Atlanta Braves: Underacheiving Trash?

Gritzblitz 2.0

Co signed, in blood for that matter

The overly optimistic people just make me cringe at this point. Still talking playoffs, how the Braves have a chance, how it been done before, etc. This team has to get above .500 first!! I say they'll be under .500 at least until middle June, maybe longer.

Underachievers is a term usually reserved for people that are believed to possess the ability to achieve.

I said in February that this was going to be the worst team that Atlanta has had in a long time. You trade a top 3 pitcher in the National League last year for Melky ******* Cabrera and your "big bat" offseason acquisition was a lumbering ogre who couldn't hit a fastball if his family was being held hostage.

I'll give the Braves credit for ONE thing they did, and that was naming Heyward opening day starter instead of going the cheap *** route and leaving him in the minors.

Pendleton will continue to turn good players into trash with his antics. That blob doesn't deserve a tee-ball coach gig

As for Heyward, he is the real deal. I have never seen or felt this way about a player. Pendelton needs to stay the **** away from him.

Underachievers is a term usually reserved for people that are believed to possess the ability to achieve.

I said in February that this was going to be the worst team that Atlanta has had in a long time. You trade a top 3 pitcher in the National League last year for Melky ******* Cabrera and your "big bat" offseason acquisition was a lumbering ogre who couldn't hit a fastball if his family was being held hostage.

I'll give the Braves credit for ONE thing they did, and that was naming Heyward opening day starter instead of going the cheap *** route and leaving him in the minors.

And once again, like people have told you, Melky Cabrera was a throw-in in that trade. Oh, and guess what, for this being the "worst" team Atlanta has had in awhile, we're awfully close to the same record as last year (we were 13-15 at this point last season and still happened to finish 86-76).

Would you have been happier if the Braves went out and grossly overpaid for Jason Bay like the Mets did ( if you haven't noticed, he's doing terrible)? Let's face it, there just wasn't a lot out there this offseason. If Freeman didn't get hurt last year, then maybe he's up now playing first for us. And the pitcher we got for Vasquez was the meat of the trade, Melky was supposed to be our 4th outfielder.

And once again, like people have told you, Melky Cabrera was a throw-in in that trade. Oh, and guess what, for this being the "worst" team Atlanta has had in awhile, we're awfully close to the same record as last year (we were 13-15 at this point last season and still happened to finish 86-76).

Had they played just slightly better in the first half and not struggled against the scrun Nats, Marlins, Reds, Pirates and Padres, they would have made the playoffs. Again, you can't just play with the attitude that there is "plenty of games left".

Had they played just slightly better in the first half and not struggled against the scrun Nats, Marlins, Reds, Pirates and Padres, they would have made the playoffs. Again, you can't just play with the attitude that there is "plenty of games left".

Where have I advocated that they continue to play this way? And also, had they not lost 6 games in a row to end the season they would have made the playoffs. It has literally taken the worst start of their careers for McCann, McLouth, and Escobar to get the Braves to 12-16 along with the dismal play by Glaus and Cabrera. You get 3 of those 5 guys hitting like they have shown they can, then well start winning. Actually, I take that back, get just two of them to hit with **** RISP and well start winning. I have never seen a team so inept at situational hitting.

Co signed, in blood for that matter

The overly optimistic people just make me cringe at this point. Still talking playoffs, how the Braves have a chance, how it been done before, etc. This team has to get above .500 first!! I say they'll be under .500 at least until middle June, maybe longer.

mora-playoffs.png?w=466&h=361

Edited by The Monarch

They're not ALL trash ... they're definitely under achieving and need a new manager. I just pray that Cox doesn't go back on his retirement plans ....

The good .....

Heyward

Prado

Escobar .... needs a manager that will get in his ***

Hanson

Hudson

Jurrjens

McCann ..... normally

The guys soon to be up to help out

Schafer

Freeman

Call me crazy .... but an every day lineup of

Schafer

Prado

Chipper - Really need a new 3rd baseman soon

Heyward

McCann

Escobar

McClouth

Freeman

doesn't sound so bad .... we'll still need a professional hitting coach to teach these young guys how to hit

doesn't sound so bad .... we'll still need a professional hitting coach to teach these young guys how to hit

It's worse than that. They come up knowing how to hit, and then regress as they accrue time at major league level.

Edited by K26dp

like clem said.....it reminds me of FSU through the 2000's. bobby ball just wasn't getting it done at FSU and bobby ball isn't getting it done in Atlanta. the entire staff needs an over haul. Eddie and McDowell are the only two that i would deem "safe" were an over haul to take place.

They're not ALL trash ... they're definitely under achieving and need a new manager. I just pray that Cox doesn't go back on his retirement plans ....

The good .....

Heyward

Prado

Escobar .... needs a manager that will get in his ***

Hanson

Hudson

Jurrjens

McCann ..... normally

The guys soon to be up to help out

Schafer

Freeman

Call me crazy .... but an every day lineup of

Schafer

Prado

Chipper - Really need a new 3rd baseman soon

Heyward

McCann

Escobar

McClouth

Freeman

I totally agree with all of this. I too hope BC truly leaves. Dont get me wrong, I love all that BC has done for this club and he rightfully deserves to go out on his terms. I truly feel we need to go in a different direction. Bring in some fresh new blood, to go with this mostly young team.

+1