kinda nervous

So i went to the falcons practice yesterday and the corners and widerecievers were goin 1 on 1 and Dunta robinson went against kerry meir...kerry meir burned him but lucky he didnt catch it. But kerry meir did look REALLY impressive out there but its just minicamp he has plenty of time to improve. :)

Or maybe..Just maybe us Falcons are blessed.

We have one of the fastest Wr's in the NFL to play for us.

Ever thought of it that way??

Dunta is proven...He has trained against great WR's. No need to worry

During these practices, Everyone helps out everyone to become better

Well, I wouldn't make any kind of judgements on the first minicamp.

But, honestly, I think Dunta Robinson was a bit of a panic move for the Falcons. The guy is maybe slightly above average, but he certainly is not anything near an elite player like some on this board want to believe he is.

The success of the defense is going to be a lot more dependent on the pass rush than it is on Dunta being a lock down guy, cause he's not.

Edited by Peyton

But, honestly, I think Dunta Robinson was a bit of a panic move for the Falcons. The guy is maybe slightly above average, but he certainly is not anything near an elite player like some on this board want to believe he is.

The success of the defense is going to be a lot more dependent on the pass rush than it is on Dunta being a lock down guy, cause he's not.

You obviously know something the professionals in our FO don't. You should apply for a job. You should also consider contacting NASA or moving to an island filled with all the know it all people in this world so you can procreate a race of super know it all geniuses with the ability to tell the future & pass infalable judgement based on one freaking play the second day of minicamp. Moron.

I would agree with this. However, if he's an average 1 corner (so 15-20 best corner in the league) he will make a radical difference to this team, and therefore be worth the money. If he plays like a 2 corner, the Falcons will have utterly wasted money. But, if he's a solid 1, it will enable a lot more man coverage and different defensive looks, as the Falcons have about three 2 corners.

I think they knew they needed a guy who could be a solid number one, and knew it was of disproportionate value to this defense.

If they'd been able to fix the pass rush as well (with a FA or 1st round DE), I think they'd be radically improved.

You obviously know something the professionals in our FO don't. You should apply for a job. You should also consider contacting NASA or moving to an island filled with all the know it all people in this world so you can procreate a race of super know it all geniuses with the ability to tell the future & pass infalable judgement based on one freaking play the second day of minicamp. Moron.

Peyton is a respected, informed, articulate, long-time poster on this board, and entitled to his opinion. Calling him a moron is something only a moron would do.

Peyton is a respected, informed, articulate, long-time poster on this board, and entitled to his opinion. Calling him a moron is something only a moron would do.

He said Dunta isn't a shut down CB after seeing him get burned on one play during 1 v 1 the 2nd day of minicamp. That's something only a moron would say. And defending that only makes you look foolish.

I'm just really tired of all the know it all doomsday armchair prognostcators. There's a difference in holding a discussion & trying to state difinitives that are not just critical but stupid because there's virtually nothing to support it. It happens too often & it's irritating. It's moronic. There's opinion & then there's moron. This statement about Dunta is the latter of the 2.

He said Dunta isn't a shut down CB after seeing him get burned on one play during 1 v 1 the 2nd day of minicamp. That's something only a moron would say. And defending that only makes you look foolish.

I'm just really tired of all the know it all doomsday armchair prognostcators. There's a difference in holding a discussion & trying to state difinitives that are not just critical but stupid because there's virtually nothing to support it. It happens too often & it's irritating. It's moronic. There's opinion & then there's moron. This statement about Dunta is the latter of the 2.

I've noticed that you insult people alot on these message boards. Alot.

You have the ability to write some pretty good posts, and i enjoy reading/agree with most of your posts.

But the insults arent needed nor warranted most of the time.

Insulting the team, players, coaches or FO is one thing, but constantly insulting the other message board members doesnt get your point across nor garner you a whole lot of positive responses.

We're here to 'discuss' the Falcons, for better or worse. Because we question team strategy, player contracts, player worth or performance doesnt mean we're mindless morons.

I was a fan long before any of our current players, coaches, FO and even Owner was here and i'll be a fan long after thier gone. After 30 years of watching this franchise, i'm ready to friggin' win a superbowl.

It is our invaluable right to question every move they make.

I've noticed that you insult people alot on these message boards. Alot.

You have the ability to write some pretty good posts, and i enjoy reading/agree with most of your posts.

But the insults arent needed nor warranted most of the time.

Insulting the team, players, coaches or FO is one thing, but constantly insulting the other message board members doesnt get your point across nor garner you a whole lot of positive responses.

We're here to 'discuss' the Falcons, for better or worse. Because we question team strategy, player contracts, player worth or performance doesnt mean we're mindless morons.

I was a fan long before any of our current players, coaches, FO and even Owner was here and i'll be a fan long after thier gone. After 30 years of watching this franchise, i'm ready to friggin' win a superbowl.

It is our invaluable right to question every move they make.

I have no problem with "questioning" every move & "discussing" it either. That's my point.

Tell me, if someone comes to our forums from another team & says "I watched Dunta get burned in minicamp on this one play by a rookie, he's obviously not that good, you guys overpaid him, he's just not a #1 caliber CB", what do you think would happen?

That person would be called much worse than "moron" because everyone knows how stupid it is to make that type of statement from watching one freaking play from the second day of training camp. So why are you giving me grief for saying it's moronic just because it came from someone from Atlanta who's supposedly a known fan? It's idiocy like this that compounds the irritation factor.

I'm a fan of this team. I'm going to get defensive when someone attempts to be critical with only ignorance & stupidity for support. And when the dumb statements bashing my team keep coming, I'm going to tell them how dumb they are. This is my home team. And I'm going to defend them with passion when it's diserved. If you don't like it so be it. But if you truely are a fan as you say you are then stop worrying about how I reply to moronic statements.

I have no problem with "questioning" every move & "discussing" it either. That's my point.

Tell me, if someone comes to our forums from another team & says "I watched Dunta get burned in minicamp on this one play by a rookie, he's obviously not that good, you guys overpaid him, he's just not a #1 caliber CB", what do you think would happen?

That person would be called much worse than "moron" because everyone knows how stupid it is to make that type of statement from watching one freaking play from the second day of training camp. So why are you giving me grief for saying it's moronic just because it came from someone from Atlanta who's supposedly a known fan? It's idiocy like this that compounds the irritation factor.

I'm a fan of this team. I'm going to get defensive when someone attempts to be critical with only ignorance & stupidity for support. And when the dumb statements bashing my team keep coming, I'm going to tell them how dumb they are. This is my home team. And I'm going to defend them with passion when it's diserved. If you don't like it so be it. But if you truely are a fan as you say you are then stop worrying about how I reply to moronic statements.

Well ****. :lol: