Falcons Rapid Reports From Camp (CBSSports)

Jaymadd

Friday, May 07, 2010

3:43 pm CB Dunta Robinson and QB Matt Ryan said they've been working with each other, in the weight room and in the film room. "I've never seen a QB put in the kind of work he has, and it's just been six weeks since I've been here," Robinson said.

3:42 pm QB Matt Ryan was sloppy at times today (four INTs), but keep in mind today is the first day for offseason practices. "I definitely felt a little rusty but it definitely felt good to get out here and begin working for 2010," he said.

3:41 pm Earlier this week coach Mike Smith said S William Moore would be participating in mini-camp. However, Moore will not participate in any practices this weekend, along with other injured players DB Brian Williams, DT Peria Jerry and WR Harry Douglas.

3:38 pm Falcons RB Michael Turner saw his first full day of practice today since severely spraining his right ankle last season. "There are still some things I have to work out but I'm feeling pretty good," Turner said.

3:38 pm This offseason, the Falcons became the first NFL team to incorporate mixed martial arts training into their program. "I don't know if you'll see those benefits until we go out and play those games in pads," coach Mike Smith said.

3:37 pm In 7-on-7s and team drills, the Falcons defense compiled five interceptions in today's first mini-camp practice. "It's something we'll have to watch film on and evaluate whether it was good plays made by the defense or poor plays made by the offense," coach Mike Smith said

Will post more as they come up

Will post more as they come up

3:43 pm CB Dunta Robinson and QB Matt Ryan said they've been working with each other, in the weight room and in the film room. "I've never seen a QB put in the kind of work he has, and it's just been six weeks since I've been here," Robinson said.

You heard it here first

Matt Ryan > Matt Shaub :P

3:38 pm This offseason, the Falcons became the first NFL team to incorporate mixed martial arts training into their program. "I don't know if you'll see those benefits until we go out and play those games in pads," coach Mike Smith said.

We're going to kick some *** this year B)

Ouch. 4 picks. I know it's the first practice but that does startle one.

Most likely just a combination of some rust, receivers getting used to routes again, and (dare we hope) a suddenly outstanding secondary tongue.gif. Wasn't thrilling to read, but the kinks will get worked out.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

What I'm interested in is who made the picks. I know Decoud had at least one. All the rest were Grimes' right?

ROBISNONS & GRIMES - STARTING CB'S 2010

... I'm gonna keep that in posts until I get a small support group going. We as fans need to let the Falcons coaching staff know we want Grimes starting at CB!

What I'm interested in is who made the picks. I know Decoud had at least one. All the rest were Grimes' right?

ROBISNONS & GRIMES - STARTING CB'S 2010

... I'm gonna keep that in posts until I get a small support group going. We as fans need to let the Falcons coaching staff know we want Grimes starting at CB!

I'm sure the FO spends all their waking hours reading these message boards for some tips as to who should get the starting nods.

And Franks had a pick...and from what I read from Yasinskas it was a pretty nice one, too.

I'm sure the FO spends all their waking hours reading these message boards for some tips as to who should get the starting nods.

And Franks had a pick...and from what I read from Yasinskas it was a pretty nice one, too.

Just read Yasinkas' entry. Nice to see that Franks and Decoud had picks. I'm just a huge fan of Grimes because he was once considered by many what Chris Houston is considered now. He overcame that last year and had somewhat of a break out season. 6 picks is pretty dang close to being up there with the big boys.

Yes! The first thing I was looking for once I logged on! The rapid reports are here!

I wouldn't put too much into Ryan's 4 INTs...he started off last year's mini camp with some rustiness too. Let's be grateful that this is still the offseason and not the regular season. B)