Are the Falcons interested in 6'5 260lbs DE Previous Next Antwan Odom

atljbo

link

Cincinnati defensive end Antwan Odom played just five games last season, but put up a surprising eight sacks.

Now the Bengals are trying to ship him off. They may view Odom as a consistent injury liability.

Several teams, including Atlanta, have already shown interest in Odom. With the effectiveness Odom showed in such a short time last season, some team is bound to land the pass rusher.

Rotoworld

Beat writer Joe Reedy speculates that Antwan Odom could be traded or released if he gets injured or outplayed at training camp.

I haven't seen or heard anything yet.... This is the first time ive heard about this.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i guess MJ is getting it done up there in Cincy LOL. At this point I am cool with who we got since we didnt draft a DE. I am guessing that if we want Odom that would mean giving up a draft pick. We can trade the conditional pick that we might get for Houston to the Bengals, so basically if we get a ipck from the Lions then we will give them a pick for Odom LOL

It is the first time that I have heard anything as well. It would be nice if the Falcons gave him a shot. He has more sacks in 5 games than some people have managed in 3 years.

lol... let me guess what 3 year player you are talking about

I'd give up a 5th, maybe a 4th. He has a lot of talent, and if all we asked him to do was play on 3rd down, maybe he could stay healthy.

That would be amusing, to play Kroy/Chauncey/Sidbury on 1st and 2nd, and then switch to Odom and Abraham on 3rd down.

I'd give up a 5th, maybe a 4th. He has a lot of talent, and if all we asked him to do was play on 3rd down, maybe he could stay healthy.

That would be amusing, to play Kroy/Chauncey/Sidbury on 1st and 2nd, and then switch to Odom and Abraham on 3rd down.

I am wondering At what point do we decide that we could really use an LDE that can rush the passer and play the run, I guess I just need to get with the program that we will always be using a rotation at LDE.

link

I haven't seen or heard anything yet.... This is the first time ive heard about this.

i would send a 5th or 6th to CIN and make JA98 a full time DT.Odom and Biermann rotating would be a nice tandem at LE. Odom in a more reduced role would most likely reduce his bouts with the injury bug

I am wondering At what point do we decide that we could really use an LDE that can rush the passer and play the run, I guess I just need to get with the program that we will always be using a rotation at LDE.

Agreed, I would definitely like a LDE that can be effective in both situations. I guess people are getting used to the rotating DE and not having a very good everydown type of DE.

Wow i guess MJ is getting it done up there in Cincy LOL. At this point I am cool with who we got since we didnt draft a DE. I am guessing that if we want Odom that would mean giving up a draft pick. We can trade the conditional pick that we might get for Houston to the Bengals, so basically if we get a ipck from the Lions then we will give them a pick for Odom LOL

Would the Falcons get a conditional pick for Houston? He was traded, not lost to free agency.

Bring him in and see what he does at TC! - If we don't like ship him right back out the door! - Wouldn't hurt bringing another camp body in!

Keep us posted ATLjbo!!!

I agree grab him if he's available, it could payoff big. Because sometimes in certain players careers they go thru injuries plagued season of a couple of yrs kinda like QB Phil Sims did with the Giants in the late 80's. We could probably get him real cheap.

Would the Falcons get a conditional pick for Houston? He was traded, not lost to free agency.

A conditional pick in 2011 was included in the trade depending on how Houston does, If he starts and has a good year we could see a late round pick from the Lions in 2011.

I cant lie...We was 10th in the league against the run... I know a guy that can play the run and pass rush would be nice... Derrick Morgan was a guy we was aiming for.... I feel like this year is the year Kroy and Sid has to prove themselves ....

Next year DE class is deep and the DE freeagent market will be deep...

Ive heard that Biermann and Sid has put on some muscle to hold up against the run... We will see this year.

I say go get him. If we can grab this guy for a 4th or 5th round pick, it would be well worth it. It kind of surprised me when the Bengal drafted Dunlap and now it makes since.

8 sacks in only 6 games is ridiculous.

imagine him playing full time with those #'s

Edited by AJ33

Yea but the injuries kinda worries me!

It hasn't really scared off TD in the past. If we don't go after Odom now, I do think we will be in the running to get a pass rusher like Ray Edwards in FA next year.

I get the feeling that TD wants to just continue to develop Biermann/Sidbury and get a proven veteran pass rusher somehow.