Cartoon Redux..."I Survived the '07 Saeson!"

Supes™

I banged this one out at the end of '07 and thanks to my good friend Gritzblitzer, I've since improved with my technique and PhotoShop skills. I don't normally repeat myself with my work, but it's off season and I'm scratching for material with the draft and mini boot camp being over. I was thinking about a redux of this classic for my May 'toon in full color and illustrated much tighter:

ISurvived.jpg

Y'all want it??? Just say the word.

Why'd you lump McKay in with Quitrino, Parcells, and Vick? I mean he wasn't the greatest GM in the world, but we've had worse than him.

Good question! At the time, McKay and been "demoted" from GM. It looked at the time that he was on his way out, but not so. I'll leave the McKay "explosion" out of the redux.

Just a suggestion Superfan, but perhaps a combination of the '07 you mention, and a 2010 'Rise Up' picture, it would be fitting for the times, what with the State of the Franchise being about Rising Up this season.

Perhaps that man in the hole has climbed out of there, has put his Ryan jersey on, and is walking towards pastures new and green, full of brilliant Falcons related news, ie Dimitroff, TD, Back-to-Back.

I'm thinking walking from a wasteland into a Falcons Paradise.

I think you could work miracles with something like that.

Edited by m cooper 22

Just a suggestion Superfan, but perhaps a combination of the '07 you mention, and a 2010 'Rise Up' picture, it would be fitting for the times, what with the State of the Franchise being about Rising Up this season.

Perhaps that man in the hole has climbed out of there, has put his Ryan jersey on, and is walking towards pastures new and green, full of brilliant Falcons related news, ie Dimitroff, TD, Back-to-Back.

I'm thinking walking from a wasteland into a Falcons Paradise.

I think you could work miracles with something like that.

DEFINITELY worth some serious consideration! ^_^

I would like to say other NFL teams take on the problems we did in 07 and be successful. It was a voodoo year that year and every wrong decision that year led us to where we are now. Now this team can keep building with the right tools in place. You got to go through some pains to get some gains.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that was an '09 version reflecting all of the injuries throughout the season. Maybe you could scratch on that for a minute. I try not to think about the '07 season personally...

We Respect all of your work though so anything we get we appreciate. You don't have to ask us for permission first. Trust me.

Edited by Sho'Nuff

Who is Parceells? Why is that name pictured? Did Bill Parcells have something to do with our '07 season?

Parcells played Mr. Blank in order to get the deal he wanted out of the Dolphins. He basically added to the downward spiral by feigning interest in leading the Falcons.

Parcells played Mr. Blank in order to get the deal he wanted out of the Dolphins. He basically added to the downward spiral by feigning interest in leading the Falcons.

Wow... I never even knew that happened. Surely that wasn't the great Bill Parcells who did that. Bill Parcells has always been one of my favorite coaches of all time. Sometimes he could be a jerk, but still I have a lot of respect for him, however finding that out takes some away.

you must have been a johnny come later/lately...

That would be a johnny come lately haha. I've been a fan since the mid 90's but quit paying any attention around 2006. I was disgusted that after we went to the NFC championship we had another losing season. I figured we would always be scum and just quit having interest. I got back into the NFL in '08 of course when we started doing well. Caught the last half of the season and have gotten back into my obsession with the falcons.

So anyway, that's why I didn't know about Parcells. That's really irritating that he would do that. I'm certainly glad how things worked out because I love having Coach Smith of course and wouldn't trade him for anyone, but at that time I would have been begging for Parcells to become our coach.

I love having Coach Smith of course and wouldn't trade him for anyone, but at that time I would have been begging for Parcells to become our coach.

We were all begging for Bill but he left us standing at the alter. Looking back, it was a good thing, but at the time, he played Arthur Blank like a fiddle.

Ok, guys, and thanks. I'll do a redux and give it my best because I tell ya, any Falcons fan that survived the 2007 season and is still a fan is a true fan indeed until the end.;)

That would be a johnny come lately haha. I've been a fan since the mid 90's but quit paying any attention around 2006. I was disgusted that after we went to the NFC championship we had another losing season. I figured we would always be scum and just quit having interest. I got back into the NFL in '08 of course when we started doing well. Caught the last half of the season and have gotten back into my obsession with the falcons.

Thats why I put Johnny come later/lately. I see you joined the boards in '08 and you admit to "re-becoming" a fan then so its more of a later than a lately. Anyway, at least you can admit to being a fair weather fan. That is more than most.

Edited by ~SEAMILL~

What Tandy said :)

Okey Dokey then, my friends. I'm on it! And I like the idea of including the future somehow.

Never, NEVER, has an NFL franchise been sunk so low as we were in '07. It was national news and a total disaster. But look at us now, people. The future is sooo bright, I gotta wear shades!B)

One cartoon, coming up in a week or so.;)