Alex Gordon

mookie3127

according to MLB Trade Rumors, Alex Gordon could be on the outs in KC. would he be worth taking a flier on for a couple of mid-grade prospects? even though Chipper recently debunked the idea of retirement at the end of the year, one still has to wonder should he have say a .250/15/60 year. with no apparent replacement in the minors, could Gordon make for a nice insurance policy? i definitely wouldn't give up the farm for him, but we've seen how a change of scenery can turn a player around. maybe the rest of this season at Gwinnett and who knows....maybe Chipper changes his mind again at the end of the season and hangs it up. just thought i'd toss it out there to see what others thought.

I get the feeling there'd be a lot of "Alex Gordon Sucks" and "Why Did Wren Bring Us This Scrub" type threads if we got him.

Of course there would. Especially if he wasn't hitting .300 within two weeks of his acquisition.

You read my mind. I read about a week ago or so about him falling out of favor in KC and immediately said he would be worth taking a chance on. He is still a young guy with loads of potential. He would come cheap. I would love to see the Braves pick him up. Who knows he could be our KJ!