JA98

Don't think it's gonna happen now.

I still feel like TD wanted a DE in the 1st round but when Philly jumped up for Graham @ 13, the DEs jumped off the board before our pick. After the guys we were interested in were gone I think we decided to go with Spoon and the DEs we have. I don't think he'll be starting, but I do think he makes the roster now.

Don't think it's gonna happen now.

I still feel like TD wanted a DE in the 1st round but when Philly jumped up for Graham @ 13, the DEs jumped off the board before our pick. After the guys we were interested in were gone I think we decided to go with Spoon and the DEs we have. I don't think he'll be starting, but I do think he makes the roster now.

I think we still would have gone with Weatherspoon TBH. We just don't need to groom a guy who may not pan out on the left, however, who is to say what a guy will or won't do without at least one season of pro ball under his belt.

Back on the subject, I never liked JA98 as our 8th overall that year. I mostly wanted a couple of guys who wen before us, would have been okay with Okoye as value of age and loooong learning curve, would have loved Willis, and hoped for a RB (supposedly we were supposed to go into a Power Run game).

Buster will not be cut, Buster will blossom this year. If he's a Falcon he deserves our support and best wishes. Really tired of threads bashing our players.

I appreciate your loyalty, I really do, but if you are a Raiders fan, do you support and send best wishes to Jamarcus Russell? Not if you are smart. Its ok to want to get rid of a player, doesnt make you less of a fan. The chances of Anderson blossoming this year are pretty slim. I hope I am wrong, obviously. We would all love to see him get about 11 sacks this year and be the dominant DE we thought we were drafting. Dont see it happening though.

Edited by blackredfellow

38? Thats it? I think he can get 50 this year.

My bad, he only needs 37.5 . Jamaal's contract calls for his yearly salary to go up by $5 million per year if he has 40 sacks in his first 4 seasons , and he already has 2.5 .

So he only needs to increase his production by about 5000% this year and he is all over it.

Edited by Peyton

My bad, he only needs 37.5 . Jamaal's contract calls for his yearly salary to go up by $5 per year if he has 40 sacks in his first 4 seasons , and he already has 2.5 .

So he only needs to increase his production by about 5000% this year and he is all over it.

:o:D:lol:

they shouldve made it 40 career sacks, maybe that'll push him.

Well the truth is, he had the same incentive for 3 years (30 sacks). Unfortunately, he just missed the 28 sacks he needed last year so he didn't get his $5 million bonus for this year.