ALL HAIL, Atlanta Falcons President !

I Know we tend to blame Mckay for what went wrong with 2007 and for bad draft picks.(myself included)Picks that did live up to draft billing like JA98, Houston, Jimmy Williams, Jordan Beck. I am basing this on the first 4 rounds for the 2004-2007 draft.

1 - Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas- drafted too high and under scouted

2 - Justin Blalock, T Texas- starter since day one.

2 - Chris Houston, DB Arkansas- has talent but awful ball skills. Was a day one starter.

3 - Laurent Robinson, WR Illinois State- talent but injury prone.

4 - Stephen Nicholas, LB South Florida- starter, solid.

4 - Martrez Milner, TE Georgia

6 - Trey Lewis, DT Washburn- on the roster for now. did start before injury

6 - David Irons, DB Auburn

6 - Doug Datish, C Ohio State

6 - Daren Stone, DB Maine

7 - Jason Snelling, RB Virginia A COMPLETE STEAL for what his done for the team.

2 - Jimmy Williams, DB Virginia Tech- talent but LAZY which made him a bad pick.

3 - Jerious Norwood, RB Mississippi State- playmaker when healthy

5 - Quinn Ojinnaka, T Syracuse- provided depth on the OL

6 - Adam Jennings, WR Fresno State

7 - D.J. Shockley, QB Georgia-still on the roster.

1 - Roddy White, WR Alabama-Birmingham-our #1 WR probowler

2 - Jonathan Babineaux, DT Iowa- our #1 DT lead team in sacks

3 - Jordan Beck, LB Cal Poly

4 - Chauncey Davis, DE Florida State-still on the roster.

5 - Michael Boley, LB -Southern Mississippi- started for us, traded to giants

5 - Frank Omiyale, T Tennessee Tech- start for the bears I think.

6 - Deandra Cobb, RB Michigan State

7 - Darrell Shropshire, DT South Carolina

1 - DeAngelo Hall, DB Virginia Tech- day one starter, probowler,talented but bad technique and temper.

1 - Michael Jenkins, WR Ohio State #2 WR drafted to high in my opinion.

3 - Matt Schaub, QB Virginia- probowler for the texans

4 - Demorrio Williams, LB Nebraska- started falcons, very solid player for the chiefs

5 - Chad Lavalais, DT Louisiana State

6 - Etric Pruitt, DB Southern Mississippi

7 - Quincy Wilson, RB West Virginia

Maybe he wasn't that bad after all and he is still the President of the Atlanta Falcons.(Norwood, R. White, M. Jenkins, Babineaux, Blalock, Grimes, Clabo, Mughelli, Snelling, Ojinnaka, J. Abraham and, J. Anderson). All those player were drafted or aquired by Mckay and are still productive in some form or fashion. JUST my opinion. :wub:

It's a shame what happenes to players like Beck, and L. Robinson.

They looked very good, but couldn't come back from injuries.

I remember how Beck got hurt. He caught an INT in a pre-season game against the Jags, and got tackled and hurt.. IR.

Rich is a great spokesman for this team and has found his niche away from making player picks

I have come full circle on him---I think we need him and he will make a great choice when it comes to a new stadium. You heard Arthur say he wanted to keep it inside 285 which means we stay or Doraville?

You have to be the first person on this board I have seen (not named gazoo) who looked at McKay drafting anderson had any kind of real positive out look. +1 for being different.

There will never be any justification ever for drafting Anderson instead of players like Willis, Revis, Beason. Ever. Anyone who knows anything about football and watched Anderson play in college (as you think the GM would do) knows he was never going to be a good pass rusher ever. He was a wide receiver in high school and had 0 pass rush skills. People who don't know what they're talking about point to his 1 productive college season. People who actually saw him play know he didn't earn any of those sacks, because he has no pass rush skill.

It's a shame what happenes to players like Beck, and L. Robinson.

They looked very good, but couldn't come back from injuries.

I remember how Beck got hurt. He caught an INT in a pre-season game against the Jags, and got tackled and hurt.. IR.

Yeah, Robinson was a player that I liked but, did not endear himself with the new regime.

There will never be any justification ever for drafting Anderson instead of players like Willis, Revis, Beason. Ever. Anyone who knows anything about football and watched Anderson play in college (as you think the GM would do) knows he was never going to be a good pass rusher ever. He was a wide receiver in high school and had 0 pass rush skills. People who don't know what they're talking about point to his 1 productive college season. People who actually saw him play know he didn't earn any of those sacks, because he has no pass rush skill.

I believe I said he was under scouted and drafted to high but, it's all hindsight now.

Did you really use JA98 and Productive in the same sentence?

hear is the quote I used

Maybe he wasn't that bad after all and he is still the President of the Atlanta Falcons.(Norwood, R. White, M. Jenkins, Babineaux, Blalock, Grimes, Clabo, Mughelli, Snelling, Ojinnaka, J. Abraham and, J. Anderson). All those player were drafted or aquired by Mckay and are still productive in some form or fashion. JUST my opinion.

I remember sitting there with the Vikings on the clock (remember Vick hadnt been accused at this point) and Adrian Peterson still out there just hoping against hope they wouldn't take him and we'd have Vick and Peterson instead of Vick and Dunn and instantly have the greatest NFL running game ever assembled. Then the Vikings took Peterson and I consoled myself with the thought that we were about to get Ray Lewis 2.0 with Willis clearly being the best available player. I was in absolute disbelief. People tried to justify passing on Willis because we had Brooking, Boley, and Williams. Where are those clowns now?

I remember sitting there with the Vikings on the clock (remember Vick hadnt been accused at this point) and Adrian Peterson still out there just hoping against hope they wouldn't take him and we'd have Vick and Peterson instead of Vick and Dunn and instantly have the greatest NFL running game ever assembled. Then the Vikings took Peterson and I consoled myself with the thought that we were about to get Ray Lewis 2.0 with Willis clearly being the best available player. I was in absolute disbelief. People tried to justify passing on Willis because we had Brooking, Boley, and Williams. Where are those clowns now?

with other teams.(cowboys,giants and, chiefs)

The pick was not panned at the time it was made, so other minds considered it and didn't hate it, although nobody said it was a slam dunk. There were players picked higher than him that bombed and some picked lower than him that soared. It's a crap shoot and sometimes you get what you're shooting for (crap).

Fixed.

There wasn't even a penalty flag thrown for it either. Ruined what looked to be an insane prospect. The kid was a baller, I hate that we cut him for some of the scrubs we kept on the team. But he lost so much muscle in his legs, so much of his strength due to not being able to train, that's what got him.

Your right, i forgot that it was a horsecollar tackle. Beck could of been a great player for us.

with other teams.(cowboys,giants and, chiefs)

Oh then Im glad we passed on the best MLB in the league cause we hung on to those elite playmaking linebackers we had. All 3 of those LBs are terrible. Brooking cant make an impact play to safe his life and Boley and Williams probably spend a good part of sundays getting pancaked by tight ends. I remember the Giants all hype about Boleys ability to cover TEs. Howd that pan out

The pick was not panned at the time it was made, so other minds considered it and didn't hate it, although nobody said it was a slam dunk. There were players picked higher than him that bombed and some picked lower than him that soared. It's a crap shoot and sometimes you get what you're shooting for (crap).

Which position is more important, left end or middle linebacker?

Who was the better prospect Anderson or Willis?

Who's the better football player?

McKay didnt want to resign Kerney, understandable, then he didn't replace him in free agency and reached with the 8th overall pick on a terrible football player who WAS NEVER A GOOD PASS RUSHER. You don't spend the 8th overall pick on a run stopping defensive end who was a wide receiver in high school and has no pass rush skills whatsoever. Willis was clearly the superior player but McKay reached for a terrible player instead to fill a need based on combine numbers (Idiot) because Willis wouldn't fit on our team supposedly even though our LB corps consisted of 3 below average to average weakside linebackers. And thats why McKay is no longer GM

And as for your claim of people being alright with the pick at the time, that would only be the people that didn't watch Anderson play or read the scouting reports on him and therefore didn't know what they were talking about. It was clear before the draft that Willis was going to be an absolute monster in this league for the next decade. The dude played the season with 2 broken hands. Anderson would probably retire and claim disability if he broke a nail

whoa!!!!!!! this isn't just about JA98. it's about looking back on how we still have playerd who were drafted or aquired by mckay who are still an important part of this team. I never said I liked all of his picks but, maybe he didn't as bad as we have all thought. just sayin.

Edited by me4falcons