I'm calling it right now, Alec Ogletree will have a breakout year

I would not be surprised if he is one of a handful of freshman who have very good years. This class may have been small, but we have some tremendous prospects in it from michael thornton to alec ogletree. I am very excited to see what dexter morant, jalen fields, tj stripling, demetre baker, and garrison smith do in this defense. Brent Benedict recovery is going great btw. I am real excited to see demetre. I know a bunch of guys who have seen him in person and he is a player man..

It takes a very special player to even play (first or second string) safety as a true freshman not enrolling early. Now having said that I sure hope Alec can do it. With our old 4-3 defense there was probably more pressure on the safeties than the new 3-4.

I would not be surprised if he is one of a handful of freshman who have very good years. This class may have been small, but we have some tremendous prospects in it from michael thornton to alec ogletree. I am very excited to see what dexter morant, jalen fields, tj stripling, demetre baker, and garrison smith do in this defense. Brent Benedict recovery is going great btw. I am real excited to see demetre. I know a bunch of guys who have seen him in person and he is a player man..

I'm assuming there is still no chance for this season for Benedict, does that seem about right?

It takes a very special player to even play (first or second string) safety as a true freshman not enrolling early. Now having said that I sure hope Alec can do it. With our old 4-3 defense there was probably more pressure on the safeties than the new 3-4.

very true and we have had a number of those the past few years from aj green to orson charles, but it takes someone very special and we have a number of guys who could fit that in the 2009 class we took in. Brandon Burrows is one who is physically able to do it which many times is a big issue going from a senior in high school. There are many recruits who need that extra year to get ready physically to play especially in the SEC. Alec Ogletree could be that guy as well. It will be interesting to see which freshman really step in and produce and i think it's going to be easier for our freshman to get playing time due to us having to put in a new system and due to us getting these new coaches who I really believe will put the best players on the field even if freshman.