First photo of Marvel's Thor released

He wasn't huge either:

superman-christopher-reeve-1.jpg

The costume looks pretty good, keep in mind all of the modern Marvel movies have much more normal looking heroes compared to the comic book versions.

.......but thor was massive compared to other Marvel characters besides The Hulk and The Thing.

.......but thor was massive compared to other Marvel characters besides The Hulk and The Thing.

The Thing wasn't massive in the Fantastic Four movies, outside of the Hulk who they downsized a bit in the last movie nobody is huge in the Marvel movies.

fantastic-four.jpg

Compare to:

fantastic-four.jpg

The Things arm is as big around as any of the characters around him... which is the opposite of the movie.

Thor: 6'6"

Chris Hemsworth 6' 3"

http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor_Odinson_%28Earth-616%29

thor_8.jpg

If you go by the modern look for Thor I don't see a problem. 3" in lifts when Blake turns into Thor shouldn't be an issue. Not to mention the cast is pretty solid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/

Hulk 7"

http://marvel.wikia.com/Robert_Bruce_Banner_%28Earth-616%29

Edited by aerosmith67

Unfortunately there aren't that many disproportionate human beings who can also act.

I always laugh when people say "This guy is too big or this guy is too small." There aren't any human beings who look as ridiculous as comic book heroes. Of all the things to complain about, you would think that maybe the story deviated too far from the comics or the character was butchered by terrible "artist interpretation" and "studio liberties." But no, the most common complaint seems to be "Dude's muscles aren't big enough, I like my men in tights to have gigantic muscles."

Triple H and Brock Lesnar can't play every super hero.

The Thing wasn't massive in the Fantastic Four movies, outside of the Hulk who they downsized a bit in the last movie nobody is huge in the Marvel movies.

fantastic-four.jpg

Compare to:

fantastic-four.jpg

The Things arm is as big around as any of the characters around him... which is the opposite of the movie.

Yeah nobody is huge in any of the Marvel movies. ****, the dude on the far left is Captain America, so there's another something to complain about.