logic that those teams are better than us. PLEASE elaborate.

Since the 2010 Falcons have not yet played the 2010 Cowboys, Packers and Vikings it really is impossible to tell.

I don't think Favre will be that effective this year. Last year was a fluke.

It is to early to know that.

A. Injuries changes every teams roster by post season.

B. Other teams break out players in 2010 and under achievers.

The only real constant to go by is coaching.

So I do like the chances of the Falcons more than most.

I think we could give the Packers and Vikings a run for their money.. Although it seemed like our team didn't belong on the same field as the Cowboys last year I'd love to have another shot at them.. Their dome or our dome it doesn't matter.

I think we could give the Packers and Vikings a run for their money.. Although it seemed like our team didn't belong on the same field as the Cowboys last year I'd love to have another shot at them.. Their dome or our dome it doesn't matter.

I agree. The Cowboys beat us in every faze of the game that day. We just didn't show up. Give us another shot, and I think it will be a totally different ballgame.

I agree. The Cowboys beat us in every faze of the game that day. We just didn't show up. Give us another shot, and I think it will be a totally different ballgame.

Exactly.. We came out swinging then it all fell apart.. The Cowboys D-Line really really owned our offensive line and they got to Ryan one too many times and it showed.

all these teams have good offenses and our D-line needs to apply pressure the whole game, which for our defense is very difficult.

I like how opinions are shunned in this board though, its great.

Last year this board chalked up the Cowboys as a free win early preseason stating that Romo is a homo, he sucks and crap. we know how that went.

I feel like we aren't the best team in the NFC. Will I want us to? He|| yea, and I hope we beat those teams; because this game is 'any given Sunday'.

We were beat to ****. There were so many injuries in that game it was unreal. If we were relatively healthy, and they weren't coming off their bye, it would have been a different game altogether.

I love Cowherd because he actually praises Falcons, and gives them credit.

While that goes a long way, I can't stand him because of his whiny voice, horrible analogies, his jock sniffing of superstars, 'I'm-always-right' attitude, and all-or-nothing thinking. I switch off sports talk from 10-12.

all these teams have good offenses and our D-line needs to apply pressure the whole game, which for our defense is very difficult.

I like how opinions are shunned in this board though, its great.

Last year this board chalked up the Cowboys as a free win early preseason stating that Romo is a homo, he sucks and crap. we know how that went.

I feel like we aren't the best team in the NFC. Will I want us to? He|| yea, and I hope we beat those teams; because this game is 'any given Sunday'.

I admit, I thought we would win that Cowboys game.. I didn't chalk it up as a "easy win" but I didn't think that we would be beaten like that. That was really demoralizing.

Honestly I don't think we're the best team in the NFC either.. I would put 3-4 teams ahead of us. We're on the right track but we still have many unanswered questions about how this group or how that group will perform. This is year 3 of the process and I expect this team to make a big jump.

While that goes a long way, I can't stand him because of his whiny voice, horrible analogies, his jock sniffing of superstars, 'I'm-always-right' attitude, and all-or-nothing thinking. I switch off sports talk from 10-12.

I tend to agree, he loves the superstars and that gets rather annoying. I just get excited when the Falcons get any love.

I listen to Sirius NFL rado way more than I do ESPN radio. Mike and Mike are boring, Cowherd is Cowherd, and Gotlieb (or however you spell his name) focuses wayyy to much on hoops. I don't hate basketball, but it's all he talks about.

I admit, I thought we would win that Cowboys game.. I didn't chalk it up as a "easy win" but I didn't think that we would be beaten like that. That was really demoralizing.

Honestly I don't think we're the best team in the NFC either.. I would put 3-4 teams ahead of us. We're on the right track but we still have many unanswered questions about how this group or how that group will perform. This is year 3 of the process and I expect this team to make a big jump.

I understand saying that, but I think a lot of people forget or don't understand just how brutal our schedule was last year. 4 GOOD teams coming off their bye weeks?!? That included Dallas. The season was absolutely stacked against us, and we still came out with a pretty decent record.

...and then there were the injuries...

It's hard to say we're better than the Saints until we beat them, but other than that, we're right up there.