Does Character Count?

Every off-season, the "Falcons Filter" gets called into question. People wonder if we should take more risks on players with baggage if it will make us better. Looking at the players on this team, the only questionable aspects of anybody seems to be whether Dahl or Clabo are tone deaf to the referees' whistles (and that's kind of good, IMO).

The faces of the team are Ryan, Gonzo, Abe, and (now) Robinson. With the exception of Abe's DUI in New York and Babs brain fart last year, we have leaders who are doing it the right way. I kind of like that.

Don't get me wrong, if we had a Plaxico Burress who managed to help us win a Super Bowl, I'd be in Bird Heaven. However, if we can win without the headaches and distractions, I'd much prefer it. I congratulate Smitty, TD, and Mr. Blank for flushing out the douchebags and putting together a team of player that want to play instead of a bunch of selfish Me First athletes with a sense of entitlement.

After the Vick fiasco, I thought that one act would bring the franchise to an all time low and take years to recover. But I would say that Mr. Blank, Smitty, and TD have made awesome strides in bringing about a real contender. And I believe that the "Falcons Filter" is a big part of it. And you have real team players with character, that you can be proud to wear their jersey. The truth is most of those "bad guys" just harm the chemistry of the team and you don't need them.

Yeah we messed up when we made Vick bigger than the team and that really hurt us. Now the faces of our franchise are all high character guys and it is great for the fans and for the team. Every time I hear about a bad character guy getting released from their team I am happy we dont have to deal with that.

Yeah we messed up when we made Vick bigger than the team and that really hurt us. Now the faces of our franchise are all high character guys and it is great for the fans and for the team. Every time I hear about a bad character guy getting released from their team I am happy we dont have to deal with that.

I completely agree. I'm pumped that we go after "high-character" guys. They know how to work together, No Divas, no problems. All of these people who say "we should pick up T.O, Haynesworth, Bryant, etc..." really have no clue about how this team is ran. I for one am excited that our players have their heads on straight and they do more good than harm.

Character means EVERYTHING in sports.

It shows in team attitude, work ethic, comradeship, spirit, being responsible for your assignments, player loyalty.

Without high character players you can't build a CONSISTANT winning organization.

It means EVERYTHING.

Edited by Bring It