NFL Receiving Corp rankings

bush4life

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoqUHMcFbvqsh11EkNJF_hM5nYcB?slug=jc-directsnap050710

2. New Orleans Saints: The champions go five deep with Marques Colston(notes), TE Jeremy Shockey(notes), Devery Henderson(notes), Robert Meachem(notes) and Lance Moore(notes). And they just added promising TE Jimmy Graham(notes).

8. Atlanta Falcons: Roddy White(notes) is a step below the likes of Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson and Tony Gonzalez(notes) is closer to the end, but they’re still really good. Depth is the biggest concern.

Dallas at #10???? Laugher.

Edited by bush4life

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind that list. It's probably accurate. Say what you want about Drew but he's not throwing the ball to himself.

Falcons have potential to move into top 5 if Harry Douglas comes on as hard as he did his rookie year. Kerry Meier looks likes a straight up hands guy and possible 4th receiving option.

i feel like the top 10 is a pretty good list other than two

I feel like Atlanta is rated too high mostly due to the injuries they had last year. The potential is there, but you should earn the ranking before getting it

San Diego is definitely too high. Dallas should be ahead of both of those teams right now

sorry...I feel like you need depth to be in the top 10 and at this point the Falcons have no proven depth

finneran,peele,weems are depth...roddy(pro bowler wr)tg(first ballot hofer)jenkins(good #2)and hd(had a very good rookie season for the role he played)...thats a pretty darn good group to have...so if you think we are ranked to high(maybe so)it isnt a stretch to have us where we are at

finneran,peele,weems are depth...roddy(pro bowler wr)tg(first ballot hofer)jenkins(good #2)and hd(had a very good rookie season for the role he played)...thats a pretty darn good group to have...so if you think we are ranked to high(maybe so)it isnt a stretch to have us where we are at

Jenkins is not a good #2. He has a habit of disappearing in games and drops too many balls. I have heard this same opinion from many a Falcons fan. Douglas has potential, but he has yet to show anything due to injury (as a said)

It isn't like I would drop the Falcons much, but I see Dallas as having a better receiving corps and also an excellent TE

Jenkins is not a good #2. He has a habit of disappearing in games and drops too many balls. I have heard this same opinion from many a Falcons fan. Douglas has potential, but he has yet to show anything due to injury (as a said)

It isn't like I would drop the Falcons much, but I see Dallas as having a better receiving corps and also an excellent TE

agree with the dallas comment,but jenkins is an excellent blocker(thats part of being a wr)and he makes the tough catches,his drops seem to come on the easy ones and its not like he drops more than he catches,but he does need to be more focused at times

the saints WRs aren't as good as people make them out to be.

colston is really good and could probably average 90 rec 1200-1300 yds a year in another offense. shockey is a 600-800 tightend in another offense and i think meachem could be a solid #2 elsewhere.

brees and payton's system make those guys look a lot better than they really are. similar with the pats WRs in the early 2000s.

that said the falcons receiving group is 2 deep right now. white and gonzo are all pro caliber weapons, but after them it's all "meh". matt ryan made jenkins look really good in 08, but jenkins will always be a #4 receiver AT BEST. he's far too inconsistent. harry douglas could be a very solid #2 one day, but i'm not sure how good he'll be after that knee injury. he will probably lose his shiftiness and speed, which is part of what makes him good.

meier may be solid one day, but is a slot at best IMO. finn is good for like 8 catches a year. peelle is good for about 15-20 catches and is probably in his final season.

the saints WRs aren't as good as people make them out to be.

colston is really good and could probably average 90 rec 1200-1300 yds a year in another offense. shockey is a 600-800 tightend in another offense and i think meachem could be a solid #2 elsewhere.

brees and payton's system make those guys look a lot better than they really are. similar with the pats WRs in the early 2000s.

that said the falcons receiving group is 2 deep right now. white and gonzo are all pro caliber weapons, but after them it's all "meh". matt ryan made jenkins look really good in 08, but jenkins will always be a #4 receiver AT BEST. he's far too inconsistent. harry douglas could be a very solid #2 one day, but i'm not sure how good he'll be after that knee injury. he will probably lose his shiftiness and speed, which is part of what makes him good.

meier may be solid one day, but is a slot at best IMO. finn is good for like 8 catches a year. peelle is good for about 15-20 catches and is probably in his final season.

you may think your corp is two deep, but our corp is 3 times deepper.