Lunch With Legends Pictures

Tandy

Here are a few of the pics from the Lunch With Legends event yesterday - by the way - it was an amazing event - and my heart is still pounding from meeting Tuggle, Curry and Van Note! They are the most amazing individuals, regardless of their feats on the football field. We can all learn a lot from them as individuals - they have character, integrity and are the most down to earth guys you'll ever meet. I am madly in love with them all!

Pictures

Click Slideshow in the upper right hand area for best viewing!

Thanks for the pics Tandy! I've met them all and agree with you they are awesome individuals as well as former players.

I was going to be there yesterday but got a call in the morning that detoured me to Kennestone hospital standing vigil over my 43 year old friend who had life threatening complications from a recent surgery. Thank God they stablized her.

All your pics help me at least see some of the experience. Hats off the Rev for all the hard work he put into this charity event as well.

Thanks for the pics Tandy! I've met them all and agree with you they are awesome individuals as well as former players.

I was going to be there yesterday but got a call in the morning that detoured me to Kennestone hospital standing vigil over my 43 year old friend who had life threatening complications from a recent surgery. Thank God they stablized her.

All your pics help me at least see some of the experience. Hats off the Rev for all the hard work he put into this charity event as well.

I'm really sorry you missed it - it would have been great meeting you. I will keep your friend in my prayers and I hope all works out very well for her!

It was a great day and I personally was thrilled with the outcome!

Guest Gritz

Sorry you couldn't make it Gaz...I was looking forward to meeting you also.

Hope your friend gets better quickly.

Sorry you couldn't make it Gaz...I was looking forward to meeting you also.

Hope your friend gets better quickly.

Nono & yesyes---we had fun hope there is more falcon gatherings

LunchWithLegends078.jpg

Edited by Nono

The person that probably had the best time of anyone in the building was Jessie Tuggle. He was like a kid at Christmas answering questions. His story about his daughter in the lockerroom was PRICELESS!!!!laugh.gif

It was a great day. The final number is not in yet, but it looks like we raised over 3K for Kids & Pros.

The person that probably had the best time of anyone in the building was Jessie Tuggle. He was like a kid at Christmas answering questions. His story about his daughter in the lockerroom was PRICELESS!!!!laugh.gif

It was a great day. The final number is not in yet, but it looks like we raised over 3K for Kids & Pros.

Rev. . . . that's just awesome. Great work.

Do it again next year . . . . PLEASE?!?!

Mind re-telling the story? Tuggle always seemed like a funny guy, especially in his candids from NFL films.

I'll tell it the best I can without crossing any lines.

When his daughter was younger, he would bring her to the games - and he had to "watch" her. He would take her into the locker room with him. He of course knew that the guys kind of undress and get cleaned up, etc., so he had her a chair and turned it towards the lockers - gave her a magazine and told her to keep her chair turned that way until he came back. He went - showered - etc., came back in and there is his daughter - chair turned towards the group - and said something to him which made him feel it was better to ban her from the locker room.

So - some of the cheerleaders just loved his daughter and they told him she could come in and stay with them in their locker room while he got changed after the games. He thought that was wonderful - and would work out fine.

On the way home after one of the games - his daughter said - Dad- you know how the guys wear their jockstraps on the outsides - well the cheerleaders wear theirs right up the middle!

Disclaimer

This is a condensed version - and I'm telling it second hand -so I likely don't have it all straight - but it was priceless when he told the story - totally hillarious!

OK Rev that looks like a top flight event. I've been around here a long time and have been to many off field events. I must admit I don't think I've been to one like that. Nice job.

Jesse - looks like he could play tomorrow. Undrafted as beater

Note - love the new look. You get my Falcon Lunch Pail Award

Buddy - looks 30 years old. A true Gritzblitzer

Rev - is the man

Tandy - thanks for the pics. Really wanted to meet you

Supa - Dupa

Gritz - always ready

Bird Lady - you and Tandy are maybe the best Falcon fans I've ever seen

Cappy - my man

Dled - I think. If so, a good look

I hate I missed this one. This looked like a very intimate event with some real Falcons. I will definitely try to make the next one.

Who's next Rev? Bart, Jam and Case? Jus askin. No pressure. Great job! Great cause!

TATF members rising up!

We need to support these events.

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

Guest Gritz

OK Rev that looks like a top flight event. I've been around here a long time and have been to many off field events. I must admit I don't think I've been to one like that. Nice job.

Jesse - looks like he could play tomorrow. Undrafted as beater

Note - love the new look. You get my Falcon Lunch Pail Award

Buddy - looks 30 years old. A true Gritzblitzer

Rev - is the man

Tandy - thanks for the pics. Really wanted to meet you

Supa - Dupa

Gritz - always ready

Bird Lady - you and Tandy are maybe the best Falcon fans I've ever seen

Cappy - my man

Dled - I think. If so, a good look

I hate I missed this one. This looked like a very intimate event with some real Falcons. I will definitely try to make the next one.

Who's next Rev? Bart, Jam and Case? Jus askin. No pressure. Great job! Great cause!

TATF members rising up!

We need to support these events.

Man, it was fantastic.....Probably the highlight for me was when Supes and I were outside of the restaurant before the event. We saw Van Note get out of his car and start towards the restaurant. He saw us standing there. He walked over to us and asked us if we were there for the Falcons event. We said we were. He told me that he wasn't exactly sure what the charity was but that if Buddy Curry endorsed it he was sure that it was good. I told him I was on the Board of Directors, so I got a chance to explain to him who we were, how we got started from Smitty's fine last fall...

He stayed and talked to Superfan and me for several minutes....asked us our names, shook hands. Supes told me after Jeff left that I had a huge grin on my face. I told him, "Man, we just talked with Van Note like we were buds for several minutes. We're both hardcore Falcon fans. It might be several days before I get this grin off of my face."

Got to meet and talk with Buddy and Jessie too....One of this oldtimer's Falcon fan's best days...loved every minute of it....

Probably my favorite part of the day was during the Q and A when Jessie reluctantly admitted that he was pulling for the Saints in the Superbowl. The crowd booed him. He recovered by saying that he always pulls for whoever the NFC rep is, but that the rest of the time he wants to kill the Saints.

I found it interesting that all 3 guys hated the same 3 teams: 49ers, Cowboys, and Saints.

Jessie's Hardest to Tackle: Barry Sanders

Buddy's Hardest to Tackle: Sweetness, Walter Peyton

Jeff's Least Favorite Player: Ernie Holmes, Steelers

Lots of great memories from Tuesday. We're going to try real hard to replicate or even better the experience for every participating Falcon fan with every event we put together.