Turner Need Jenny Craig? Klecko Will Have a Cushy Training Camp . .

[bEFORE anyone takes more shots, please read reply #14.]

Turner looks fat. I know it's Mini Camp, we're two months away from Training Camp and all . . . but he looks fat to me.

[OK, at this point I'm ready to give MYSELF a negative rating for this post. Although I stand behind my observation that he doesn't look as lean as other guys even his size, there seems to be a consensus that he is in better shape that in previous seasons for this time of year.:

» All you fantasy football players might want to get Michael Turner on your team. The running back said he is approaching this season with a serious purpose and he's doing more than talking. Turner already is at his season-ending weight of around 240-245 and he is carrying it in much leaner fashion. Turner got out of the gate very slowly last year because he was holding a few too many lbs, which didn't allow him to pull away from too many LBs. He pulled away from a slew of the Falcons' athletic linebackers Friday.

Turner told me that he looked at some pictures of himself last season and saw a pudgy guy. Not this time around. Turner said he typically let himself get a little heavy during the offseason and would work it off as training camp neared. He didn't let things get away from him this offseason. I was told by a Falcons' official that he is one of the few players that work out five times a week instead of four.

Turner also said he practiced exceptionally hard to prove to himself that the high ankle sprain that he suffered last season has fully healed. Turner has worked on conditioning drills with other injured players during OTAs and was just medically cleared to go all out before minicamp.

Please continue . . .]

Turner needs to take a cue from Tommy D. The GM was standing about 15 yards from us in the endzone and the dude is CUT! He used to race mountain bikes at the "sport" level, and it looked like he is still shaving his legs. He must be getting on the road or trails a lot these days.

Dan Klecko is working out at H/full back. I didn't realize he has a lot of experience in the NFL on the offensive side of the ball. Apparently neither do a lot of the Falcons on defense. When he caught a pass during 11 on 11 drills, he was slow getting back to the huddle because of the defensive players were giving him high fives. If they consider him one of their own, I imagine he'll have a pretty cushy time during full contact drills come summer.

I was amazed at the focus and structure of the practice. The horn blew every ten minutes and BAM, the ball was already in the air for the next drill. Flowery Branch is a NO MILLING ZONE for sure. The coaching staff must be doing an incredible job to run a practice (with about 1/3 of the personel new to the team) so fluidly. Everyone always seemed to know where to go.

Antone Smith showed some excellent hands and looked crisp.

Weatherspoon made a great move to the ball in coverage which created an interception.

Donte Robinson seemed to be getting schooled by White and Jenkins, but did make a nice strip after a catch.

It was nice to see Moore and Williams out there, even if they weren't participating.

Edited by duckettpleaze

There was one play where Turner lined up in the slot and went out for a pass and Ryan actually threw to him on a route. Would've been awesome if it wasn't overthrown because Turner had some space. And yeah, Smith looked quick out there running the ball.

Speaking of losing weight, did anyone else think Snelling lost a few pounds? He just looked a bit quicker out there today. Impressed many of us on the sidelines.

I actually did notice and even made a note . . . but my wife wanted me off the computer when I posted earlier.

Funny how everyone is reporting and I was at camp as well have noticed he looked slimmer. He said he is at the same regular season playing weight but redistributed to the right place. I didn't bother reading the rest after that statement. :rolleyes:

I'm happy to stand corrected. Maybe he just looked thick compared to the other RB's . . .

btw. . . . was Norwood out there? Why don't I remember seeing him?

There was one play where Turner lined up in the slot and went out for a pass and Ryan actually threw to him on a route. Would've been awesome if it wasn't overthrown because Turner had some space. And yeah, Smith looked quick out there running the ball.

I liked that play . . . I was thinking "Hey! downfield to a back, when was the last time the Falcons did THAT?"

How about Nance, the RFA from ASU? He looked quick, too.

Every year, we get a bunch of FB visitors comin on here telling us about how much our starters suck and our draftees and UDFAs look awesome.

These boys get overly excited when they get near NFL Football players.

This is mini camp folks. We still have OTAs and preseason before we start playing real NFL Football.

You guys need to be more responsible with your posts.

Most of of these guys will be cut or sit on the bench when the real darts start flyin. Trust me.

Guest mashburn

Funny how everyone is reporting and I was at camp as well have noticed he looked slimmer. He said he is at the same regular season playing weight but redistributed to the right place. I didn't bother reading the rest after that statement. :rolleyes:

agree. turner looked to be his size last year. and was in good shape.....I don't think people realized that he is not the average size RB. there is a reason he breaks tackles and have to have 5 guys bring him down.

Every year, we get a bunch of FB visitors comin on here telling us about how much our starters suck and our draftees and UDFAs look awesome.

These boys get overly excited when they get near NFL Football players.

This is mini camp folks. We still have OTAs and preseason before we start playing real NFL Football.

You guys need to be more responsible with your posts.

Most of of these guys will be cut or sit on the bench when the real darts start flyin. Trust me.

Jesus Lord, People! "duckettplease" has been around these boards since TJ Duckett was a rookie and Coach Reeves was "forgetting" to put him in during short yardage situations. (Look it up, it used to happen.) I took a hiatus for a couple of years and the "duckettplease" email account is gone, so I created "duckettpleaze". I'm also very close to Holy Moses.

Anyone who does not recognize that is light years closer to a "FB visitor" than I am.

But certainly, I deserve a truckload of ragging for making a single, limited critical observation of a player.

Look . . . I've been racing bikes for 25 years. These days, I get to 165 during peak fitness and balloon to as much as 190 during the winter. I GET "FAT"! If you saw me at work, in a suit, you would never characterize me as "fat", even at 190. But if you saw me in compression socks, ridiculously oversized shorts, and wrapped ankles. You might notice that I had no muscle tone and you'd say I didn't look fit. Look at Seamill's picture. Does Turner looked ripped to you?

I SHOULD have qualified that he did NOT look TJ Dukett fat. He really didn't look "fat" at all. Certainly not as "fat" as I get during MY offseason (and this is Turner's offseason.) He just didn't look as cut as the other guys.

But obviously, I should NOT have criticized his performance and dedication as a Falcon. I should NOT have insisted that he get cut before training camp. I should NOT have argued that Nance and Smith should be the starters.

I'm sorry for claiming the Dan Klecko should start ahead of Snelling and Mughelli should be gone.

I promise to never, ever share a personal observation which reflects negatively on anyone associated with the Falcon organization and I will personally apologize to Mr. Blank when I see him dropping off his kids at Sunday School this morning.

Jesus Lord, People! "duckettplease" has been around these boards since TJ Duckett was a rookie and Coach Reeves was "forgetting" to put him in during short yardage situations. (Look it up, it used to happen.) I took a hiatus for a couple of years and the "duckettplease" email account is gone, so I created "duckettpleaze". I'm also very close to Holy Moses.

Anyone who does not recognize that is light years closer to a "FB visitor" than I am.

But certainly, I deserve a truckload of ragging for making a single, limited critical observation of a player.

Look . . . I've been racing bikes for 25 years. These days, I get to 165 during peak fitness and balloon to as much as 190 during the winter. I GET "FAT"! If you saw me at work, in a suit, you would never characterize me as "fat", even at 190. But if you saw me in compression socks, ridiculously oversized shorts, and wrapped ankles. You might notice that I had no muscle tone and you'd say I didn't look fit. Look at Seamill's picture. Does Turner looked ripped to you?

I SHOULD have qualified that he did NOT look TJ Dukett fat. He really didn't look "fat" at all. Certainly not as "fat" as I get during MY offseason (and this is Turner's offseason.) He just didn't look as cut as the other guys.

But obviously, I should NOT have criticized his performance and dedication as a Falcon. I should NOT have insisted that he get cut before training camp. I should NOT have argued that Nance and Smith should be the starters.

I'm sorry for claiming the Dan Klecko should start ahead of Snelling and Mughelli should be gone.

I promise to never, ever share a personal observation which reflects negatively on anyone associated with the Falcon organization and I will personally apologize to Mr. Blank when I see him dropping off his kids at Sunday School this morning.

dp, dude, . . . take a chill pill. It's a freakin' message board. When you make a stupid comment, you're going to get ripped. Don't be so defensive!

But, in your defense, my six year old son just wandered downstairs so I asked his opinion. I showed him Seamill's picture and asked him if the guy looked skinny, normal or fat. He said "a tiny bit fat".

So I asked him about every player in the picture and he said "No, [pointing at Turner] He's the only one who's fat."

I tucked him back into bed and told him that duckettpleaze was very proud of him.

This thread must be a joke.

Turner looks slimmer than he did when we signed him in 08.

He has dropped at the least 15 lbs and reports are saying that he is

weighing in around 240.

Some high praise is in order for his dedication and efforts to lose weight.

I'm glad if he's less weighty than last year, but it really seems if he cut down to about 230, he'd have a lot more quickness, and all the pop. Carrying bodyfat (which he has) doesn't help a RB. You want to keep the muscle, but have no extra weight you have to carry around.