HITS OR NO HITS?

nobkowski

No offense, but our Braves have no offense.

It is really pittiful that the braves leave so many, many, many batters on base.

If they aren't getting no-hit, or 2 hits by a 47 year old, they are leaving between

15 and 20 batters on base a game. just awful :(

**** no he isn't.

Yeah, probably not. If the Braves have money to spend, I'd hope they spent it on someone that's a little more of a sure thing than Dye.

That was a move that I hated by trading him those many years ago. They were doing that waaaaaaay too much back then.

Agreed, that was a terrible trade. We could get away with trading Justice because we had Dye. Then we traded Dye. :(

Last i checked, Dye wasn't exactly doing much of anything either. at least our OF's are on the field.

if he'd take a 1M, 1 year deal or a 500K deal with incentives for up to 1-1.5, i'd take Dye. but for 0 defense and declining offense, he can do without our 4-5M that he's asking for.

Last i checked, Dye wasn't exactly doing much of anything either. at least our OF's are on the field.

if he'd take a 1M, 1 year deal or a 500K deal with incentives for up to 1-1.5, i'd take Dye. but for 0 defense and declining offense, he can do without our 4-5M that he's asking for.

It is a one year deal that wouldn't affect the future at all. $4 is not that much at all in the sports world anymore, and they obviously need some sort of help.

It is a one year deal that wouldn't affect the future at all. $4 is not that much at all in the sports world anymore, and they obviously need some sort of help.

****, $4 is about all i have in my back pocket right now, so i'd hope it's not much in the sports world. :lol: i kid, i kid.

but in all seriousness, this front office is cheap....plain and simple. in this certain case, i agree with them. i wouldn't blow 4M on an aging OF that can't play defense. while his offensive numbers last year would be a welcome improvement compared to what we have, his defense is so atrocious that he's limiting himself to DH duties. Seattle would probably be his best bet with the Bradley issues and rumors of KGJ being released or asked to retire gracefully in the near future. plus, when the Brave's have a payroll limit and don't have the 4M to spend, there's another good reason as to why he's still on the market. since no other team seems to be showing much interest, there should be a reason. A: his defense, B: his 2nd half numbers from last year, or C: his contract demands considering both A & B.

Dye's going to have to swallow some pride and take a pay cut if he expects to get any kind of offer this year.

They haven't come out an said it, but the Braves essentially have a self-imposed salary cap of $90 million. They are just about at that threshold now. It's why Johnny Damon isn't a Brave right now either; the Braves offered something in the neigborhood of $1.5 million, and he went to Detroit for more.