2011 mock draft

i like him but gotta figure clayborn is off the board by the time we pick.

this upcoming draft is stacked with DE's. our scouts and TD did the right thing by waiting until we can pick a solid DE at our pick, and not reach on one like we could have this year....

1-DE-adrian clayborn

2-OLB-lawrence wilson

3-OT-joseph barksdale

4-TE-brady camp

5-OC-steve wisniewski

6-RB-eddie wide

7-OL-jake vermiglio

7-MLB-noah keller

1-DE-adrian clayborn

2-OLB-lawrence wilson

3-OT-joseph barksdale

4-TE-brady camp

5-OC-steve wisniewski

6-RB-eddie wide

7-OL-jake vermiglio

7-MLB-noah keller

what kind of system does Iowa run? 285lbs seems kind of BIG for a 4-3 Defensive End. I know Clayborn dominated the Yellow Jackets of Ga. Tech. I think in Falcons system Clayborn would be more of a penetrating defensive tackle - similiar to fellow Iowa alumnus Jonathan Babineaux.

If Clayborn could play 4-3 DE and has enough speed in our system, that would be even better!!! Don't see how this guy makes it into the twenties where the Falcons would most likely be picking though...cannot see that happening.

what kind of system does Iowa run? 285lbs seems kind of BIG for a 4-3 Defensive End. I know Clayborn dominated the Yellow Jackets of Ga. Tech. I think in Falcons system Clayborn would be more of a penetrating defensive tackle - similiar to fellow Iowa alumnus Jonathan Babineaux.

If Clayborn could play 4-3 DE and has enough speed in our system, that would be even better!!! Don't see how this guy makes it into the twenties where the Falcons would most likely be picking though...cannot see that happening.

Clayborn has some serious red flags as well - I doubt we would take him. As for 4-3 ends, I think players like Robert Quinn, Greg Romeus and Jeremy Beal would all be on our radar.

clayborn assaulted a cab driver eh? he is a LDE prospect IMO where there are few other options. i do love jeremy beal as well but as a RDE. we will need a starter there as well when abe is ready to retire. biermann and sidbury may have LDE under control this year anyway.

1-DE-jeremy beal

2-WLB-lawrence wilson

3-OL-james carpenter

4-TE-charlie gantt

5-CB-chris harris

6-OC-dan wenger

7-FB-vai taua

7-MLB-noah keller or brian rolle

Edited by peter griffin