EA Sports to start charging online

Ridiculous. No way would I pay for that. I am plenty happy playing the computer.

Same here. I rarely play online due to all of unrealistic gameplay by the people (kids) that I end up playing against (ie. always going for it on 4th down regardless of yardage, going for two point conversions after every TD, quitting in the middle of a game due to losing, etc.)

So if they start charging for online gameplay, I really wouldn't give a darn. Playing against the CPU is much better.

I'm so fed up with the Madden franchise I told myself I would never buy another one (after getting it on the release date for the past 10 years or so).

So I guess this means when I rent it this year instead, I won't be able to play online without paying those greedy SOB's? Great.

I haven't played Madden in 8 years. I really need to get back into it though.

I love playing NCAA Football.

Same here. I rarely play online due to all of unrealistic gameplay by the people (kids) that I end up playing against (ie. always going for it on 4th down regardless of yardage, going for two point conversions after every TD, quitting in the middle of a game due to losing, etc.)

So if they start charging for online gameplay, I really wouldn't give a darn. Playing against the CPU is much better.

I HATE when they go for it on 4th down. Sometimes, it makes sense, but not every single drive. Then they go for 2, and onside kick it. Most of the time I just destroy them because they go for it on 4 and 25 or something crazy like that. But that's not fun. I like to have competative games, win or lose.

Edited by ConnFalcon

On EA's side, I can understand the decision. Gamers who buy used games end up costing EA money because they are using the online services.

However, EA really was stupid not to think this through. What is going to happen once word of mouth starts to spread around?

I'll buy Madden, I'll be NCAA, but **** you EA if you think I'll buy anything else from your company. I'll stick to my illegal downloads, enjoy the product, LAN (100x more enjoyable then online gaming anyway) and spit on the floor in your name.

Enjoy the backlash of the gaming community.

Before anyone jumps in and says something to the effect of:

"Well, if said person sells the game to somebody else, he is replacing his slot on the server by the new player. Thus, no extra cost to EA?"

That is not very accurate. If you sell the game, it more then likely means that you have grown bored as many gamers do. Every game has a lifespan, some less then others. Companies must take this into account.

By selling the game to another person, you have extended the life of said game more then likely past the expected lifetime. Very few games are exceptions (Counter-strike comes to mind immediately).

Greedy pricks.

Before anyone jumps in and says something to the effect of:

"Well, if said person sells the game to somebody else, he is replacing his slot on the server by the new player. Thus, no extra cost to EA?"

That is not very accurate. If you sell the game, it more then likely means that you have grown bored as many gamers do. Every game has a lifespan, some less then others. Companies must take this into account.

By selling the game to another person, you have extended the life of said game more then likely past the expected lifetime. Very few games are exceptions (Counter-strike comes to mind immediately).

Greedy pricks.

Except Madden has almost zero longevity because they release a new version every year and stop supporting previous versions.

And it's not like they put any effort into it or anything- just update the rosters and add in a minor feature from 4 years ago that you removed the year before, calling it "new".

Seriously- **** EA. We all deserve a better NFL game.

Except Madden has almost zero longevity because they release a new version every year and stop supporting previous versions.

And it's not like they put any effort into it or anything- just update the rosters and add in a minor feature from 4 years ago that you removed the year before, calling it "new".

Seriously- **** EA. We all deserve a better NFL game.

I agree 100% The games the same except updated roster and fixing a couple kinks.

+1

im with you 100% on that i hate when i get on a roll playn some kid on madden and he just quits because he cant stop a drive or i score on a couple of drives back to back its getting to the point where im about to just end my xbox live account.... if it wasnt for the shooters i NEED to play i would of done it all ready... ive done the point coversion cstuff before but i only do it when i play against a team with a high powered Offence and im play as a SH!t team like the lions or the bucs lol

LMAO. Once Madden got that exclusive deal people were say ing **** like this would soon follow but no one though EA would really be that arrogant.

I'm still playing All-Pro football 2k8 and don't have any of the problems you guys speak about (lag, cheaters, unrealistic games)

EA screwed over virtual NFL fans raw dog with no vaseline.

I never play Madden online anyways... I really can't even imagine that it's much fun. I just like to play against the computer or a friend right next to me. So it really doesn't affect me any, aside from roster updates and stuff.