I've Seen Every Falcon Olineman

Ok folks another Trust Me thread.

If I say trust me, believe me.

Harvey Dahl is a player. Any questions?

Most of you know I still think McClure is the top Falcon Olineman, but his time is limited. (by the way he will probably play 2-8 more years Van Note style)

Harvey Dahl is an NFL Football player.

You boys know I've seen em all.

Whether on this team or some other NFL Football team is left up to Smitty a/o TD.

Him and McClure are the only two that could lock up a spot on my team.

Many on this board and in the media are flat out clueless. Trust me.

Most of you know I still think McClure is the top Falcon Olineman, but his time is limited. (by the way he will probably play 2-8 more years Van Note style)

Whether on this team or some other NFL Football team is left up to Smitty a/o TD.

video proof please, being that I'm clueless and all. and don't pull up PFF, video proof.

video proof please, being that I'm clueless and all. and don't pull up PFF, video proof.

Don't let Fraud get you worked up in a lather especially since his new learned word is "clueless" he uses every chance possible to mask his own ineptness issues. It just makes reading his posts more amusing especially since he has an extremely limited vocabulary capacity. :D

Don't let Fraud get you worked up in a lather especially since his new learned word is "clueless" he uses every chance possible to mask his own ineptness issues. It just makes reading his posts more amusing especially since he has an extremely limited vocabulary capacity. :D

Harvey Dahl would bury you six feet under the dirt.

Trust me.

Say no to crack... :D

I don’t know the reason for your post but a lot of people here liked Dahl. 2008 he was extremely good. Last year, his play along with almost everybody else’s fell off. I think he has competition this year and he has to play at a level close to or above what he played in 2008 or he could be on the outside looking in. I think most know he can play, we saw it in 2008. Depth and competition never hurt.

I like Dahl too, and when paired with Clabo I call them the Bruise Brothers.

What we have learned over the past 2 seasons is that when Dahl goes

up against the better defenses, he gets beat at the snap. 2008 playoffs

Again in 2009 he got beat pretty bad at times, but in all fairness, what we

do not know is that how much of this was Ryan's fault for failing to audible

when the line was overloaded on either side.

This season we will find out if Dahl becomes one of the better OG's in the NFL

or if he remains that of an average lineman.

Count on it, trust has nothing to do with it.

Cheers

Dahl is a great Run Blocker, but he must improve his pass blocking. Last year he allowed too many DT to push him back into the QB. I saw a lack of ability to maintain against the bull rush. If Dahl can learn to maintain his base and not get pushed back against the stronger/bigger DT than I think he can be a very good RG, because he definitely has the quickness to compete against the quicker DT, but struggles against those larger/stronger DT that have a good bull rush.

GO Back and watch the Tapes FF and it should be obvious to you.

Dahl is a great Run Blocker, but he must improve his pass blocking. Last year he allowed too many DT to push him back into the QB. I saw a lack of ability to maintain against the bull rush. If Dahl can learn to maintain his base and not get pushed back against the stronger/bigger DT than I think he can be a very good RG, because he definitely has the quickness to compete against the quicker DT, but struggles against those larger/stronger DT that have a good bull rush.

GO Back and watch the Tapes FF and it should be obvious to you.

Part of Dahls problem is that he is under weight for the position.

The player page still has him listed at 308, but no doubt that he is around 320.

If Dahl could bulk up to 328 or 8 more pounds of muscle mass, he will gain the advantage

in pass blocking.

Being that this is still a bit smallish for the R OG we do have Moose Reynolds to rotate in

and with Klecko at FB we do have a Jumbo Package.

Wow, you have a team?

the fact that your pumping up Todd McClure says a lot....McClure reminds me a lot of Keith Brooking - two guys whose hype never matched their game. McClure may be a "good guy" and maybe he is good at calling out signals and such but he is not a dominating player and gets pushed around a lot by the bigger defensive tackles in the league. McClure has never been paticurly effective against big nose tackles in the 3-4 systems...

No way will Todd McClure be Falcons starting center for much more than 1-2 more years. You may be old but that don't make you right! B)

I think most of the lack of appreciation for Dahl comes from Pat Yasinskas. He's stated several times that Dahl and Clabo are not very good and over achieve and I think everyone started buying in.

Well, in the case of Dahl, he's wrong. I'm with FFS1970 on this one, Dahl's a player and I hope we don't lose him.

Part of Dahls problem is that he is under weight for the position.

The player page still has him listed at 308, but no doubt that he is around 320.

If Dahl could bulk up to 328 or 8 more pounds of muscle mass, he will gain the advantage

in pass blocking.

He's about the same weight as every starting Pro Bowl G, usually just a bit heavier.

Edited by Radical Ace

Dahl is a great Run Blocker, but he must improve his pass blocking. Last year he allowed too many DT to push him back into the QB. I saw a lack of ability to maintain against the bull rush. If Dahl can learn to maintain his base and not get pushed back against the stronger/bigger DT than I think he can be a very good RG, because he definitely has the quickness to compete against the quicker DT, but struggles against those larger/stronger DT that have a good bull rush. GO Back and watch the Tapes FF and it should be obvious to you.

What you talkin bout Willis? You know I watch the tapes. Over and over and over again.

Blalock - 2 sacks allowed, 13 hits allowed

Clabo - 5 sacks allowed, 5 hits allowed

Baker - 5 sacks allowed, 4 hits allowed

McClure - 1 sack allowed, 4 hits allowed

Dahl - 3 sacks allowed, 1 hit allowed

If I'm Matt Ryan, I'm hiding behind Dahl when I drop back to pass.

the fact that your pumping up Todd McClure says a lot....McClure reminds me a lot of Keith Brooking - two guys whose hype never matched their game. McClure may be a "good guy" and maybe he is good at calling out signals and such but he is not a dominating player and gets pushed around a lot by the bigger defensive tackles in the league. McClure has never been paticurly effective against big nose tackles in the 3-4 systems...No way will Todd McClure be Falcons starting center for much more than 1-2 more years. You may be old but that don't make you right! B)

You may be clueless and that certainly don't make you right. Watch the tapes bro.

What you talkin bout Willis? You know I watch the tapes. Over and over and over again.

Blalock - 2 sacks allowed, 13 hits allowed

Clabo - 5 sacks allowed, 5 hits allowed

Baker - 5 sacks allowed, 4 hits allowed

McClure - 1 sack allowed, 4 hits allowed

Dahl - 3 sacks allowed, 1 hit allowed

If I'm Matt Ryan, I'm hiding behind Dahl when I drop back to pass.

Sorry but we saw much different things. I like Dahl as a run blocker but he's average or below average in pass blocking. If you go back and watch, Blalock's "bad games" came when Baker was out of the lineup. I believe this to be a direct result of him trying to compensate for a backup having to start...