Hilarious twitter from fsu coach.

Wow, he really relates with the younger generation, hes uses words like "ur", "r", "u", etc. He also uses area codes which we know is a plus with recruits. I have to say, when I was younger, which I'm not old by any stretch, but I'm not 18 any more for sure, if I had a coach tweeting like that I wouldn't give him the time of day. Hes definitely trying to take advantage of the younger simple minded athletes with the way he "tweets". I personally wouldn't want to play for a coach like that, stay real, show me what you have to offer, tell me how I fit in your scheme and stay in contact but don't try to be something your not, why in the heck would you want to play for a coach that talks or writes like that. You go to college to become educated and better yourself. Then again, there are allot of recruits who respond to stuff like that.

Kids love it. Fans love it. It's good to have a coach who publicly shows how excited he is for our school.

Oh I agree 100% about a coach publicly showing his excitement, thats one of the reasons UGA fans have fallen in love with Grantham, but wow, you can take some of that to far.

Embarrassing IMO, but if a 36 year old man acting like that on twitter works to get recruits, then have at it.

This is still college, not the WWE...

No. Coach Coley is like that in person. He is one of the most energetic people I have ever met. Hes not faking in any sense.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for that guy.

I don't know if it's possible to throw up any more lame one-liners and catch phrases than this Coley guy just did. Looks like the transcript from a WWE audition tape.

FEAR THE SPEAR!!!! GRRRR, GOOOOOOOLDBERG, GOOOOOOOLDBERG, GOOOOOOOOOLDBERG!!!! OH MY GOD, STONE COLD WITH THE STUNNER!! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

I'm genuinely embarrassed for that guy.

I don't know if it's possible to throw up any more lame one-liners and catch phrases than this Coley guy just did. Looks like the transcript from a WWE audition tape.

FEAR THE SPEAR!!!! GRRRR, GOOOOOOOLDBERG, GOOOOOOOLDBERG, GOOOOOOOOOLDBERG!!!! OH MY GOD, STONE COLD WITH THE STUNNER!! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

it's an embarrassment any coach would tweet like that.. i know fsu fans feel he is a great recruiter, but you don't need to post that crap to get kids. there are plenty of great recruiters who don't need to do that.

it's an embarrassment any coach would tweet like that.. i know fsu fans feel he is a great recruiter, but you don't need to post that crap to get kids. there are plenty of great recruiters who don't need to do that.

I take it you didn't read my post? Thats how Coley is. He is fired up and excited nonstop. Got you guys talking about him didn't he?

I take it you didn't read my post? Thats how Coley is. He is fired up and excited nonstop. Got you guys talking about him didn't he?

yep i read it and it doesn't change what many feel about those tweets and how embarrassing they are. Talking about him and his tweets isn't a positive thing. There are other great recruiters out there who don't post like that and I highly doubt he runs around saying the stuff he tweets. I know fsu guys like him and that's great, but that doesn't take away what many think about what he tweets.

yep i read it and it doesn't change what many feel about those tweets and how embarrassing they are. Talking about him and his tweets isn't a positive thing. There are other great recruiters out there who don't post like that and I highly doubt he runs around saying the stuff he tweets. I know fsu guys like him and that's great, but that doesn't take away what many think about what he tweets.

Well after getting a top 10 recruiting class after a 7-6 season, and a comoplete school overhaul, the man can say whatever he wants.

There also maybe tons of great recruiters out there...but who are you talking about?

"any publicity is good publicity"

Edited by Cody #53

Well after getting a top 10 recruiting class after a 7-6 season, and a comoplete school overhaul, the man can say whatever he wants.

There also maybe tons of great recruiters out there...but who are you talking about?

"any publicity is good publicity"

well considering the recruiting class for fsu was a total coaching staff effort giving all the credit to one guy is incorrect. Also you can't prove that his embarrassing tweets are the reason for that top 10 class. You are right he has the right to tweet whatever he wants and we have the right to point out how lame or embarrassing his tweets are. I really don't see why you want to defend those tweets because he is an fsu coach, if it was a uga coach i would be sayign it was stupid as well. There are plenty of great recruiters who don't need to post that stuff to be effective and be great at what they do. Any publicity is not good publicity, but we won't agree there.

well considering the recruiting class for fsu was a total coaching staff effort giving all the credit to one guy is incorrect. Also you can't prove that his embarrassing tweets are the reason for that top 10 class. You are right he has the right to tweet whatever he wants and we have the right to point out how lame or embarrassing his tweets are. I really don't see why you want to defend those tweets because he is an fsu coach. There are plenty of great recruiters who don't need to post that stuff to be effective and be great at what they do. Any publicity is not good publicity, but we won't agree there.

Never did I say the tweets got the recruiting class, A recruiting coordinator is one of the biggest pieces in the process, Posting that stuff isn't what makes him effective. I defend the tweets because the man is being himself. Who are you to say its stupid because he gets excited?

I guess when your school is busy with players being arrested its easy to rag on someones tweets.

Never did I say the tweets got the recruiting class, A recruiting coordinator is one of the biggest pieces in the process, Posting that stuff isn't what makes him effective. I defend the tweets because the man is being himself. Who are you to say its stupid because he gets excited?

I guess when your school is busy with players being arrested its easy to rag on someones tweets.

i can say it's stupid if I want as can everyone else in this thread who has said it.. There is no defense nor spin on those tweets not being ridiculous and embarrassing. it's highly doubtful he is what those tweets are. As i have said there are plenty who are great recruiters who don't resort to those type tweets. You need to be able to tell the difference between going after coley the person and going after the ridiculous tweets and FSU fans shouldn't be talking about players getting in trouble with your program's history.

i can say it's stupid if I want as can everyone else in this thread who has said it.. There is no defense nor spin on those tweets not being ridiculous and embarrassing. it's highly doubtful he is what those tweets are. As i have said there are plenty who are great recruiters who don't resort to those type tweets. You need to be able to tell the difference between going after coley the person and going after the ridiculous tweets and FSU fans shouldn't be talking about players getting in trouble with your program's history.

LOL. So bad. Its ridiculous for someone to be the way Coley is? You're so open-minded. Also what does the past have to do with right now? But hey if you wanna bring up the past that's fine with me. I have a dynasty to support me, how bout you?

You apparently cannot grasp the concept that Coley isn't faking in his tweets...THATS HOW HE IS IN PERSON. You're attacking the tweets so you're also attacking the man. Go watch any booster meeting and tell me Coley isn't the same way. You have no clue what you're talking about in this situation.

BTW you need to go handle the thread in RC. Its getting ridiculous.

Edited by Cody #53

LOL. So bad. Its ridiculous for someone to be the way Coley is? You're so open-minded. Also what does the past have to do with right now? But hey if you wanna bring up the past that's fine with me. I have a dynasty to support me, how bout you?

You apparently cannot grasp the concept that Coley isn't faking in his tweets...THATS HOW HE IS IN PERSON. You're attacking the tweets so you're also attacking the man. Go watch any booster meeting and tell me Coley isn't the same way. You have no clue what you're talking about in this situation.

BTW you need to go handle the thread in RC. Its getting ridiculous.

The tweets are ridiculous and lame. They are embarrassing unless you are an fsu or a coley fan. History? You don't want to talk about fsu's history with players getting in trouble especially recent history. Don't try and change the subject. :P

No, I and others in this thread have a good grasp of what is going on which is just some horrible, embarrassing tweets. Like I said there is no defense and no spin on what we are seeing in those tweets. You can agree to disagree or continue to try to tell every non fsu fan that those tweets are great. Also coley doesn't talk like that all the time I have seen plenty of interviews with him. He is not those tweets.

I just moved a few threads off. Are they any more? i didn't see anymore.

The tweets are ridiculous and lame. They are embarrassing unless you are an fsu or a coley fan. History? You don't want to talk about fsu's history with players getting in trouble especially recent history. Don't try and change the subject.

No, I and others in this thread have a good grasp of what is going on which is just some horrible, embarrassing tweets. Like I said there is no defense and no spin on what we are seeing in those tweets. You can agree to disagree or continue to try to tell every non fsu fan that those tweets are great. Also coley doesn't talk like that all the time I have seen plenty of interviews with him. He is not those tweets.

I just moved a few threads off. Are they any more? i didn't see anymore.

You brought up the history my god. No he doesn't talk like that all the time but that is his personality. You started this thread to rag on my coach because of what he tweets. If you don't see something wrong with that then there really is nothing I can do to help you. Any fan is going to defend his coach just like I'm going too. Now you can either accept the fact that you took something and blew it completely out of proportion as a cheap attempt to diss on someone. Or we can continue this idiotic exchange. Your call.

You brought up the history my god. No he doesn't talk like that all the time but that is his personality. You started this thread to rag on my coach because of what he tweets. If you don't see something wrong with that then there really is nothing I can do to help you. Any fan is going to defend his coach just like I'm going too. Now you can either accept the fact that you took something and blew it completely out of proportion as a cheap attempt to diss on someone. Or we can continue this idiotic exchange. Your call.

Nah you brought up history even if it's a few weeks old it's history.. I started this thread to share one of the worst tweets I have seen from a coach out there regardless of who was the coach. The tweets were freaking hilarious and all the fans other than one fsu fan laughed their tails off at those tweets. If the tweets weren't so embarrassing and lame there wouldn't be anything to laugh about. You should just laugh at those tweets as well and not feel the need to tell everyone that isn't an fsu/coley fan they are wrong and those tweets are great. They aren't great, they are hilarious and there is no defense for them. So you can agree to disagree because you won't be changing the opinions of every non fsu fan.

Nah you brought up history even if it's a few weeks old it's history.. I started this thread to share one of the worst tweets I have seen from a coach out there regardless of who was the coach. The tweets were freaking hilarious and all the fans other than one fsu fan laughed their tails off at those tweets. If the tweets weren't so embarrassing and lame there wouldn't be anything to laugh about. You should just laugh at those tweets as well and not feel the need to tell everyone that isn't an fsu/coley fan they are wrong and those tweets are great. They aren't great, they are hilarious and there is no defense for them. So you can agree to disagree because you won't be changing the opinions of every non fsu fan.

So we continue.

The only thing that gets me is how you act like the only reason he is doing it is to get kids. You can't accept the fact that thats how he is and he isn't just putting up a show. I know their funny, I know Coley is funny. But You guys acting like he is an idiot because he tweets the way is does, that is the worst thing I have ever heard.

I wouldn't ever want to meet a human being that acted like that in real life. That would be so annoying. Brother needs to switch to decaff and take it down to about a 6. I wonder how he sounds when he says grace.

God thank U 4 THIS FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, and thank u FOR THE SPEAR!!!!!! GAAAAARRRRR THE SPEAR AND SEMINOLES AND TAKIN OVER THE WORLD AND OUR TIME!!!! We thank you for this smorgasbord that you have so aptly LAAAAAYYYYYEEEED UPON OUR TABLE BABY! TAKE IT OVER- THE WORLD IS OURS YEAH!!! AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE, CUZ CO-LEY SAID SO!!!!!!! Get FIIIIRED UP AND GOBLINS AND SPEARS AND SWORDS AND I DON'T BREAK MY WORD OR SWORDS FOR NO ONE EXCEPT YOU GOOOOOOD!!!! U R SUCH A GOOD GOD!