John Henderson

Karst41

The John Henderson news is getting dated,

This info is from Monday and I am not finding anything since.

<h2 class="title">Eagles don't want DT Henderson</h2> By Mark J. Miller

ept_sports_rumors-60882131-1273485195_thumb.jpg?ymLuWHDDvDQFtl8GDefensive tackle John Henderson(notes) had 36 tackles, three sacks, and two forced fumbles last season when he was with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The team apparently spent some time during the draft trying to trade the 31-year-old 335-pounder. But then dumped him when it had no takers.

Now Henderson is still having a hard time finding a gig. Rumor has it that he visited with the New York Giants and had some kind of interest from the Kansas City Chiefs. Now the Philadelphia Eagles for some reason are letting the world know that they don't want Henderson wearing Philly green next year, according to CSNPhilly.com.

Henderson has only missed four games since entering the league in 2002 with the Jags so it's likely a team will pick him up when his price tag comes down a little bit.

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

I dont think Henderson will be coming here. When TD came in he extended Babineaux, drafted Jerry, Walker and Peters. All these players are quick 1 gap penetrating DTs. Thats the scheme we want to run

yeah--we are good at DT with depth---got some young and experienced talent ready to go

Henderson would be a great insurance policy for this upcoming year.

As it stands right now, we have a DT who will most likely be suspended for a few games (Babs) and another DT who is likely to not be 100% at the beginning of the season (Jerry).

Those are our 2 projected starters. It doesn't matter how much depth we have right now, if our starters aren't going to be able to play the first few weeks.

Why would we not want to sign this guy to a 1 year deal just to help anchor the line until Babs and Jerry can come back?

Last year we let a corner get away because we thought we were ok. The Defense suffered the entire season. Let's not let the same thing happen because of DT this year.

Babs and Jerry are my chief concerns, and a repeat from last years D Line issues would

be a disaster.

Until I see proof in the preseason games that our D T's are healthy or available, I am

declaring that the sky is falling.

So go ahead and give me the business about this,, i dont care.

Last year I Screamed about our CB's and the cost would be the post season.

This year it is the DT's, until proven otherwise.

NIP IT IN THE BUD TD!

Last year we let a corner get away because we thought we were ok. The Defense suffered the entire season. Let's not let the same thing happen because of DT this year.

We as fans have to start thinking long term when it comes to team Chemistry. We are not the Redskins who look for quick fixes. We are a player developmental team. Had we kept Foxworth, we would not have seen the emergence of Grimes and Chris Owens. In fact, Grime's numbers ended up better than Foxworth eventhough he only started 1/2 the season. Grimes had 13 pass defenses and 6 interceptions while Foxworth had 16 and 4. And if you add the difference in the 2 player's salaries which is around 6 million dollars per year, it made the decision to let go essentially a #2 corner much easier.

he either has injury issues or nothing left in the tank.

GM's usually know when it is time to walk away. This reminds me alot of when we let Coleman walk just 2 seasons after a pro bowl year.

He might catch on somewhere as a reserve, but with him being this unwanted, I doubt we will ever see much from him again.

I wouldn't mind the signing, I just don't know if we have the room. At DT we have Babineaux, Jerry, Peters, Johnson, Walker, Lewis and Anderson. If Babs gets suspended, Jerry isn't healthy and Peters, Johnson, Walker, Lewis and Anderson are terrible in the preseason and hes still out there we might do it. Getting him probably means cutting a younger DT with upside that were trying to develop

I wouldn't mind the signing, I just don't know if we have the room. At DT we have Babineaux, Jerry, Peters, Johnson, Walker, Lewis and Anderson. If Babs gets suspended, Jerry isn't healthy and Peters, Johnson, Walker, Lewis and Anderson are terrible in the preseason and hes still out there we might do it. Getting him probably means cutting a younger DT with upside that were trying to develop

This is a very good point, and illustrates the double edge sword.

On one edge, we are vulnerable at DT until otherwise proven.

Signing a player like Henderson is going into a fail safe mode.

If Jerry and Babs are good for the Season, then we are at High Risk of

losing somebody that will surely be claimed off waivers.

So with full safeties on we have to view who is expendable.

Trey Lewis or Thomas Johnson ?

That's what the Practice Squad is for.

The only players eligible for the Practice Squad are Walker and Peters and no way we put Peters on the Practice Squad( I assume you know that already), and I am sure that given the youth of Walker and the improvement he should last year as a rookie will get him snapped up off waivers very quickly, so pretty much we dont have alot of options for teh practice squad excpet the UDFA we picked up, so basically signing Henderson would mean that 3 of our DT will be cut.

Between Lewis and Johnson I think wed probably cut Lewis. Everyones been high on Lewis since he arrived but im pretty sure the former small school player is coming off back to back injury ended seasons. After Jerry went down Johnson was forced into the #2 DT role and performed admirably for someone who was out of football the previous year with 20 hits, 2 sacks and 4 tackles for loss. I see him likely as the #4 DT behind Babs Jerry and Peters. I had previously suspected Lewis may be the odd man out with Babs, Jerry, Peters, Johnson, Walker and Anderson

Here's the only update anyone need be concerned with...

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said that the Falcons will not attempt to sign defensive tackle John Henderson, who was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday.

“At this point we will not,” Dimitroff said when asked by Schein if the Falcons were interest in Henderson. “I think that’s probably the logical assumption but we feel like we have a young and evolving defensive line and where we are right now I would say that we will not go in that direction.”

Between Lewis and Johnson I think wed probably cut Lewis. Everyones been high on Lewis since he arrived but im pretty sure the former small school player is coming off back to back injury ended seasons. After Jerry went down Johnson was forced into the #2 DT role and performed admirably for someone who was out of football the previous year with 20 hits, 2 sacks and 4 tackles for loss. I see him likely as the #4 DT behind Babs Jerry and Peters. I had previously suspected Lewis may be the odd man out with Babs, Jerry, Peters, Johnson, Walker and Anderson

I think we will only probably keep 4 DT, and I do agree that Lewis is the odd man out and JOhnson will be the odd man out as well. IN MINi camps the starting DT's were Walker(99) at NT and Anderson at DT.

I think we will only probably keep 4 DT, and I do agree that Lewis is the odd man out and JOhnson will be the odd man out as well. IN MINi camps the starting DT's were Walker(99) at NT and Anderson at DT.

I can see your points in both replies.

Johnson was serviceable last year.

His play was by no means stellar, but his years of experience did

keep him in the correct position to make some nice plays.