Should we go after Haynesworth

The Redskins are trying to deal Haynesworth and I was curious as to whether or not you guys thought we should go after him. Most of the money that he was owed was paid up front so I don't think finances would hold us back. The question is does he fit in with what we want to do and can we motivate him to play every down. If so, it could be a good pickup for us.

The Redskins are trying to deal Haynesworth and I was curious as to whether or not you guys thought we should go after him. Most of the money that he was owed was paid up front so I don't think finances would hold us back. The question is does he fit in with what we want to do and can we motivate him to play every down. If so, it could be a good pickup for us.

$100 million couldn't motivate him to be in voluntary camp. What do you think it would take to motivate him to play every down. No thanks. Pass everytime.

you got to be kidding me people, the guy doesnt want to play in a 3-4 defense. He signed there thinking thats what he was going to play. It happens all the time in football where the new coach comes in a changes things. Why is that wrong? Cause he got payed alot of money? The guy wants a chance to shine and use his talents, instead of being some power pig in the midddle! This guy is easily in the top 5 DT in the league and is very rare to find a guy with his kinda size that can do what he can do!

I agree it was to much money before to take him on and his contract, but now that 31 mil has already been paid out of the like 46 mil, this is a steal. And if it doesnt work out then it didnt cost you much. This is the same reason i want henderson, and this guy is more talented! Sometimes you got to take a chance with guy like this if you can get the right deal. Not everyone or every team has the sweaky clean image like the colts. And the colts can afford to since they have manning! We have DT that might be suspended, one coming off injury that we still dont know what hes going to be, and a rookie.What are we going to do if jerry is not ready and babs is suspended? Start the rookie and vance walker? Styaing 2 steps ahead of the game is what makes good teams stay on top and not have losing streaks. Being prepared. The value, is worth it here!

you got to be kidding me people, the guy doesnt want to play in a 3-4 defense. He signed there thinking thats what he was going to play. It happens all the time in football where the new coach comes in a changes things. Why is that wrong? Cause he got payed alot of money? The guy wants a chance to shine and use his talents, instead of being some power pig in the midddle! This guy is easily in the top 5 DT in the league and is very rare to find a guy with his kinda size that can do what he can do!

I agree it was to much money before to take him on and his contract, but now that 31 mil has already been paid out of the like 46 mil, this is a steal. And if it doesnt work out then it didnt cost you much. This is the same reason i want henderson, and this guy is more talented! Sometimes you got to take a chance with guy like this if you can get the right deal. Not everyone or every team has the sweaky clean image like the colts. And the colts can afford to since they have manning! We have DT that might be suspended, one coming off injury that we still dont know what hes going to be, and a rookie.What are we going to do if jerry is not ready and babs is suspended? Start the rookie and vance walker? Styaing 2 steps ahead of the game is what makes good teams stay on top and not have losing streaks. Being prepared. The value, is worth it here!

We've all talked about this numerous times... This is pretty simple, He doesn't fit our mold, he got paid and didn't perform(in the 4-3), he has has numerous off field issues, he's overrated, etc... We don't need or want Haynesworth...

Stop being dumb...

More like "The guy wants a big payday to spend it on cars and bling!"

I truly believe he has no passion for the game of football and has low FBI. This leathal combo is a bigtime "no no" with Smitty and TD.

More like "The guy wants a big payday to spend it on cars and bling!"

I truly believe he has no passion for the game of football and has low FBI. This leathal combo is a bigtime "no no" with Smitty and TD.

I completly agree, this guy would rather be rock climbing and racing speed boats than playing football....He is a big time talent when he wants to be, but i wouldn't want him on our team messing up the chemistry and overall good attitude of this team

We've all talked about this numerous times... This is pretty simple, He doesn't fit our mold, he got paid and didn't perform(in the 4-3), he has has numerous off field issues, he's overrated, etc... We don't need or want Haynesworth...

Stop being dumb...

Its not that he wouldn't work out here, he would be good in the 4-3. He actually did help the Redskins, because hes guranteed to have 2 players on him. The problem is hes whiney Me first person, and has been a headache to a bunch of teams. We dropped all those type players, to get a real TEAM and getting him would be going against that thinking. ;) Let him be somebody elses headache. Also he should play one year with the Redskins on the 3-4 and see if it would work. Hes a pain in the azz, why people haven't grabbed him yet ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

I think Haynesworth has been hanging around D. Hall too much and they have been discussing the art of the double payday.

All you have to do is get your crazy owner to OK cutting you. With the uncapped year, maybe he thinks it is a possibility.

I think Haynesworth has been hanging around D. Hall too much and they have been discussing the art of the double payday.

All you have to do is get your crazy owner to OK cutting you. With the uncapped year, maybe he thinks it is a possibility.

D-hall became his buddy, he was the first one over to help "PROTECT" D-hall when smitty was going to kill D-halls azz. :P One thing I think is hilarious how much self promotion D-hall did here and now when you look at it, he was just better then average, but still average. He made it like he was Champ Bailey. I'm glad they got rid of him. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon