What Would You Ask Jesse, Van Note and Buddy Curry at the FNCO Event?

Well I can't make the FNCO luncheon but I believe it will be a good session. Many of you ole schoolers know these guys. What would you ask them?

My guess is we will probably only get four or five panel questions in.

Here are my questions:

JESSE

1. Comin out of an SIAC school as a UDFA, how did you make the Falcon roster?

2. Describe what you felt when Mort put a bullet through the 98 MIN uprights after you said 'the Falcons ain't never been to a Super Bowl, but we goin now"

VAN NOTE

1. What does it take to play as long as you did in the NFL and can McClure do the same?

2. What is your 2010 Falcon record prediction?

BUDDY

1. Who helped you most in your great rookie season?

2. What's better? 3-4 or 4-3 defense in 2010?

Add your questions.

Guest Gritz

Those are all great questions. If you don't mind I may borrow a couple of them.... :)

The first thing I am going to ask all of them though is to sign a print I have of the caricature that I did below. Superfan did me up some really nice 11" x 14" prints....It's going up in my studio after I get those signatures.... ;)

I'd like to ask Buddy Curry who the QB was of the defenses he played on....Was Buddy himself a big talker or did he let his game talk for him?

I'd like to ask Tuggle who was hardest to tackle....Who was hard for him to bring down?

I'd like to ask Van Note who was the dirtiest player on D that he faced?....When he graduated from Kentucky did Van Note ever see himself playing as long in the NFL as he did?

I met Jessie before just after he retired. I didn't ask anything. I just said I wanted to shake his hand and thanks him for all the great yrs he gave us.

I worked for Joel Williams before and did ask him what it was like playing in the NFL. Or something like that. I was 18 and it was 14 yrs ago. He was a very nice guy. Not sure what I'd ask Curry or Van Note. Maybe I'd ask him what do they think of the team now and the direction the org. is heading in. I was a bit young during their playing days so not sure of specifics.

Ask each of them to tell their most memorable experience overall in their NFL playing days. For Tuggle it will almost automatic of going to the Super Bowl but what about Curry and Van Note?

How did the three of them stay motivated and play at a high level even when they were playing on some of the Falcons teams that overall were not performing well?

I met Jessie before just after he retired. I didn't ask anything. I just said I wanted to shake his hand and thanks him for all the great yrs he gave us. I worked for Joel Williams before and did ask him what it was like playing in the NFL. Or something like that...

Rev, If you have an extra tick please give it to this man. Jus really askin.

FFS1970

I thought you were going to be there--what happened?

Dude I really wanted to be there. Trust me.

The right Rev Hal pulled off a good one on his first FNCO.

Set the bar high though. Jesse, Note and Buddy. You kiddin me right?

Who's next Bart, White Shoes and Kenn? I'm jus askin. No pressure Rev.

Really wanted to see you, Rev and some of the MBers I haven't met yet like Tandy, Gritz and Supa.

Gonna catch you guys on the next one.

Give Gaz a hug. He ain't bad. Not at all. Trust me. Take some pics.

I have to go outta town unfortunately. Hate it. Wanted to take advantage of this one.

Rev tells me there will be more.

Can't wait.

Bring your light saber in case Gaz tries to get buck. LMAO

Gaz be nice to Cappy. If you don't we got issues.

Have fun guys. It should be marvelous.

Ask Curry and Tuggle what kind of LB advice they would give Weatherspoon about playing in the NFL and the same for Van Note on playing on the OL in the NFL for Johnson and Hawley.

Excellent question!!!!! Wow!!!! I'm stealing this one!!! :)

Help yourself Rev. smile.gif

Wish I could attend the FNCO event but think it is a great thing you are doing putting it together.

Don't worry - there will be lots of other events and opportunities to get involved. This is just the beginning.

Uhhhh - Jesse didn't come out of a SIAC school...Valdosta St is in the Gulf South Conference.

Van Note will probably say the dirtiest player was Jim Burt. I never will forget a rant he went on when Burt was playing with the 49ers at the end of his career and wanted to go down and 'whip him right now'.

Guest Gritz

Uhhhh - Jesse didn't come out of a SIAC school...Valdosta St is in the Gulf South Conference.

Van Note will probably say the dirtiest player was Jim Burt. I never will forget a rant he went on when Burt was playing with the 49ers at the end of his career and wanted to go down and 'whip him right now'.

Like your user name brother.....

Elbert Shelley was a really good player for the Falcons....Made the Pro Bowl a few times as a special teamer.....