The Russians Are Setting The Standard.

BTL  FED

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100511/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy

Officials initially said they would be taken to Russia for trial, but the Defense Ministry said Friday they'd been released because of "imperfections" in international law. The statement was met with skepticism, especially in light of a comment made by the Russian president.

"We'll have to do what our forefathers did when they met the pirates" until the international community comes up with a legal way of prosecuting them, Dmitry Medvedev said on the day the ship was stormed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the pirates were dead as soon as they were known to have been in Russian custody. Russia will one day have to answer for their crimes against Africans

RIP to the men who died.

The should not have tried to steal. Maybe this will send a message. **** the men who died, be they African, or from anywhere else. These pirates have done thier share of killing as well.

I knew the pirates were dead as soon as they were known to have been in Russian custody. Russia will one day have to answer for their crimes against Africans

RIP to the men who died.

Isn't that basically what happened to the people you seem to be defending?

Isn't that basically what happened to the people you seem to be defending?

Whose defending them?

My statement about Russia is for their treatment of their black population in general. If a Russian citizen, who happens to be black, cant walk down the street outside of major cities without getting their face kicked in what chance do you think these pirates had at not being killed?

Whose defending them?

My statement about Russia is for their treatment of their black population in general. If a Russian citizen, who happens to be black, cant walk down the street outside of major cities without getting their face kicked in what chance do you think these pirates had at not being killed?

Just to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying here, because I don't want to sound too inflammatory, but does that mean that you just randomly commented on the treatment of Africans by Russia just because the Russians were the ones who "got" the pirates? You weren't commenting on the subject of the thread, just commenting on Russia, in general?

Just to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying here, because I don't want to sound too inflammatory, but does that mean that you just randomly commented on the treatment of Africans by Russia just because the Russians were the ones who "got" the pirates? You weren't commenting on the subject of the thread, just commenting on Russia, in general?

Well their treatment of Africans does tie into this thread.

You are kidding yourself if you think they would have done this to an American group of bandits.

Whose defending them?

Might be time to get the **** out of Russia, if that actually happens...which I doubt.

Outside of being black yourself, how does that draw your empathy for other blacks that commit high seas crime?

You are kidding yourself if you think they would have done this to an American group of bandits.

Well they may not have. But it would likely be because they know the the US would punish the "bandits" themselves.

But as far as the treatment of Africans by Russia; there may be issues there; I don't have enough knowledge of the subject to talk about it. But IN THIS SITUATION, I don't really see Russia being in the wrong here. Do you?

If Americans had 'jacked that boat, she'd be sitting in New Orleans now with the shore crews pumping the black gold from the hold.........

Might be time to get the **** out of Russia, if that actually happens...which I doubt.

Outside of being black yourself, how does that draw your empathy for other blacks that commit high seas crime?

http://current.com/shows/vanguard/84906361_from-russia-with-hate.htm

Not just blacks, if you are any kind of brown you are in serious danger in Russia.

They are victims of nuclear dumping...I see them as just doing what they have to.

Edited by Julian St.Clor

Well they may not have. But it would likely be because they know the the US would punish the "bandits" themselves.

But as far as the treatment of Africans by Russia; there may be issues there; I don't have enough knowledge of the subject to talk about it. But IN THIS SITUATION, I don't really see Russia being in the wrong here. Do you?

It may be a cultural difference...but I dont really think people should be killed for stealing. With that Idea I think Russia is wrong.

http://current.com/shows/vanguard/84906361_from-russia-with-hate.htm

Not just blacks, if you are any kind of brown you are in serious danger in Russia.

They are victims of nuclear dumping...I see them as just doing what they have to.

Neo-Nazis.....O.K., I get it. We have them here, but they seem to prey on the weak...Most blacks in this country would just pull the Glock .40 out and exterminate them.....Seattle has a well know group...called Volksfront....

Check these jackholes...

http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4091101.html

Edited by yardbird?

It may be a cultural difference...but I dont really think people should be killed for stealing. With that Idea I think Russia is wrong.

I don't normally support the idea of killing for stealing either. And I rarely support the use of capital punishment, in all honesty. But until there is a way to legally handle the pirates and punish them for their deeds, then killing them seems to be the only real alternative, to me. They are not going to stop of their own free will, and they cannot be allowed to hold the rest of the world hostage either.

Yet you seem to defend many laws and punishments in middle eastern countries that we find barbaric because it's their "culture."

Maybe it's just the Russian culture to kill off a bunch of thieving pirates. Quit trying to impose your Christian US moralist rules on them.

Neo-Nazis.....O.K., I get it. We have them here, but they seem to prey on the weak...Most blacks in this country would just pull the Glock .40 out and exterminate them.....Seattle has a well know group...called Volksfront....

Check this jackholes...

http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4091101.html

Are you saying that most African Americans carry glocks with them? :huh:

I don't normally support the idea of killing for stealing either. And I rarely support the use of capital punishment, in all honesty. But until there is a way to legally handle the pirates and punish them for their deeds, then killing them seems to be the only real alternative, to me. They are not going to stop of their own free will, and they cannot be allowed to hold the rest of the world hostage either.

Maybe, but I guarantee you there are 500 or more waiting their turn at the docks in Somalia......They see it as a badge of honor to be selected as a crewmember on the next pirate ship. Their survial rate is probably higher than being in country, the place is a killing field along with some other provinces in central Africa. In Rwanda, more than 800,000 people have been killed by rebel forces.