Auburn commit spencer region reopens recruiting?

He is open. We all predicted this when he committed in the first place. Kid's recruitment is going to be a circus right up until Signing Day.

yep that was something most of us said after he committed.. not surprised at all. he should have never committed and he should wait til nsd IMO. just too wishy washy.

He is open. We all predicted this when he committed in the first place. Kid's recruitment is going to be a circus right up until Signing Day.

I remember seeing his press conference for his announcement. His mom and bro in UA gear and everything and then this basket case has to turn into a huge drama queen and turn it into a huge circus. Fantastic. :lol:

I think he leaves the state of AL for his college ball. Looking strictly at his size and tape, I wouldn't mind UGA taking him. We will need a big, good guard in this class and I don't know who UGA is in on that is better than him, Landon Turner maybe? Once you take into account the way he has been acting I have to wonder if he might be more trouble than it would be worth though...

Edited by Nicolae

I remember seeing his press conference for his announcement. His mom and bro in UA gear and everything and then this basket case has to turn into a huge drama queen and turn it into a huge circus. Fantastic. :lol:

I think he leaves the state of AL for his college ball. Looking strictly at his size and tape, I wouldn't mind UGA taking him. We will need a big, good guard in this class and I don't know who UGA is in on that is better than him, Landon Turner maybe? Once you take into account the way he has been acting I have to wonder if he might be more trouble than it would be worth though...

no thanks on region.. we are taking 3 offensive tackles and it looks like ward, watts, and shell.. and we have david andrews one of the top centers in the nation and i expect kyle harris or hunter long to get that last offer and commit shortly thereafter. we are bringing in a heck of a oline class and we don't need any drama queens.. :P

no thanks on region.. we are taking 3 offensive tackles and it looks like ward, watts, and shell.. and we have david andrews one of the top centers in the nation and i expect kyle harris or hunter long to get that last offer and commit shortly thereafter. we are bringing in a heck of a oline class and we don't need any drama queens.. :P

Exactly, thats why I put the emphasis on the strictly on his size part of the post. ^_^

I would love to have a 6'6", 340# OG coming out of HS! :blink: ****, that is big. Once you add his propensity for drama to the package, though, it isn't so enticing... :(

So you think Long and/or Harris is our OG in this class? Turner if we can land him?

Edited by Nicolae

Exactly, thats why I put the emphasis on the strictly on his size part of the post. ^_^

I would love to have a 6'6", 340# OG coming out of HS! :blink: ****, that is big. Once you add his propensity for drama to the package, though, it isn't so enticing... :(

So you think Long and/or Harris is our OG in this class? Turner if we can land him?

i don't even think CSS is even recruiting turner. He doesn't have an offer. They want to wait til camps before they offer anyone. No instate guard prospect has really stood out from the others so they want to work them to see who should get that offer. They never had any interest in O'reilly who committed to Auburn. So that would leave a handful of instate guys (kyle harris who is dakota ball's teammate, zach johnson, mckinney (if he can show them he is able to play guard), and hunter long. It will be one heck of a battle in our june camps for that offer. Remember when Ben Jones just dominated and earned his offer.

Remember when Ben Jones just dominated and earned his offer.

That might have been the best OL camp performance I've seen. My favorite part was either Ben just manhandling A.J. Harmon or him pancaking some big kid from Florida then standing over the kid and yelling at him. I thought "now this guy has one of those mean streaks you hear OL coaches talk about."

FWIW, his high school coach claims he didn't "de-commit" per se. Not sure who to believe here.

AL.com

Spencer Region re-opens recruiting

By Mike Herndon

May 07, 2010, 2:14PM

Cullman offensive lineman Spencer Region, who committed to Auburn in February, has re-opened his recruitment, his high school coach confirmed Friday.

"I don't know if de-committed is the right word," Cullman coach Mark Britton said. "I do know he has opened back up his recruiting. ... I think he committed so early, he and his family members want to make sure everything is best for him. He's just wanting to step back and re-evaluate a little bit."

Region was unavailable for comment Friday. The 6-foot-6, 310-pound lineman committed to Auburn over Alabama in early February, noting at the time that a request from the Tide staff that he not take other visits if he committed to UA played a role in his decision. He also has offers from Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas and others, but Britton said it's still likely an in-state decision.

"He's had considerable offers in the SEC," Britton said. "The two in-state schools are pretty much the top shelf right now."